Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bill Russell was a **** NBA PLAYER. Sick & Tired of Old Athlete GLORIFICATION

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bill Russell was a **** NBA PLAYER. Sick & Tired of Old Athlete GLORIFICATION

Ive just about had it with all the dishonest analysis and over glorification of really old athletes for the sake of preserving history and keeping things poltically (and dishonestly) correct.

"Babe Ruth was so great, he would have been great today."

That fat ass wouldnt crack triple A if he played today.

Bill Russell is the greatest center of all time.

Whenever anybody says this, i get a sudden urge to shoot someone in the face. This is always parroted by dishonest talking pinheads who never seen Russell play. They look at his 11 titles and automatically put him above centers and players WHO ARE CLEARLY BETTER THAN HIM.

HE ****ING SUCKED. YES, BILL RUSSELL ****ING SUCKS AT BASKETBALL IF ANYBODY HAD ANY HONESTY AND BALLS TO SAY IT. The man was barely 6'9 and 220bls on a good day. He had no real offensive moves other than dunks and layups vs inferior athletes. He shot under 50% despite being a strictly dunk/layup offensive player IN THE ****ING EARLY 60s!!!!!

Greg Ostertag, yes, scrub ass no muscle tone having greg ostartag SHOT A HIGHER FIELD GOAL % than Bill freaking Russell AND HE DID IT IN THE DEFENSIVE ERA OF THE 90s!!!!! Ben Wallace, ***embe Mutombo, hell Deandre Jordan all strictly dunk/layup offensive players ALL HAVE HIGHER FIELD GOAL %s than Russell. Russell played in the early 60s, basically the infancy of the nba. Where they dribbled the ball with one hand FFS. Where his competition was Wilt, West, and skinny white small forwards.

When are people going to learn that athletes of today/modern times (starting in the 80s) are better than athletes of the 60s and past? If you look at all the consensus GOATS in most sports, they come from the sport's recent history. They dont come from the sports earliest poineers. Usain Bolt, Roger Federer, Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, Jordan, Tiger Woods, Michael Phelps, the GOATS usually come later on. Athletes of modern times have the advantage of past athletes, which meant knowledge that athletes in the beginning didnt have. Knowledge of skill, technique, philosophies, strategies, etc.. You dont crown the greatest of all time in any sport during its beginning stages where the sport is just starting to get played. It hasnt had the time to refine its rules, regulation, technique, etc...

Next time you hear some dumb and ignorant fan spouting off on how Bill Russell is the greatest or Rod Laver was the greatest or Babe Ruth was the greatest, kindly tell them to GTFO, they didnt play in modern times vs modern athletes vs modern competition with modern rules doe.

Stop the intellectual and analytical dishonesty just so you can preserve history.
    Last edited by The Tase; 04-18-2014, 05:33 PM.

He should have won more rings I guess.

Comment

Actually your title would be wrong, he was good at the time. He just wouldn't be now, in your opinion (I don't watch basketball i just admire Shaq's rapping and Chamberlain's **** record).

Also Gehrig>>>Ruth. All day errday.

Comment

Originally posted by GeneralZod View Post
        Actually your title would be wrong, he was good at the time. He just wouldn't be now, in your opinion (I don't watch basketball i just admire Shaq's rapping and Chamberlain's **** record).

Also Gehrig>>>Ruth. All day errday.
        you do know wilt died childless and was never seen with any woman off the court by his teammates right?

yet he managed to **** 20,000 women doe.

allegedly. according to him.

This is what im talking about with old school myths and legends.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
          you do know wilt died childless and was never seen with any woman off the court by his teammates right?

yet he managed to **** 20,000 women doe.

allegedly. according to him.

This is what im talking about with old school myths and legends.
          It was sarcasm, hence Shaq's rapping.

Comment

Guys like Wilt and Lou Alcindor would easily go #1 overall today.

Comment

Originally posted by DeadLikeMe View Post
              Guys like Wilt and Lou Alcindor would easily go #1 overall today.
              KAJ yes. wilt i dont know. KAJ could shoot. he had the skyhook. shooting is a skill that will translate into any era, time period in the nba.

im very skeptical of wilt's greatness due to his utterly pathetic competition and the fact that he couldnt shoot. At least he was above 50% being a stricly dunk/layup player unlike Russell.

im not sure on wilt, but im dead sure about russell.
              Last edited by The Tase; 04-18-2014, 04:55 PM.

Comment

Well, for one thing....

Oh never mind.

Comment

Originally posted by The Tase View Post
                  Ive just about had it with all the dishonest analysis and over glorification of really old athletes for the sake of preserving history and keeping things poltiically (and dishonestly) correct.
                  This really pisses me off too. You get it in every sport. Here in England people call the likes of Kenny Dagliesh and Ian Rush legends and say the likes of Suarez are not on their level. It is utter nonsense. Football pre-1990 was fucking shit. I've seen tape and the 'legends' of the past were all mediocre and wouldn't compete with todays players.

Comment

Originally posted by Adamjr91 View Post
                    This really pisses me off too. You get it in every sport. Here in England people call the likes of Kenny Dagliesh and Ian Rush legends and say the likes of Suarez are not on their level. It is utter nonsense. Football pre-1990 was fucking shit. I've seen tape and the 'legends' of the past were all mediocre and wouldn't compete with todays players.
                    there are always exception to the rules but its basic common fuvcking sense to know that athletes of modern times are better than athletes of the 60s and on down.

the 70s is sort of in between but the 80s is where the modern athlete that we now know started.

Comment

Working...
                    X