Collapse
No announcement yet.

James Degale stomps Chris "the nostril" Eubank on twitter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eubanks was very a decent fighter, but overated with a good win against Benn really his standout performance, but lets not forget Benn was robbed in the rematch after clearly winning the fight and Michael Watson the victim of an absolute shocker of a decision in their first fight too. If those fights had been scored correctly and add him getting battered for 23 of 24 rounds by Steve Collins and outclassed by Calzaghe the shine of greatness certainly is removed, on top of that he wouldnt fight in the US and refused to fight Jones Jnr, Toney or McCallum. If Degale had a boxing brain he could have easily beaten a 10 punches a round poser like Eubanks Snr unfortunately Chunky in incapable of using his skills for more than a couple of rounds and would end up taking a hammering from the old Eubanks.

Comment

Mofo just lost to Caleb Truax lmfao

He's in no position to talk ****

Comment

Sounds like DeGale was more butthurt cuz Eubank Sr was calling into question his work ethic & that he shouldn't of lost to Caleb otherwise.

But overall getting into beefs with retired fighters is stupid & not a good look. Give your elders respect & if they give some advice take it & bite your tongue if it stings a lil cuz sometimes good advice does that.

Comment

"you was"?

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
            Neither was ever elite, two overrated fighters.
            Spot on, both guys are waaaay overrated.

Comment

Eubank was a B level fighter but DeFail is ****ng C level ������

Comment

Degale elite? In which world?

I could have sworn he looks bang average every time he fights and hardly walks away with a convincing performance.

Eubank Sr literally miles ahead of him in every department.

Comment

Originally posted by Mastrangelo
                  I pretty much agree with your assesment of DeGale, although he was legit elite amateur, he has really good win over Dirrell too.

Eubank beat Benn which was really good win(Although let's not act like Benn was ever elite himself), edged Watson in the first fight and pulled out one of the greatest come from behind wins in the history in the rematch(Although let's not act like Watson was ever elite either).. I guess this alone puts him above DeGale, but after that Eubank's career was a joke really.
                  He got gifts decision against Thornton, Schommer, Benn II
                  Went life and death with Malinga, Rocchigiani, Close(Ray Close vs Porky Medina, who wins that one?).

Then took battering from Collins twice and Calzaghe(Neither of those 3 fights were competitive in the slightest).
                  Took on domestic Cruiserweight in Cat Thompson and put on great effort, but lost clearly both times.

So yea - Eubank was better - mostly as a pro and mostly at Middleweight - but neither was elite in their era and both were overhyped.
                  I watched Benn fight McClellan and Eubank in the rematch live. I saw him beat doug dewitt and iran barkely.

He was an elite fighter and one of the most dangerous punchers I have ever seen fight.

Comment

Lost his title to a pizza delivery man in his backyard by decision, goes on twitter to talk ****.

Lol

Comment

theres not a lot of difference between the two of them in terms of resume.

Comment

Working...
                      X