Curiosity Mars rover beams images of ancient streambed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Curiosity Mars rover beams images of ancient streambed

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-19744131

Nasa's Curiosity rover has only been on the surface of Mars seven weeks but it has already turned up evidence of past flowing water on the planet.

The robot has returned pictures of classic conglomerates - rocks that are made up of gravels and sand.

Scientists on the mission team say the size and rounded shape of the pebbles in the rock indicate they had been transported and eroded in water.

NASA JPL...

Comment

"dumb yanks.."

"fat yanks..."

we're doing things big on f#cking mars. there's nothing wrong with coming in second place to a country like ours.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        "dumb yanks.."

"fat yanks..."

we're doing things big on f#cking mars. there's nothing wrong with coming in second place to a country like ours.

Comment

Originally posted by G A M E View Post

you got me there.. the moon landing was definitely faked.

i'd probably be sour if i were from some bad resume havin' nation myself.

who knows what sort of amazing stuff they're doing in whatever country you are from. it certainly trumps putting technology on mars, though. america sucks. you're right.

Comment

dumb yanks

Comment

Ward> any other human fighter at 168

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                dumb yanks
                I give the USA full credit for their achievements in space exploration.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
                  I give the USA full credit for their achievements in space exploration.

you've got good taste.

goddamn american technology is making, pretty convincingly, a case for the presence of liquid water on another planet, thousands / millions of years ago.

liquid water is generally recognized to be the catalyist that allows simple life to form

i wouldn't be surprised to see american / euro / asian technology digging up fossils on mars within our lifetimes.

good find. these pictures literally give me the willies.

Comment

Damn thats dope.You think if they find a alien or sum type of life form
                    they would tell us or keep it secret?Hard to believe these other big azz
                    planets with no life.

Comment

Working...
                    X