Forum Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

View Poll Results: Has Canelo Improved Since He Fought Mayweather?
Yes 18 94.74%
No 1 5.26%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-14-2016, 09:50 AM #11
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 16862 Post(s)
Zaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond reputeZaroku has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,382.91
Total Points: 207,676.24
Keep it up man.  This is too EZ.  They ley a lot of shit go in here, but racism isn't 1 of them.  I'm flagging everyone of your comments.  If mega doesnt ban u, Boston will.  Racism is not allowed on here.  So keep writing, I'll keep flagging then I' - HAMMER77777 Thought so.  Quiet now, huh?  Move along, I am done with you. - HAMMER77777 No hard feelings man.  If you're ever near North Dakota, u are welcome to have SOme Beer with my wife and I.  Take care, enjoy your visit to India.  You will see more of it than I ever have. - HAMMER77777 Dude, seriously.  If u can click on VBUCKS menu, u can delete that rude shit I sent u.  I apologize.  You're OK, I'm sorry I insulted you.  I really am. - HAMMER77777 dey hatın, we makin! - Floyd's Mask 
Happy Holidays.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Happy New Year, Christmas, and all the best to you this holiday season Zaroku! - Redd Foxx Thnx for the green ;) - Boxing Goat Keep up the great posts, brother. - anthonydavid11 Welcome Back, Signor Mata. - P.K Dionysus 
Rock on! - HeadBodyBodyBody Good poster with a unique style. - 1bad65 Great post, my dude... - Tony Trick-Pony A medal for Jhonny.. - !! AI-Holmes!! Zaroku The Legend! - travestyny 
For getting SafeSpace banned - 1bad65 No Message - Tony Trick-Pony Hey bro keep fighting the good fight. - BLASTER1 Cheers! - GhostofDempsey No Message - MinuteMaid5 
Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - !! AI-Holmes!! AIDS/HIV - DARE - DUI Awareness - Epidermolysis Bullosa - Heart Disease - Lymphoma - MADD - Substance Abuse - !! AI-Holmes!! World Trade Center Victims and Heroes - Fireworks Safety - -jose- 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatLine View Post
So there we have it. The legendary Ricky Hatton himself confirms that Canelo is now a far better fighter than when he faced Floyd, other than the fact he was weight-drained in the fight too of course. But Hatton thinks his skills have improved a great deal and as he's already said, he himself isn't confident that Khan can pull off the upset because of the huge weight disparity between the fighters.

@ 5:45

[Link View Has Been Removed. Click Here To Unlock This Content.]
Ricky is looking at the coke on the mirror
I'm asking him to change his ways!!!

STFU you bloated pile of mierda!
Zaroku is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 09:53 AM #12
Lights out.

Quoted: 1384 Post(s)
FlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond reputeFlatLine has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,214.72
Total Points: 33,342.28
for there Cotto/Trout video. - jose830 Khan's Army - Box-Office Funny troll thread maker - jas 1 of the greats - jas cool guy - jas 

Quote:
Originally Posted by deathofaclown View Post
Nonsense. Khan would never have the intelligence to beat Floyd. Yeah he has speed but people like Julio Diaz, Peterson, Algieri and Garcia weren't that bothered by his speed. Why do you think Floyd would be?

If you have nothing to offer Floyd apart from speed, you're not going to beat him. Khan has a low ring IQ, no inside game, no real good defence, average footwork, average power, not much of a chin. A guy with these attributes cannot beat Floyd Mayweather. He wouldn't even break a sweat.
Instead of gravitating towards Khan's poorer performances, look at Khan's better performances : Maidana, Judah, Alexander, Collazo, Malignaggi etc.. It's that version of Khan I'm talking about and he showed decent ring IQ, decent inside game, good defence (especially against Alexander and Collazo recently), exceptional footwork, good power (knocking down Collazo 3 times when Thurman didn't once, knocking down Maidana when Floyd couldn't do that in 24 rounds, Broner couldn't do that etc..), and a decent chin too (taking Maidana's best shots without dropping, taking a few Collazo bombs without flinching, bearing in mind Collazo KOd Ortiz in 2 rounds the fight before Khan).

You're imagining Floyd facing the worst version of Khan, while I'm talking about the best version of Khan.

Admittedly, Khan is one of those fighters who isn't always consistent for a number of different reasons behind the scenes.

Peterson - Khan went to his home town and in my opinion won the fight anyway but got robbed. Peterson was later busted for PEDs and the WBA overturned the decision. Only the corrupt IBF allowed Peterson to get away with it which is why it still appears as an L when it should really be an NC.

Garcia - Khan trained himself for about 70% of the camp because Roach was training Pac in the Philippines for Bradley I. In sparring he looked terrible, throwing the same ridiculous jab/uppercut combo which landed him in trouble against Garcia. There was no trainer there to correct his mistakes.

Diaz - Inconsistent fighter himself but when on his A-game he's an underrated fighter who beat Shawn Porter in most people's eyes just 4 months before he faced Khan.

Algieri - Khan wasn't motivated for the fight but he still won clearly. It wasn't even close so not worth mentioning. Two judges scored it correctly as 117 - 111. Khan won 9 rounds, Algieri 3.

Point is, if the best version of Khan shows up, he beats Floyd at this point in his career, that's why Floyd kept avoiding the fight because he was well aware of the risk.
FlatLine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:04 AM #13
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3742 Post(s)
hugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond reputehugh grant has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,432.04
Total Points: 65,839.74
Mourning - Anti-Gang - Melanoma - S a m u r a i Anti-Tobacco - Colon Cancer - Colorectal Cancer - S a m u r a i Cesarean Sections - Headaches - Hospice Care - Multiple Myeloma - S a m u r a i Eating Disorders - Esophageal Cancer - Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease - Irritable Bowel Syndrome - Pulmonary Hypertension - rorymac Bone Marrow Donation - Childhood Depression - Depression - Environment - Eye Injury Prevention - Glaucoma - Kidney Cancer - Kidney Disease - Kidney Transplantation - Leukemia - Lyme Disease - Mental Retardation - Missing Children - Organ Donation - T - I'm so sorry 

Floyd would never fight this version of nelo. Otherwise he would have used his initiative and fought nelo at 155 for a 160 title.
hugh grant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 10:09 AM #14
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 132 Post(s)
MoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond reputeMoneyMayFan has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,296.09
Total Points: 10,484.79

well he should have gotten better since floyd schooled that man. Tought him some ****
MoneyMayFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2016, 11:36 AM #15
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 3133 Post(s)
deathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond reputedeathofaclown has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,468.21
Total Points: 38,497.46
Quality Poster - Dr Rumack consistent quality posting - Beyonce Bomber Funny comment about the Larry account - Nomadic Flamboyant poster - Weltschmerz word life - Santa_ 
Cheers! - BombZquad You are an awesome poster, you rock! - Slick..Slayer 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlatLine View Post
Instead of gravitating towards Khan's poorer performances, look at Khan's better performances : Maidana, Judah, Alexander, Collazo, Malignaggi etc.. It's that version of Khan I'm talking about and he showed decent ring IQ, decent inside game, good defence (especially against Alexander and Collazo recently), exceptional footwork, good power (knocking down Collazo 3 times when Thurman didn't once, knocking down Maidana when Floyd couldn't do that in 24 rounds, Broner couldn't do that etc..), and a decent chin too (taking Maidana's best shots without dropping, taking a few Collazo bombs without flinching, bearing in mind Collazo KOd Ortiz in 2 rounds the fight before Khan).

You're imagining Floyd facing the worst version of Khan, while I'm talking about the best version of Khan.

Admittedly, Khan is one of those fighters who isn't always consistent for a number of different reasons behind the scenes.

Peterson - Khan went to his home town and in my opinion won the fight anyway but got robbed. Peterson was later busted for PEDs and the WBA overturned the decision. Only the corrupt IBF allowed Peterson to get away with it which is why it still appears as an L when it should really be an NC.

Garcia - Khan trained himself for about 70% of the camp because Roach was training Pac in the Philippines for Bradley I. In sparring he looked terrible, throwing the same ridiculous jab/uppercut combo which landed him in trouble against Garcia. There was no trainer there to correct his mistakes.

Diaz - Inconsistent fighter himself but when on his A-game he's an underrated fighter who beat Shawn Porter in most people's eyes just 4 months before he faced Khan.

Algieri - Khan wasn't motivated for the fight but he still won clearly. It wasn't even close so not worth mentioning. Two judges scored it correctly as 117 - 111. Khan won 9 rounds, Algieri 3.

Point is, if the best version of Khan shows up, he beats Floyd at this point in his career, that's why Floyd kept avoiding the fight because he was well aware of the risk.

Well, Diaz is a good fighter on his day but any supposed elite fighter would deal with him easy. Do you really think Diaz could give a guy like Mayweather or Pacquiao a good fight? See,its about levels.

Garcia beat him fair and square, So did Prescott. Peterson won in my opinion and the Algieri fight could have been a draw, i had it near enough a draw but Khan might have edged it. Again it's levels, unmotivated or not, an elite fighter would have dealt with him much easier.

Anyway i know Khan on his game is a good fighter. but anybody truly elite wouldn't be struggling with Peterson, Algieri and Diaz. Or get KO'd by Prescott and KO'd by Garcia in 4 rounds.

There's only so many excuses you can make for a fighter. On his night he is good but a real elite fighter would never have struggled against these fighters the way he did, and it's not like it's a rare one-off thing.

He looks good against the guys he should look good against, and he has a couple of good wins. That's all, nothing more and nothing less.

I'm not even a Floyd fan but Floyd wouldn't even need to operate at 70% to beat Khan.
deathofaclown is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

Tags
canelo, fight, hatton:, improved, mayweather, ricky, tremendously, [video]