Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin-Wade Title Fight Confirmed For April 23 At The Forum

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
    Wade is Golovkin's mando. He has to fight him or lose his IBF belt.

Wade is also a former top US amateur and unbeaten as a pro. I think K2 will be able to sell this fight to an American audience quite well.

It won't be on HBO PPV, I wouldn't think, but it will do ok at the gate and in the ratings.
    If they would be able sell out for this fight, I will applause for promotional genius of Tom Loeffler and Team GGG. But my feeling is that they won`t sell good enough this time around.
    I am not against Wade as an opponent, but believe that this fight is a hard sell in US.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      If you call Wade a can you should do the same with Barrera, Ward's next opponent.

Both were at a similar level as amateurs and are still at equivalent levels as pros.

Personally, I like the looks of Barrera more and I definitely feel he has a better chance with Ward than Wade has with GGG.

But Wade is top 10 ranked by more ratings orgs than Barrera.

And he is, after all, GGG's mando.
      Last edited by kafkod; 02-11-2016, 10:07 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sancho Puncho View Post
        If they would be able sell out for this fight, I will applause for promotional genius of Tom Loeffler and Team GGG. But my feeling is that they won`t sell good enough this time around.
        I am not against Wade as an opponent, but believe that this fight is a hard sell in US.
        The overwhelming majority of the sold out crowd at GGG/Lemieux were Golovkin fans and obviously, they enjoyed that fight a lot.

I think that if Golovkin can sell out MSG against Lemieux, he can do the same against Wade.

It wouldn't be another unification match, but Wade is undefeated and from the USA, which has got to help.

Comment

• Comment

I know enough about boxing to understand that a world champ has to fight his mandos and to be able to see that Golovkin is an awesome fighter, definitely one of the current P4P best in the world.

Wade is not a bad opponent for him at the moment. He's a former top amateur - 4 times US champ, unbeaten as a pro and, what matters most, he has the guts to want to fight GGG.

Guess none of that means anything to you though.

Is that 59yo Aussie next ?

Comment

If you call Wade a can you should do the same with Barrera, Ward's next opponent.

Both were at a similar level as amateurs and are still at equivalent levels as pros.

Personally, I like the looks of Barrera more and I definitely feel he has a better chance with Ward than Wade has with GGG.

But Wade is top 10 ranked by more ratings orgs than Barrera.

And he is, after all, GGG's mando.

Neither could be classified as good opponents.

But I, unlike you, have the common-sense to admit it.

Comment

• damn who would have thought it, funny that the 'ocampo is spences mandatory doe' crew arent too sympathetic when ggg fought his mandatory. some great comments here.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                  So he can fight Wade a nobody even to hardcore fans. Wade is Haymon fighter, yet he can't fight Lara who is a thousand times better, said he would move up to 160. All the excuses was Lara doesn't have fans and is with Haymon. So how many fans does Wade have? And he is with Haymon. This is why lil g is straight pusssie
                  Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                  who the **** is dominic wade? is this the guy that they have put on shobox? i understand its a mandatory but god this seems like the never ending routine for team ggg. say no to those willing to fight and chase around those who wont and in the mean time accept step aside fees and fight mandos that no one has ever heard of.

i mean seriously is it just me or is this starting to seem like a purposeful strategy that has no big fight in sight?
                  Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                  This is probably lil g's worst bum to date. He out did himself this time. That is very, very, very difficult to do when you look at his resume. But damn he must have told Tom Loeffler find me the most unknown, part time insurance agent boxer you can find. This is supposed to be the best in boxing? That's a shame.

How in the hell do you get ready for a Lara, DeGeale fighting bum after bum? Lil g is for damn sure president of the bum club.

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                  GGG IS A MONSTER...TOP 3 P4P...One of the best resumes in the game ....uhhh they ducking doe
                  Originally posted by BufordTannen View Post
                  that moment you realize you have to troll since you cant defend any it longer
                  Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                  Golovkin is a manufactured fighter, and HBO are turds.
                  Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
                  Hahahaha, had this been Floyd or a Klitchsko or a Haymon fughrer, what do you think Daggum would be aaying? Lmfaooo. He needs to just accept this ****. I know it hurts. But Golovkin is no better than any of those guys when it comes to cherry picking. Except most of them still have a much better resume.
                  Originally posted by The Big Dunn View Post
                  Because he's fighting GGG and HBO doesn't put him in with young lions, they put him in with young gatekeepers like Monroe and Wade.
                  Originally posted by Bardock View Post
                  What a garbage ass fight. "All the belts doe!"
                  Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                  Shameful, shameful shit. The number one can-man.
                  Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
                  Monroe=young and slick

Lemiuex-Hagler-Hearns

Wade=the fight we all been waiting on

hall of fame run
                  Originally posted by Boskop View Post
                  Another bum bites the dust.
                  Sh*it fight.
                  Gennady really needs to step up now but all he wants is to fight a 154 pounder or 155) on his own weight. They never really wanted the Ward fight, Abel just said it once to look cool.
                  mandatory doe!!!!!
                  Last edited by Prince Madison; 06-16-2018, 01:00 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                    mandatory doe!!!!!
                    I know you're developmentally challenged, and you think you've "got something" here, but this is my reaction to the fight being announced..

Originally posted by b00g13man View Post
                    This is what I was afraid of. Ugh.
                    Yep. Disgust.

Comment

• Originally posted by Drama Show View Post
                      damn who would have thought it, funny that the 'ocampo is spences mandatory doe' crew arent too sympathetic when ggg fought his mandatory. some great comments here.

a bit interesting aint it!

Comment

Working...
                      X