Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bob Mee Writing A Book On Tiger Flowers

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bob Mee seems like a nice guy and he does know his stuff but I've also encountered some writing of his that is inaccurate and quite a few actually.

Comment

I am just waiting for his blockbuster on Jose Sulaiman.

Bob often used his column in Boxing News to get properly stuck into the WBC and in particular Sulaiman's autocratic style and some of their abysmal rankings and weird decisions/business dealings.

I reckon he's got a filing cabinet of stuff on Don Jose.

Sometimes it has been a tad repetitive....buy Boxing News and read Mee piling into the WBC; but at least he never held back and put them under sustained and proper scrutiny like a proper journalist.

And I suppose that for a trade mag like Boxing News there was the temptation to take the far easier option of telling Mee to ease off; so credit to editor Tris Dixon as well.

"Bob Mee on Jose Sulaiman and the WBC" is probably being reviewed by some publishing company's lawyers as we speak!

Comment

Originally posted by klompton View Post
        Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. Im glad you liked it. Have you finished it?
        Oh yes, over Christmas break it was all I did. A real treasure, thanks again!

Comment

Hey thanks man, I appreciate it. Im glad you liked it. Have you finished it?
          Let me know if its ever released on Kindle.

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
            Klompton in with a heavy discrediting of Mee.

Klompton have you confronted Mee with these issues? I reckon that if he is to be taken serious, he'd have to mount a defense.

For the record I have not read the book in question (and would rather read Klompton's book on Greb TBH), so I cannot relate to the context in which the quoted passages were written.
            Ive confronted him about some of the issues on twitter but he hasnt responded. Frankly I dont see how he can without admitting he made some serious mistakes or practiced in character assassination. Books have been pulled from the shelves for what Mee wrote about Fralick.

Comment

Ive confronted him about some of the issues on twitter but he hasnt responded. Frankly I dont see how he can without admitting he made some serious mistakes or practiced in character assassination. Books have been pulled from the shelves for what Mee wrote about Fralick.
              One would think that Fralicks family would do something to not have a deceased relatives character killed.

Comment

Fralick had no children so apparently Mee feels comfortable writing his trash without retribution.

Comment

Working...
                X