Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 03-03-2019, 07:28 PM #21
05-

Quoted: 1755 Post(s)
BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,417.83
Total Points: 25,346.92
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Quote:
Originally Posted by boliodogs View Post
Why is it then that so many UFC guys hire boxing trainers to improve their punching? How is it that a 40 year old Mayweather could toy with the much bigger Conor who was the best fist fighter in the UFC and beat him so easily without training or trying?
Because adding boxing to a well rounded mixed martial arts skillset is good, the footwork is valuable and punching is the fastest way to hurt an opponent.

But by itself it is not only useless but actually detrimental to real fighting. For many reasons. I will give you one reason, pure boxing teaches you to give your opponent underhooks immediately in the clinch which is the direct opposite of what you should do in MMA. Pure boxing makes you a puncher, not a fighter.

As far as the Mayweather question, it's all about which sport they're competing in. Put Mayweather in Muay Thai for example and any 18 year old Thai kid would turn his legs into mince meat within 1 minute.
BKM- is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:33 PM #22
05-

BKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond reputeBKM- has a reputation beyond repute
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. Happy New Year Bro, All the bet for 2016 - Rocky... Happy 10 years - HughJass Elite Counter-Insurgent - //// No Message - King Krusher 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Yes, Jones would beat him, because AJ doesn't train to kickbox but JJ does. This isn't that hard to figure out. In fact, without years of training and conditioning, Jones would literally be able to take AJ out with low kicks. You can't get near a kickboxer if you don't know how to take those, and if you haven't conditioned your shins to deal with that punishment. It's not something you pick up in 6 months, or even a year.

Anyone who tells you otherwise has zero understanding of kickboxing. Train with some pro kickboxing/MMA guys and you'll quickly understand the different low kicks make.
You know what one of the best sights in life is? Seeing the look on the face of a boxer who takes one, just one solid leg kick for the first time in his entire life.
Old 03-03-2019, 07:43 PM #23
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 9056 Post(s)
Sugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond reputeSugar Adam Ali has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 49,840.45
Total Points: 75,264.53
a truly ATG poster - here's an apple to sustain that brain power - jas It's Easter time, here's an Easter Egg for being the most knowledgeable poster bar none - jas Always spitting out the truth. - Augustane You made some good and fair points for Pac Algieri matchup - hectari couldnt green, but excellent post on violent crime punishment - sugarsmosley 
appreciate the green - -jose- cheers - Beercules beer's on me bro - Mike D Well said - -jose- racist coward - boxingsupreme87 
Real talk - jas war sugar - Mike D No Message - mathed Have some popcorn my brotha! - Mighty_Windir Suck my BBC, yall will lose then never see a repurblican win again.,, - STAX ON DECK 
For think'n you're relevant ! LOL ! - BERNIE'S CORNER Good posts - ΣNΣMY One of the best posters here - 1bad65 Spitting truth bout towels - Shontae De'marc Stock Savvy - BoxingFan85 
Children with Disabilities - Parkinson's Disease - VACTERL - Young Onset Parkinson's Association - jas Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - jas Cultural Diversity - Hunger - Leukemia - Lupus - Melanoma - Racial Tolerance - Reflex Sympathetic Dystrophy Syndrome - Self Injury - jas Emphysema - Lung Cancer - Lung Disease - Multiple Sclerosis - jas AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - jas 
World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - jas 

Yes, in any type of fight besides boxing, Jon Jones would beat up Joshua
Sugar Adam Ali is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 07:43 PM #24
Hittin' the heavy bag.

Quoted: 13738 Post(s)
Redd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond reputeRedd Foxx has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,016,507.17
Total Points: 1,075,175.74
Buy another heavy bag, dog. - punchr Merry Christmas and Happy New Year - Freedom. No Message - stephenmc Cheers to a great poster - Sergey Kovalev Even though I often disagree with you, I still enjoy reading your posts.  Here's a beer. - j0zef 
sit on this, man. it will relax you. best wishes, punchr - punchr No Message - Scott. Weiland Great post, man. - anthonydavid11 Red's all about quality! - BoxingFan85 No Message - Scott. Weiland 
Peace out, brother, I was just clowning around. - !! Anorak Happy Easter and sh*t. - DionysusX Cheers! - anthonydavid11 One Champion. One Face. One Name. - Deontay Wilder LOL - Tony Trick-Pony 
Because you're cool - jaded "no more than 3 replies" dumbass ) - Ogecca MaMa since you think negative of others. f*ck yourself with it - Ogecca MaMa Block this you queer. - denium Stay classy , my friend! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa Male Breast Cancer - Pregnancy Loss - Infant Loss - Sudden Infant Death - Ogecca MaMa Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKM- View Post
You know what one of the best sights in life is? Seeing the look on the face of a boxer who takes one, just one solid leg kick for the first time in his entire life.
^ This.
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Historically, you can see sooooo many MMA and kickboxing fights where a superior puncher gets destroyed by low kicks. I understand why people on a boxing forum don't get that. But, it's pretty much a go-to in these scenarios. You take the guy's legs out his punches lose power, he can't evade you, etc.

I was a "kickboxer" who ended up getting heavy into Brazilian JuiJitsu. I'll never forget the day I was in the MT room working the heavy bags because I wanted to get back into kickboxing. I was next to Carlos Condit and Ryan Bader who are both slightly shorter than I am. The concussive "boom" I FELT coming off the bags from their low kicks was all the reminder I needed that you can't just jump back into that shyt and "deal with" kicks.

Just because the pros make it look easy doesn't mean it actually is.
Redd Foxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:04 PM #25
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 444 Post(s)
youbeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 11,182.43
stay strong Golovtards are comeing - Canelo and GGG 

kickboxing, yes. AJ isnt gonna see those spinning elbows coming and the leg feints
youbeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:06 PM #26
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 444 Post(s)
youbeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond reputeyoubeight has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,270.49
Total Points: 11,182.43
stay strong Golovtards are comeing - Canelo and GGG 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redd Foxx View Post
Yes, Jones would beat him, because AJ doesn't train to kickbox but JJ does. This isn't that hard to figure out. In fact, without years of training and conditioning, Jones would literally be able to take AJ out with low kicks. You can't get near a kickboxer if you don't know how to take those, and if you haven't conditioned your shins to deal with that punishment. It's not something you pick up in 6 months, or even a year.

Anyone who tells you otherwise has zero understanding of kickboxing. Train with some pro kickboxing/MMA guys and you'll quickly understand the different low kicks make.
yes, agree. as someone whos done some muy thai its take months to get use to the brutal conditioning your legs suffer from kicks and sparring. even with pads its huts like crazy.
youbeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 08:34 PM #27
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
satiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 61,469.26

Honestly I don't think so. Fighters very rarely get tkoed with leg kicks. Jones has less than a 5 percent chance of tkoing joshua with a leg kick. Kickboxing is the most overrated combat sport. This is why you have grand prix champs like overreem getting koed cold in the ufc by bums like travis browne.
satiev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2019, 09:29 PM #28
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2193 Post(s)
satiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond reputesatiev1 has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 61,469.26

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbeight View Post
kickboxing, yes. AJ isnt gonna see those spinning elbows coming and the leg feints
I lost count how many kickboxing and grand prix champs got koed in mma by average level strikers that wouldn't qualify as towel man in professional boxing.
satiev1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2019, 01:58 PM #29
05-

Quote:
Originally Posted by satiev1 View Post
Honestly I don't think so. Fighters very rarely get tkoed with leg kicks. Jones has less than a 5 percent chance of tkoing joshua with a leg kick. Kickboxing is the most overrated combat sport. This is why you have grand prix champs like overreem getting koed cold in the ufc by bums like travis browne.
Fighter who don't get TKO'd with leg kicks have conditioned legs and know how to defend against them. TKO from leg kicks on boxers who try kickboxing has an extremely high percentage.

Jones wouldn't even need to beat AJ that way. After a few leg kicks he could just follow up with a high kick to knock him out since he won't see it coming, much like he did to Daniel Cormier here:
Image View Removed. Please Click Here.

Share This With Friends

Tags
anthony, defeat, good, jones, joshua?, kickboxing, match