No announcement yet.

Can karate beat boxing?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by SunSpace View Post
    Losing an eye can kill you due to blood loss and shock.

I've already explained that there are other ways of approaching a target; if he's tall, then I'll adjust my tactics accordingly. Heck, I might even bring him down to my size (there are measures for that, too.)
    Suppose losing an eye can kill you due to shock...even though that is not verified and is a strawman argument my friend....but suppose its true....because im going easy on you...ill ponder upon this right now....

Is the death instantaneous? Probably not. Infact most likely not. Especially if its due to blood loss.

Is being choked out via RNC instantaneous unconsciousness....a very big YES. Squeeze hard and someones OUT.

So theoretically, because you like theories ....choking out an assailant is a far better option, far better results than gouging out an eye or poking out an eye...amirite?

Comment

• Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
      Suppose losing an eye can kill you due to shock...even though that is not verified and is a strawman argument my friend....but suppose its true....because im going easy on you...ill ponder upon this right now....

Is the death instantaneous? Probably not. Infact most likely not. Especially if its due to blood loss.

Is being choked out via RNC instantaneous unconsciousness....a very big YES. Squeeze hard and someones OUT.

So theoretically, because you like theories ....choking out an assailant is a far better option, far better results than gouging out an eye or poking out an eye...amirite?
      Since you all seem to like bringing up movies:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EyeScream

Such a person would no longer be in a position to fight.

Do you know what shock is?

Comment

I've said none of what you're claiming I stated.

Read my posts again; not once did I state that boxing, in MMA competition, is unbeatable, nor did I use Holm's victory in that way.
        One can only interpret you championing boxing and disregarding Holms other MMA training by what you said here:

I recognize that she recently explored other martial arts in her career as a fighter, but to deny the dominant role of boxing in that Rousey win or attribute its traits to other martial arts is ludicrous. Holm won using boxing; the rest of it was merely a useful MMA base

..merely an MMA base. Kinda like a pizza base..eh?

You know what she dominantly used to win. Let's give credit where credit's due. A base is useful, but something stood out there, and everyone knows that was boxing.

Again you are championing Boxing here. How can i not interpret what you write and write what i wrote?

Also, Rousey was knocked out by a HEAD KICK not an uppercut or a left hook. Do you want to argue that head kicks are part of the boxing arsenal or will u admit that OTHER FIGHTING SKILLS led to the victory and ultimately the KNOCK OUT?

As to your question, a boxer can always box, even on the ground. Is it the best area to box in a real fight? No way. No one should want to be on the ground in a real fight.
        This is hilarious. Really?!

Im glad you provided exclusive information that we can indeed boxing on the ground. Thank you

Good Grief!

No one should want to be on the ground in a real fight...eh?. So you have conceded to this point

So since boxing does not have ground fighting techniques...a wrestler or a grappler or an MMA fighter does indeed have a clear cut advantage against a pure boxer...amirite? Yes...

Comment

• When I heard Sunspace claimed to be an expert ball handler I was thinking point guard, not groin grabbing knob jockey.

Comment

I am not sure what kinda jeans you wear but thick denim jeans with METAL BUTTONS provide extra protection to what you are trying to pass off as an elaborate defense to a street attack.

What if your attacker was a female?

How would you commence then?

Lets put it this way...one for you to ponder upon....what if your attacker was a much bigger female than you....PHYSICALLY BIGGER.

Is your balls ripping off technique gone...? Amirite?

I am still waiting my friend....

Comment

Since you all seem to like bringing up movies:

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EyeScream

Such a person would no longer be in a position to fight.

Do you know what shock is?
              So i just looked at your link.

And this is what you hang your hat on? and this is where you got your balls ripping off technique...from a Wiki Page?

Are you serious. Good grief what a waste of time...

Comment

• ....continuing

Comment

One can only interpret you championing boxing and disregarding Holms other MMA training by what you said here:

..merely an MMA base. Kinda like a pizza base..eh?

Again you are championing Boxing here. How can i not interpret what you write and write what i wrote?

Also, Rousey was knocked out by a HEAD KICK not an uppercut or a left hook. Do you want to argue that head kicks are part of the boxing arsenal or will u admit that OTHER FIGHTING SKILLS led to the victory and ultimately the KNOCK OUT?

This is hilarious. Really?!

Im glad you provided exclusive information that we can indeed boxing on the ground. Thank you

Good Grief!

No one should want to be on the ground in a real fight...eh?. So you have conceded to this point

So since boxing does not have ground fighting techniques...a wrestler or a grappler or an MMA fighter does indeed have a clear cut advantage against a pure boxer...amirite? Yes...
                  A varied base is important; just because it's not what she's a master at doesn't mean it cannot serve a purpose.

That's including the kick, by the way.

However, you simply cannot deny the dominant role of boxing in her win merely because of that kick.

That's all I'm saying--nothing more, nothing less.

As to the rest of your attempt at a counter, I'm having trouble following its logic; of course no one would want to be on the ground in a real fight. I've explained why, over and over again. It doesn't matter if it's a boxer or an MMA fighter. No one wants their eyes gouged out or their groin removed.

That's doesn't equate to a weakness in boxing, nor does it concede any advantage to another style. <.<

Comment

SunSpace

It looks like you have fled. Where have you gone....

Happy now. Is this what you wanted from me?

Sunspace does it again - gets his shyt pushed in.

Let this be a lesson to you. 11/12/2016 is the date you got your shyt pushed in. Never ever behave like a pompous kunt again.

Goodbye
                    I told you that I was eating and not to get frustrated if I didn't immediately view your post.

-_-' I literally answered a minute after your post in which you attempted to brag. LOL

Comment

• I'm going to go watch movies with thewhitegirl now.

I'm not sure what your argument is at this point, but we can agree to disagree on whatever it is!

lol

Comment

Working...
                      X