No announcement yet.

Pacquiao vs Armstrong who wins.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
    Actually, Armstrong was only a 2 weight champ t this stage as he moved down to win the LW strap after the Ross fight.

What makes you say that? Manny was phenomenol at that weight, people tend to forget how ferocious and fast he was there.
    The Sanchez fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
      Pacquiao struggled badly with the rough housing of Sanchez. Seriously, Hank would probably put Manny to sleep
      That's a good point.. But if it's prime vs prime, manny was a lot better a few years later at dealing with that.. I think manny from 06-12 has a much easier time with Sanchez, which I believe was a draw, and manny quit because of a cut and roughhouse tactics of sanchez

Comment

Originally posted by RockyIV View Post
        Are you sure? there were a lot more variety in styles back then, it's very likely Armstrong had seen all of what pacquiao had to offer especially considering how often he fought.

Let's not forgot a prime pacquiao lost to morales, so let's not hold his or armstrongs losses against them.

Also just as Armstrong may struggle to keep up with the nutritional and training advances of today, pacquiao may struggle with the frequency of fights and their length in armstrongs era. However considering pacquiaos character and background I think he would adapt better than most modern fighters if he were sent back in time.
        Not talking about styles,, just that manny's combination of handspeed, power, activity, and foot speed... Not many fighters in the history of the sport combined those traits. And Armstrong never faded something like that, few have

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          That's a good point.. But if it's prime vs prime, manny was a lot better a few years later at dealing with that.. I think manny from 06-12 has a much easier time with Sanchez, which I believe was a draw, and manny quit because of a cut and roughhouse tactics of sanchez
          Manny never really got rough housed outside of 135 lbs though and Manny was primed around 130-126

Comment

Originally posted by Holywarrior View Post
            The Sanchez fight.
            Pac v Sanchez didn't happen at featherweight, it was at superbantam, a weight at which Pac destroyed Ladwaba. At feather, Pac would go onto dominate the likes of Barrera. Come on bro, please know boxing.

Comment

Working...
            X