Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 12-05-2018, 05:41 PM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2424 Post(s)
koolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 30,318.91
Ward KOed Kovalev - siablo14 Still Undefeated. - travestyny what a fckn twit you are - Boxing Goat excellent poster - ^lll excellent poster - ^lll 
good posts - ^lll Good point, on me. - Nomadic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt Henning View Post
someone tell me what "press row" fan dan had for a score?

see? now you dont agree with that score do ya?

but its "press row"...so what? great
We all do it.

We say "look at the polls, look at press row!" when it backs what we think.

We say "screw press row, screw the polls!" when it don't.

I personally am on record here in this forum blasting press row and not thinking much of most of their opinions, since most of them are as clueless as any fanboy.

So, when you see me say "press row", you can bet I am trolling.

I don't usually care about polls or the opinions of other unless I have good reason to.

I trust my own eyes first.

My own eyes tell me that 5 or 6 pitty-pat punches don't take a round from 2 or 3 hard ones.

If someone thinks different, more power to them.

Doesn't mean I will ever agree.

And I certainly aint gonna trip on it either way.
koolkc107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 05:59 PM #12
Up and Comer

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
jmart93 has a spectacular aura aboutjmart93 has a spectacular aura about
Bank: 1,396.77
Total Points: 9,783.02

Where’s the LIKE button at? Great fight!! Heavyweight fight aren’t normally the pace this fight was. Hope we see more fights like this!!
jmart93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:48 PM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Nomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,403.76
Total Points: 21,028.32
Thanks! - MDPopescu heres one back at ya homie thanks. (Late I know just saw it lol) - Cinci Champ thanks! - Money Loco 

Quote:
Originally Posted by koolkc107 View Post
What polls?

I do know that press row was divided on who won, with more folks seeing it as a draw or win for either fighter than an outright win for one or the other.
Don't bother with anyone who says the polls or majority. They have no source reference and make shit up as they go. It was a close fight with rounds able to go both ways. I had Wilder winning myself, but a draw is acceptable.
Nomadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 06:53 PM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1091 Post(s)
Nomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond reputeNomadic has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,403.76
Total Points: 21,028.32
Thanks! - MDPopescu heres one back at ya homie thanks. (Late I know just saw it lol) - Cinci Champ thanks! - Money Loco 

Quote:
We all do it.

I personally am on record here in this forum blasting press row and not thinking much of most of their opinions, since most of them are as clueless as any fanboy.

I don't usually care about polls or the opinions of other unless I have good reason to.

My own eyes tell me that 5 or 6 pitty-pat punches don't take a round from 2 or 3 hard ones.

Now, that's real talk. No one never been KO'd off of pitty pats.
Nomadic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 07:28 PM #15
Interim Champion

Quoted: 685 Post(s)
R-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond reputeR-Hand Southpaw has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,520.37
Total Points: 23,204.32

Quote:
I had Wilder to win vs Fury.

Instead, I saw a draw which was the right decision.

Some of y'all think Fury won.

Some say Wilder got that.

But bottom line, we saw two warriors give everything they had, leave it all in the ring.

Why else do we say we love this sport if not to see that?

And yet, some folks wanna act like it was some gross robbery when each fighter is saying different.

Both think they did enough to win but neither is tearing down the other, is actually quite complimentary of the other guy.

They are showing class, humility, humor, and dignity.

Everything you could want to show your kids to be like.

And WE HAVE TWO OF THEM!!!!!

But some of y'all still got salt.

I just dunno man...
I guess you've never competed in any competitive sport in your life where you gave everything you had just to get robbed of the opportunity eh?

Both fighters are claiming they won, but only one guy is sure of himself, Fury, and the other guy has nothing but excuses.

He broke his arm? His hand? His back?

And then against ortiz. He claims he came in light because he was "sick". But yet he came into this fighter lighter?

He claims he was at 50% and Fury was at 100%? That this was the best damn very if Fury ever.

Wilder came into this fight at full power. Why the need to make excuses if you're confident you won?

Wilders completion has gone up and it's not as easy as he thought it was. Fury took Wilders best shots and still got up. The dude freaken celebrated a draw for crying out loud.
R-Hand Southpaw is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 08:28 PM #16
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5954 Post(s)
Curt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these partsCurt Henning is infamous around these parts
Bank: 2,417.65
Total Points: 110,017.23
your worst nightmare. Loma's D up your ass - Ogecca MaMa Great posts like this deserve a medal of honor - kushking 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - Ogecca MaMa 

Quote:
We all do it.

guys scoring on press row generally have the same view....from the the same perspective....and they arent sitting as close to the actions as the judges....3 judges...in 3 different points of view...sometimes with action wide open to them..somtimes they have a back blocking them

i love how some of these guys take press row and fans takes as if they are doing the same work as a judge...like the judges are watching on a tv on their couch..or all 3 judges are all sitting on press row with the same angle
Curt Henning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 09:25 PM #17
!! Shown

Quoted: 814 Post(s)
!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute!! Shawn has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 28,052.30
Thanks for the advice. - mickey gomez to help keep you sharp in your debates - -PedoBear- Nonito Donaire's #1 fan. He loves talking about him all day. Shawn + Nonito = <3 - subhuman Happy holidays bro! - led* Hypocrites> Hippocrates :dunno: :lol1: - jose830 
Thanks for the karma.  Here's a gift . Always thought u were a good poster  and ur a fellow Rigotard . - Respect Power No Message - whoelsebutjames 
Adoptee - Bone Cancer - Child Exploitation and Abuse - Hope and Support - Peace - Retinoblastoma - Right to Life - Student Sexual Assault - NewYork Troop and Military Support - Amber Alert - Bladder Cancer - Endometriosis - Equality - Liver Cancer - Liver Disease - Missing Children - POW/MIA - Spina Bifida - Suicide - Mr.365 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeadBodyBodyBody View Post
As has been mentioned by many people, one of the more insidious aspects of boxing is that over time, robberies and bad decisions tend to gain some sort of acceptance. Part of that is because of thoughts like, "This topic is getting repetitive, get over it already, at least we saw a good fight" etc...

If you want to be honest about things, I would suggest you change the bolded section of your post to, "most folks wanna act like it was some gross robbery" ...there is a near-enough consensus amongst the boxing community that something pretty corrupt went down on Saturday night. Yes, we will move on, as we must, but twisting the narrative this early on, to say that fans crying 'robbery' are somehow bitter, or "salty", as you put it, is just disingenuous.
Well said.
!! Shawn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2018, 10:41 PM #18
OK Jim...

Quoted: 1645 Post(s)
Chrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond reputeChrismart has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 147,267.88
Total Points: 155,944.48
No Message - Sake1 For Finishing 3rd in Season 4 of The Predictorship Challenge - D4thincarnation Cheers buddy. - El-blanco Happy New Year.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Good to see you're still around champ, always been a top poster! - JK1700 

I thought it was a little bit of a black eye for the sport to be honest.

Lots of interest and eyes on the fight from around the world. Big event, HW excitement, enjoyable tense fight, exciting 12th round. Things are going great but boxing then shoots itself in the foot with another poor scorecard.

The big majority of the boxing world is bemoaning the result. The guy who won had it taken away from him and it was all so predictable.

The reaction has been reminiscent to the first GGG/Canelo fight. Once the fight went the distance, everyone knew which guy wouldn't be getting the decision. Regardless of how the fight went.

As Teddy Atlas said after the fight, people don't want to see a movie when they already know the ending.

Big event, good fight, 2 good fighters. But when you've got scorecards already filled in before the first bell..what's the point. Except for the suits making money.

It keeps happening and it's a turn off. The hardcore fans will stick around, it's all we know, but hopefully the casuals tire of it and put their wallets away. Things might change for the better then.
Chrismart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:21 PM #19
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 2424 Post(s)
koolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond reputekoolkc107 has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,335.46
Total Points: 30,318.91
Ward KOed Kovalev - siablo14 Still Undefeated. - travestyny what a fckn twit you are - Boxing Goat excellent poster - ^lll excellent poster - ^lll 
good posts - ^lll Good point, on me. - Nomadic 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomadic View Post
Now, that's real talk. No one never been KO'd off of pitty pats.
No slight to Fury, of course.

But you had a lot of rounds awarded by fans for that pitty pat that perhaps should not have.
koolkc107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2018, 02:27 PM #20
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 5727 Post(s)
chrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond reputechrisJS has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 67,290.26
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples 
LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples LMAO!!! - apples For your mom - desktop 0 For your pops - desktop 0 
For your mouth - desktop 0 For your vagina - desktop 0 For you loose @sshole - desktop 0 Good poster - Chrismart So true... - Tony Trick-Pony 
No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll No Message - ^lll Why you got so many vibrators? You're gay. - afgbjfgmih 
Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation Breast Cancer - Birth Parents - !nternation 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll Gay and Lesbian Pride - ^lll 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrismart View Post
I thought it was a little bit of a black eye for the sport to be honest.

Lots of interest and eyes on the fight from around the world. Big event, HW excitement, enjoyable tense fight, exciting 12th round. Things are going great but boxing then shoots itself in the foot with another poor scorecard.

The big majority of the boxing world is bemoaning the result. The guy who won had it taken away from him and it was all so predictable.

The reaction has been reminiscent to the first GGG/Canelo fight. Once the fight went the distance, everyone knew which guy wouldn't be getting the decision. Regardless of how the fight went.

As Teddy Atlas said after the fight, people don't want to see a movie when they already know the ending.

Big event, good fight, 2 good fighters. But when you've got scorecards already filled in before the first bell..what's the point. Except for the suits making money.

It keeps happening and it's a turn off. The hardcore fans will stick around, it's all we know, but hopefully the casuals tire of it and put their wallets away. Things might change for the better then.
I agree.

Luckily the vast majority are saying it was a blatant robbery and that Fury won clearly and folks like OP are in a tiny minority. The way he tried to brush it as fans being "salty" and "bitter" is laughable and wreaks of desperation to justify a result he doesn't believe but can't bring himself to acceptance. To see someone adamant a fight was a draw in a world damn near everyone says was a blatant robbery is a clear sign.

I agree with GGG-Canelo too which is one reason I had absolutely no interest in the re-match or any Canelo fight moving forward. I also predicted that if Fury had anything left he'd win the fight but not get the decision. It's sad when you have to take into account that the scores are already kind of decided and robberies are so commonplace.
chrisJS is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
trippin'?, y'all