Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wing chun

WING CHUN KUNG FU

anyone practice this ??

or even came across someone trained in it ?

Comment

lol, not his fault Wing Chun doesn't use kicks that target above the waist.

I don't practice Wing Chun but I learned some of it. Really just to learn how to trap or sticky hands is what they call it.

Comment

i watched IP man I and II and it was a great movie..its the life story of Bruce Lee's master.
        i never seen in mma that uses wing chun technique tho.

Comment

Originally posted by weltercelt View Post
          WING CHUN KUNG FU

anyone practice this ??

or even came across someone trained in it ?
          Great for self defense for the average chap out on the street but absolutely does not translate well into combat sports whether it be boxing or mma.

Their belief is that the bicep should not be used at all when throwing a punch. That all the power comes from the tricep. With it comes punches at blazing speed. A decent wing chun guy can throw about 8 punches in the time it takes the average person to throw 1. Once again great in a streetfight where you may have to defend urself against multiple people but the problem with it in sport is that these are nothing but arm punches that may be irritating but pose no knockout threat whatsoever and a smart fighter will pick up on it and walk right through them while throwing bombs.

Other problems include lack of head and foot movement. Wing chun guys are absolute statues. They also include alot of kicks to joints like the kneecap and ankles to compensate for the lack of movement to prevent them from being bumrushed that would be illegal in combat sports. Without the use of these kicks the effectiveness of wing chun is seriously diminished.

Comment

Working...
          X