Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I know you guys are going to attack me!!! SSR GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Its probably more of a matter of him doing things not many people had done or thought people were capable of in the ring. Tbh I think he would get a hard time against most modern boxers, but he could only fight in his time period and in that period he excelled!

Comment

Originally posted by R I Z O View Post
      I've seen some footage of Sugar Ray Robinson and to be honest, I'm not impressed. I don't see how people could claim again and again that he is the most talented fighter to EVER lace them up. I just dont see it.

I'm not calling him a bum nor have I seen all of his fights but someone asnwer me this........ who did he beat?

I mean really, was competition that stiff back then that you can legitimately claim that he was infact, the GREATEST of all time?

Again, I'm not calling him a bum but I am not going to go with the flow when I feel otherwise.

Someone please enlighten me.
      Kid Gavilan TWICE (Hall of famer)

Carmen Basilio (Hall Of Famer)

Jake Lamotta 4 times (Hall of Famer)

Gene Fullmer 1 time (Hall of Famer)

Randy Turpin (Hall of famer)

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
        I would explain why he's the GOAT but i'm tired maybe when I get back on if this thread is still going
        gee, thanks a lot man!

Comment

I've seen some footage of Sugar Ray Robinson and to be honest, I'm not impressed. I don't see how people could claim again and again that he is the most talented fighter to EVER lace them up. I just dont see it.

I'm not calling him a bum nor have I seen all of his fights but someone asnwer me this........ who did he beat?

I mean really, was competition that stiff back then that you can legitimately claim that he was infact, the GREATEST of all time?

Again, I'm not calling him a bum but I am not going to go with the flow when I feel otherwise.

Someone please enlighten me.

Whats today bash the oldies? Sadly, I been a part of that

Comment

Originally posted by Dead Rabbits View Post
            Kid Gavilan TWICE (Hall of famer)

Carmen Basilio (Hall Of Famer)

Jake Lamotta 4 times (Hall of Famer)

Gene Fullmer 1 time (Hall of Famer)

Randy Turpin (Hall of famer)
            Nuff said.......

Comment

Originally posted by El Dominicano View Post
              Whats today bash the oldies? Sadly, I been a part of that
              Please jump out the nearest window if you think I'm "bashing" anyone.

I CLEARLY said I'm not and in no way was I talking **** about him.

Comment

Winning in multiple weight classes by knocking guys out as he went up in weight. Style and personality in and out the ring. Influence on Ali

Comment

Please jump out the nearest window if you think I'm "bashing" anyone.

I CLEARLY said I'm not and in no way was I talking **** about him.
                  Riz u clearly put on ur title thread i know you guys are going to attack me! lol
                  So u knew it was coming......

Comment

maybe the fact that he pioneered modern boxing and was arguably the most complete puncher ever u ****in idiot. not to mention he singlehandedly carried boxing and was the perfect specimen and able to wield the exact same punching ability and power and both fist. not to mention he no one outside of roy jones had the handspeed footwork and sheer perfection he brought to the ring. he was the epitome of the sweet science. he is the greatest fighter ever and its not a discussion. ali ,tyson, roy , hopkins manny stewart and everyone else including boxers i know all say without a doubt hes the greatest and they all learned everything from him. as well as anyone who has a clue about boxing which obiviously you dont. how old are u. under 21?

Comment

Originally posted by The Gully Gad View Post
                      Riz u clearly put on ur title thread i know you guys are going to attack me! lol
                      So u knew it was coming......
                      I didnt expect for the **** brigade to actually come out .

Comment

Working...
                      X