No announcement yet.

Black Panther is now the third highest grossing Domestic movie of all time

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Black people were happy to see themselves represented by a black superhero. And the Marvel Universe fanboys were happy to see another character in the pantheon get a movie.

It's a positive thing all the way around. Yet you seem to be quite triggered by it and feel the need to take little condescending digs.

See my response above.

The movie brought enjoyment and positivity to people, maybe even some inspiration. And it was wildly successful financially.

Why is it not ok to celebrate that? Are you that small of a person that you have to find something negative in it just because black folk are involved?

Well good for them for being so easily pleased. Those film execs will milk it for sure.

Great way to distract people from real injustice by giving them cheap frills from fake stories.

I was just as dismissive over the Wonder Woman fangirls.

You do know who is playing you and taking your money don't you?

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
      Black people were happy to see themselves represented by a black superhero. And the Marvel Universe fanboys were happy to see another character in the pantheon get a movie.

It's a positive thing all the way around. Yet you seem to be quite triggered by it and feel the need to take little condescending digs.

See my response above.

The movie brought enjoyment and positivity to people, maybe even some inspiration. And it was wildly successful financially.

Why is it not ok to celebrate that? Are you that small of a person that you have to find something negative in it just because black folk are involved?
      no, just baffled by the overreaction to it. a man used pen and paper to create a fictional story to make money and people think thats a cause for celebration lol. i didnt wear a suit to the cinema to watch spiderman and see him as an inspiration cause he shares my skin colour, it shows that racism still exists when the only superhero black people can identify with is one of there own colour.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        no, just baffled by the overreaction to it. a man used pen and paper to create a fictional story to make money and people think thats a cause for celebration lol. i didnt wear a suit to the cinema to watch spiderman and see him as an inspiration cause he shares my skin colour, it shows that racism still exists when the only superhero black people can identify with is one of there own colour.
        There have been countless white superheros, blacks finally got one of their own and were happy about it. Oh the horror! How racist of them!

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          How do you know they don't enjoy other superhero movies??

Comment

Didn't really see the hype when Blade came out. I haven't seen Black Panther, is it better than Blade?

Comment

34th when adjusted for inflation.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm

Comment

Originally posted by Rapid Counter View Post
                Didn't really see the hype when Blade came out. I haven't seen Black Panther, is it better than Blade?
                I liked Blade better. But Black Panther is pretty good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
                  34th when adjusted for inflation.

http://www.boxofficemojo.com/alltime/adjusted.htm
                  34th top grossing movie of all time??????

That's actually fcvking amazing

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
                    Well good for them for being so easily pleased. Those film execs will milk it for sure.
                    That's what they are supposed to do.

Great way to distract people from real injustice by giving them cheap frills from fake stories.
                    That's what movies are supposed to do. Entertain.

I was just as dismissive over the Wonder Woman fangirls.
                    Have you ever seen a movie that you enjoyed, or do you find a problem with every movie?

You do know who is playing you and taking your money don't you?
                    Now every time someone buys a movie ticket, they've been played

You're clueless and bitter as fcvk

Comment

Originally posted by travestyny View Post
                      34th top grossing movie of all time??????

That's actually fcvking amazing
                      The title said 3rd and last I checked, 34th is WWWWAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYY BELOW 3rd.

That's all I'm gonna say, bruh. I don't want to go back and forth with you for 600 posts like you're known for. Just not that into it today, but have a good one.

Comment

Working...
                      X