No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Jacobs: I'm Confident That I Can Hurt Gennady Golovkin

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrClutch85 View Post
    Jacobs has the power to hurt GGG.I think he need use his hand speed throw fast 3-4 punch combos and mix in 1-2 hard punches to do damage
    I also would like to see him use a jab to start then add those hard punches to have Golovkin reset his pursuit on Jacobs. I am rooting for Danny to get this win as he has had a good run since his loss six years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by JRB123 View Post
      I also would like to see him use a jab to start then add those hard punches to have Golovkin reset his pursuit on Jacobs. I am rooting for Danny to get this win as he has had a good run since his loss six years ago.
      Jacobs gotta stay busy with the jab he can't just let GGG walk in range land power shots and then start mixing in the right hand behind it

Comment

Originally posted by GMAN SUPREME View Post
        jacobs will need to land multiple shots flush on ggg's chin to do anything like its been said here a thousand times we've seen him take shots from hard punchers like stevens and lemieux and it didn't even phase him 1 or 2 punches wont do it. I wonder how will danny react if ggg walks through his best punches.

Lemieux and Stevens didn't hit him with much at all

and it's the one you don't see coming that hurts

Comment

Originally posted by observer View Post
          I remember the Macklin fight. Macklin was all motivated and brave... for about 1 minute. Then he realized he's in with something different.

All GGG opponents go through this awakening process in the first round. I imagine it's a bit like being hit on the head with a hammer. Not quite what they were expecting.

Talk about not getting stopped all you want, once you have a hammer hitting your head, things are going to change slightly...

Good luck to Jacobs, hope he makes it a fight.

Jacobs =/= Macklin

writing-off Jacobs and giving him no chance at all, opens the door for Golovkin to have an underwhelming performance

looks like we might be seeing some "slippage" from Golovkin in that fight

Comment

Originally posted by Joe Beamish View Post
            Basically agree. There's a lot of "inflation" in our language, like grade inflation, or vanity waist sizes.

You can't be "great" unless you do great things. Beat great opponents. Why is Ali "the greatest?" He lost a lot of fights, including ones the judges awarded to him. He's great because he beat seriously, seriously great competition, Olympic gold medalists, hall of fame bad, bad men like Liston, Foreman, Frazier.

Golovkin can't be great until he beats the kind of fighter that many people feel might actually win. I'm not blaming him, but there it is.

and I don't label you a hater for saying it

100%

truth be told, I think he is an outstanding fighter.....

he could be more, not sure..... I am way too old/smart to make that call based on the limited levels/styles that he has faced

wish they would take his training wheels off

maybe they have, not sure..... this fight is only happening because of the WBA, but they could have easily passed on Jacobs

I pick Jacobs to look real good early, and Golovkin to look real good late..... Golovkin tko 8/9'ish, I change a bit

Comment

aboutfkntime is right. For a fighter's legacy to be labelled great they have to do great things. I love watching GGG but he hasn't done that yet. The confusion arises, I think, because anyone who knows the game can SEE his technique and respect how technically proficient he is. It isn't an accident that most highly respected fighters and coaches believe GGG is special and that he certainly has the potential to do great things. But to actually do great things needs opportunity, which he has found hard to put in place, and it requires that you overcome serious adversity at least once. We haven't seen GGG in trouble showing us his resilience and heart and you have to see it to believe it. So it is perfectly possible to believe, as I do, that he is a fantastic fighter capable of great things, much better than some others seem to recognize as they don't have the eyes to see, and yet to agree with aboutfkntime that he can't yet be called 'great' in the true sense of the word.

Comment

technically he's faster, so if he can 1-2 punch and then move out of range, he might able to make G's face as bad as ouma did to him lol
                i don't think he has chance to KO G if he aims his head, try body shot, ain't no way he has titanium liver
                well if he somehow can do that, we might see super saiyan G (his trainer been talking G never use 100% of his abilities and power punch)

Comment

Originally posted by petegrif View Post
                  aboutfkntime is right. For a fighter's legacy to be labelled great they have to do great things. I love watching GGG but he hasn't done that yet. The confusion arises, I think, because anyone who knows the game can SEE his technique and respect how technically proficient he is. It isn't an accident that most highly respected fighters and coaches believe GGG is special and that he certainly has the potential to do great things. But to actually do great things needs opportunity, which he has found hard to put in place, and it requires that you overcome serious adversity at least once. We haven't seen GGG in trouble showing us his resilience and heart and you have to see it to believe it. So it is perfectly possible to believe, as I do, that he is a fantastic fighter capable of great things, much better than some others seem to recognize as they don't have the eyes to see, and yet to agree with aboutfkntime that he can't yet be called 'great' in the true sense of the word.

totally agree..... but with respect, it is not a GGG issue at all

it is a " respect for the sport " issue

I am exactly the same with everyone else

don't **** on the legacy of truly great fighters by handing that word around willy-nilly..... even fighters overuse that word, although mostly because of over-respect, not disrespect

you gotta earn that word, unlike some of the paper titles that get handed around nowadays

my issue is more with fans not Golovkin

he is a terrific fighter, and likely a great guy..... but he will be gone soon, along with LOTS of other terrific fighters..... who also did not climb those mountains, for whatever reason

it is a fan issue

put the sport first you cvnts

Comment

My 50 Cents.

1) It's not possible to say if a fighter is great or not while he's active. Maybe with the exception of Bernard.

2) One man's great is another man's good. How many great fighters can a sport have? There's no rule.

3) Overcoming adversity is not in itself the mark of a great fighter.

I'll expand on 3). Let's say we have a fighter that coasts through his career, dominating every single opponent. Is he not great because he didn't have to overcome adversity? And this is where 1) helps. A dominant champion slips or retires and his division suddenly starts blossoming. Like HW now. Mice can now stage life and death Gatti-Ward type great fights, 'cause the cat's not there.

As a consequence, fans are constantly in two states. a) the division's a mess, there' no universally recognized top dog, or b) the division sucks, the champ may be great but he can't show it 'cause there's no one to challenge him. There's an exception when there's a dominant champion from a box-crazy nation. PR or MX. They get recognition while they're active . If only Golovkin was Mexican...

Comment

Can Jacobs hurt Golovkin? Absolutely!
                      Golovkin will likely want to get rid of Jacobs as quickly as possible because Danny has dynamite in his mitts. The difficulty with trying to rush the KO is that GGG will be in more danger. So Golovkin will have to systematically try to break Jacobs down....but Jacobs has reach, speed and youth on his side. This is going to be a helluva task for GGG. This is NOT a cake walk!

Comment

Working...
                      X