Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Garcia Would 'Love' Lomachenko; Not Sure About 135 Return

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Garcia Would 'Love' Lomachenko; Not Sure About 135 Return

ARLINGTON, Texas Mikey Garcia isn't 100-percent certain he'll move down at all, much less all the way back to 135 pounds. If he were to return to lightweight, Garcia still would want to test his skills against Vasiliy Lomachenko. A move down to at least 140 pounds probably would benefit Garcia, who was soundly defeated by a bigger, stronger and better Errol Spence Jr. in their 12-round welterweight title fight Saturday night at AT&T Stadium.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Mikey has zero bounce in his step at 47. He was an easy target a lot not just plodding forward trying to catch punches on his gloves

I thought he would get knocked out but I also thought with all that snac training we were gonna see a more explosive Garcia lighter on his feet darting in and out of harms way with quickness. We got the opposite

Comment

Mikey embarrassed himself against Spence and he will get embarrassed by Lomo. There in no head movement in Mikey's game and he will get tagged all night.

Comment

Originally posted by Bronx23 View Post
        Mikey has zero bounce in his step at 47. He was an easy target a lot not just plodding forward trying to catch punches on his gloves

I thought he would get knocked out but I also thought with all that snac training we were gonna see a more explosive Garcia lighter on his feet darting in and out of harms way with quickness. We got the opposite
        Yeah he needs stop that noise and go back to the basics and what works. That worst I ever seen him....

Comment

I believe Mikey would have had a lot of confidence going into that fight before Spence and it would have helped him in that fight. Now I think he's probably damaged regardless of the face he puts on after the fight. He is not proud of his performance. His team needs to choose his next steps very carefully.

Comment

Mikey, have Schaefer make an offer to Floyd to have Tank Davis come to 140! That's must see TV! Maybe even at AT&T?
            Last edited by Bronx2245; 03-19-2019, 09:19 AM.

Comment

Lol yea there's no need to get embarrassed twice buddy.but I have mad respect for Mikey.the man has guts.we need more boxers like him.no ducking allowed.

Comment

mikey still doednt want loma. if mikey dont want lona at 135 he def dont want loma.

Comment

There’s no doubt that Mikey’s weight climb affected his speed, his footwork, his whole arsenal. That version of Spence would’ve beaten everyone at 147 except maybe Crawford. Spence completely took the fight out of him and Mikey had no contingency for being an “elite” fighter. If he thought Spence troubled him, Loma will be trickier. Forget coming down to 135-140, he needs to come down from his high horse and start respecting his opponents. That was a hard dose of humility he was force fed.

Comment

Originally posted by giant_king View Post
                    Lol yea there's no need to get embarrassed twice buddy.but I have mad respect for Mikey.the man has guts.we need more boxers like him.no ducking allowed.
                    Yeah so what he lost and had a TERRIBLE night. He was trying to do too much. Gain weight, bulk up not even a few tuneups....

This negative sht is why NO one wants to lose that 0!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X