Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Y'all Do Realize The Threat By Wilder is Hype, Right?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Y'all Do Realize The Threat By Wilder is Hype, Right?

C'mon folks!

Should ANY boxer say they want to kill someone in the ring?

NO!

Do boxers say it anyway?

YES!

Pretty regularly as it turns out. So, stop acting like it is so shocking coming out of Deontay's mouth.

Besides, it's working.

Just saw Deontay on SportsCenter.

Yes, a rival broadcaster is talking about Wilder threatening Breazeale...which is probably why Deontay did it in the first place.

Look for the ratings to be pretty high, and definitely partly because of morbid curiousity.

Folks will tune in to see if Wilder actually does it.

Yeah, sick.

But true.

And what if Breazeale dies after the fight? It does happen.

Deontay will be able afford one more jacket from the Drag Queen department and the sport will be ****ed.

Ethically I don't agree with his comments. But there's consideration for the sport too. And the sport should act. The ends don't justify the means.

Comment

Of course, sure it is. He's just out trying to sell and promote the fight. While I don't agree with his methods, I fully understand what he is doing. He is trying stir up a buzz, interest, awareness and ratings for this bout with Dominic Breazeale.

Comment

"If he's not dead, it doesn't count."

-Mike Tyson

Comment

Hyping the fight is the priority. If he also gains some advantage through intimidation. so much the better.

'I wanted to drive that (nose) bone up into his brain.'

-Mike Tyson

Comment

Originally posted by Toffee View Post
            And what if Breazeale dies after the fight? It does happen.

Deontay will be able afford one more jacket from the Drag Queen department and the sport will be ****ed.

Ethically I don't agree with his comments. But there's consideration for the sport too. And the sport should act. The ends don't justify the means.
            He’s just selling the fight and getting into his opponents head.

Comment

Though I don't like what he said, the guy has become really brilliant as far as marketing goes. Remember when he was unknown as a US HW champ? I remember an interview around that time in which he said he was going to start marketing himself and building his own hype because the network wasn't building him. Well, now he's in a position that he can turn down major offers. Love him or hate him, he knows how to sell himself. I can't take that away from him.

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post

-Mike Tyson
                Tyson didn't go on about it and directed it towards an individual not a wish against random fighters saying still looking for a body ,which is beyond stupid when he was told not to before with todays social media around anyway.

That clown behind that mask in your Avi is just a clown in comparison to Tyson ,and he's lucky Tyson is more reserved today but make no doubt .....

If Wilder ever mouthed off to him with none of his thugs around and cameras hed be sent to the hospital, bc in fact Mike had a REAl killer mentality ,not a WWE one from Alabama. .

Comment

Originally posted by Deontay Wilder View Post

-Mike Tyson
                  Dude Tyson had a legit real aura about him and was truly believable when he said crazy **** because he was truly crazy.

Wilder saying he wants a body and that he’s a killer is nothing more than hype. Wilder doesn’t even come close to the aura Tyson presented in the ring when he fought. Wilder just needs to fight and quit with this “im a killer” act because it’s not genuine.

Comment

Originally posted by koolkc107 View Post
                    C'mon folks!

Should ANY boxer say they want to kill someone in the ring?

NO!

Do boxers say it anyway?

YES!

Pretty regularly as it turns out. So, stop acting like it is so shocking coming out of Deontay's mouth.

Besides, it's working.

Just saw Deontay on SportsCenter.

Yes, a rival broadcaster is talking about Wilder threatening Breazeale...which is probably why Deontay did it in the first place.

Look for the ratings to be pretty high, and definitely partly because of morbid curiousity.

Folks will tune in to see if Wilder actually does it.

Yeah, sick.

But true.
                    Saying "I want a body on my record" or "I'll pay his funeral bills" is too far. How would you feel if you were a family member of a fighter who lost their life in the ring, or got seriously injured.

If he's that desperate to sell a fight, then I don't know what to say. There are ways to sell a fight without having to resort to those types of distasteful statements

I see you defending Wilder a lot, so not really surprised by this thread.

Personally...I think the guys an idiot. I think Fury and the aftermath of that fight has dented his confidence and he's acting out against that, his camp have decided to put weight on him and I have no idea why, his speed is his best asset

I still expect him to take Brezeale out, but it will be interesting to see how he reacts if things aren't all going his way

Comment

Working...
                    X