Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Usyk vs. Gassiev To Land in Moscow on July 21, Says RBF Exec

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    (...)

Wlad vs Povetkin was Ukranian vs Russian, in Moscow. And if any bias was shown in that fight, it was in Wlad's favour!
    That fight was back in 2013... The conflict over Crimea and the Donbass war started in 2014...

Comment

Originally posted by Thraxox View Post
      And all of them are literally in the opponent's hometowns.
      Gassiev is from Ossetia not Moscow, though I seriously doubt that has very much bearing on the neutrality of the venue. This was very poor planning from the WBSS - OK, I get that they have to try to maximise revenue, but surely not at the expense of raising the probability of partisan judging.

Comment

Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
        That fight was back in 2013... The conflict over Crimea and the Donbass war started in 2014...
        I know, and coincidentaly, the event which led to the war - President Yanokovich refusing to sign an association agreement with the EU - happened just 1 month after the Wlad/Povetkin fight!

But the tension between Russia and pro-western Ukranians had been simmering for a long time before that, and the Klitschko bros are both very outspoken and politically active pro-western Ukranians.

Also consider - Povetkin is an ethnic Russian Olympic gold medal winner, one of the best known and most popular Russian boxers ever. Gassiev is a Russian citizen but from Ossetia, and nowhere near as well known as Povetkin.

Comment

I know, and coincidentaly, the event which led to the war - President Yanokovich refusing to sign an association agreement with the EU - happened just 1 month after the Wlad/Povetkin fight!

But the tension between Russia and pro-western Ukranians had been simmering for a long time before that, and the Klitschko bros are both very outspoken and politically active pro-western Ukranians.

Also consider - Povetkin is an ethnic Russian Olympic gold medal winner, one of the best known and most popular Russian boxers ever. Gassiev is a Russian citizen but from Ossetia, and nowhere near as well known as Povetkin.
          ... you don't have to explain me too much (we also had an "orange revolution" in our country)...

Comment

... you don't have to explain me too much (we also had an "orange revolution" in our country)...
            Are you talking about Romania joining the EU - or that hype-job Ceaucescu getting exposed and KTFO?

Comment

Are you talking about Romania joining the EU - or that hype-job Ceaucescu getting exposed and KTFO?
              ... back in 2004 we also had an "orange revolution"... for real... (the "orange" party won the election)...

Comment

... back in 2004 we also had an "orange revolution"... for real... (the "orange" party won the election)...
                I didn't know there was an "orange" party in Romania!

Do they march around banging drums and blowing tin whistles to annoy people, like they do in N. Ireland?

Comment

I didn't know there was an "orange" party in Romania!

Do they march around banging drums and blowing tin whistles to annoy people, like they do in N. Ireland?

in america we also had an orange revolution when we elected an orange idiot. MAGA! you can't top that!

Comment

Damn Usyk is a real ****ing Road warrior

Hope he doesnt get screwed

Comment

Originally posted by BLACK KNOT View Post
                      in america we also had an orange revolution when we elected an orange idiot. MAGA! you can't top that!

"It's just fake! It's fake! It's made-up stuff!"
                      Last edited by kafkod; 06-18-2018, 03:18 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X