No announcement yet.

Mikey vs. Loma won't happen - And it's not Top Rank's fault

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
    Linares didn't seem to have a problem with it, if you asked Easter I bet he wouldn't have a problem with it either.
    That's faulty logic though, because you could just as easily say that if Linares had no problem crossing networks, than Lomachenko should have no problem crossing networks.

Mikey Garcia has a lot more leverage than Linares did. Mikey Garcia is being paid a lot more than Linares was. Mikey is undefeated and unified champion. Linares had one belt and several losses on his record. Mikey is a major headlining A-side for Showtime now. Linares was struggling to get HBO dates as HBO's budget was evaporating.

ESPN pays more than HBO, but Showtime pays more than ESPN. Can't blame Mikey for the fight not happening if TR takes the position that everything must be 100% TR's way. Why would Mikey agree to that? That'd be like blaming Lomachenko if Mikey's position was that everything must be PBC's way.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
      a grown man scared to turn pro and in his 2nd pro fight we found out why lol.
      And yet, 12 fights in his professional career and he's already rated higher than Mikey P4P on everyone's list who matters and he also a 3-division champion.

You should change your name. You're making people who are fans of both fighters going to attack Mikey when they defend Loma.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
        396-1 amateur record. Consecutive Olympic gold medals. World title in his 3rd professional fight. 2 time world champion in his 7th fight. Three DIVISION champion in his 12th fight. A candidate for the world's best pound for pounder boxer on earth today.

If that's a coward...jesus christ. That's a pretty impressive resume for a "coward".
        You trying to talk some sense into a groupie ear. Dont lose ur time. Mikey a god and Loma a coward.

Comment

Originally posted by larryxxx.. View Post
          He isnt targeting Loma anyway so I dont get this thread
          Loma is exactly who he should be targeting tho.

Comment

Originally posted by SniXSniPe View Post
            And yet, 12 fights in his professional career and he's already rated higher than Mikey P4P on everyone's list who matters and he also a 3-division champion.

You should change your name. You're making people who are fans of both fighters going to attack Mikey when they defend Loma.
            those 6 fights in the WSB dont count? oh well

and p4p? that mythical made up list? thats hella bias and agenda driven* especially on these forums by posters who get in their feelings? lol

and I should change my name huh cause people like yourself get in your feelings and start hating? naw Let them hate does nothing on this side? i never changed or attack a boxer out of hate or anything I just speak my opinions and state facts to back them up. People get mad though?

lomachenko turned pro at 25 a grown man, fighting kids in the amateurs, one of his last fights was against 18 year old Jose Ramirez. If that makes you mad take it up with lomachenko not me.

Comment

This isn’t the first time TR has been an impediment to a big fight happening...a lot of guys just don’t like doing business with them.

Comment

The numbers mikey and easter generated are actually solid, I don't get what you mean by pitiful? Sure broner might have brought in more views in their fight but these numbers are not bad at all.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR MIKEY! View Post
                  a grown man scared to turn pro and in his 2nd pro fight we found out why lol.
                  Shut the f**k up, dude

F**king Mikey was fighting a fighter with a 12-40-4 record in his 9th professional fight lmfaoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo ooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Comment

But what about all those ppv buys with Spence doe? I mean, the man is licking his chops for all that ppv paper!!!
                    Last edited by McNulty; 08-01-2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
                      Maybe he needs to fight May 5th or September 16 week ends wearing a Somberro with Vicente Fernandez music cause if you have low numbers that means the Mexicans from Mexico are not watching your fights
                      Perdón, pero en qué sitio de España estás?

Comment

Working...
                      X