No announcement yet.

Yelling "Bodyshot" Before the KO Body Punch is a Dead Giveaway

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Tony Trick-Pony View Post
    I don't believe most fights are fixed by any means, but with Oscar and BHOP, it was as obvious as it gets. Definitely a fix for sure- the beginning of a GBP partnership that has lasted until this day.

Now why was it fixed?

Not sure about that one, TBH. I have little doubt that BHOP would take Oscar. But still, how can it be denied?
    who shouted body shot?

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Don't tell me you're on the same train as that Mcnulty dumbass...
      Have you guys never heard trainers call out instructions before? It's not always audible depending on mic placement, but when you're in there, it's very clear.

Also, the punch was legit. Can people really not see that punch??? Seriously guys... Hops left foot was planted and the left landed square in the bread basket. Also, Oscar did everything you would do; have a slightly delayed response, legs go, don't fold up entirely (because it compresses and hurts more) but tense up, and doesn't hold the belly to communicate what hurt him. He genuinely got hurt.
      I am no Bhop fan but that W was for reals.
      Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
      who shouted body shot?
      You can hear Garcia's corner yell 'el gancho, throw el gancho' before landing the hook on Khan. The fix was clearly in and Khan took a dive

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
        You can hear Garcia's corner yell 'el gancho, throw el gancho' before landing the hook on Khan. The fix was clearly in and Khan took a dive

Its silly to think a corner calling instructions is a fix.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
          Oscar had little credibility with fighters. Hopkins did back then. Oscar was about to really push GBP. Wanted Hops on board. Gave him a big check and a win. Next thing you know, they partner up and everybody is on board. Barrera, Mosley, Marquez. On and on,
          Soooo Marquez,Barrera Mosley all joined gbp because Hopkins? Lol

Cmon bro it had nothing to do with Hopkins this isn’t some kind of street cred crap, if anything fighters would be drawn to DLH because he was the the biggest cash cow in all of boxing at the time, Hopkins couldn’t even attrack flies to *****.

Comment

Originally posted by kidbazooka View Post

Cmon bro it had nothing to do with Hopkins this isn’t some kind of street cred crap, if anything fighters would be drawn to DLH because he was the the biggest cash cow in all of boxing at the time, Hopkins couldn’t even attrack flies to *****.
            What Hopkins can attract, crowd wise, is irrelevant. Hopkins was one of the most respected boxers in the game because he refused to play ball with promoters. Went to court with Butch Lewis. Don King. Spoke to congress. Hopkins did it his way and everyone knew it. For him to co-sign a promotional outfit was HUGE.

Comment

What Hopkins can attract, crowd wise, is irrelevant. Hopkins was one of the most respected boxers in the game because he refused to play ball with promoters. Went to court with Butch Lewis. Don King. Spoke to congress. Hopkins did it his way and everyone knew it. For him to co-sign a promotional outfit was HUGE.
              Yet non of that would make any fighters sign with gbp just because it’s hopkins.

Like I said DLH was the one that attracted the fighters to his company because of how big he was hopkins had nothing to do with that.

Comment

Yet non of that would make any fighters sign with gbp just because it’s hopkins.

Like I said DLH was the one that attracted the fighters to his company because of how big he was hopkins had nothing to do with that.
                Golden Boy had been around well before then. They had deals with HBO and HBO Latino. Oscar was promoting his own huge fights and shows out in Cali. Yet no big name signed to him.

Comment

Golden Boy had been around well before then. They had deals with HBO and HBO Latino. Oscar was promoting his own huge fights and shows out in Cali. Yet no big name signed to him.
                  Yes but they were still just getting started you know that.

Comment

Yes but they were still just getting started you know that.
                    It makes no different to my point. Which is, Hopkins gave Oscar credibility. You can argue that he had money therefore he didn't need Hops but how is that working out for him now?

Anyway, you're entitled to your opinion. And I'm entitled to mine. No one can convince me that DLH-Hops wasn't fixed. It isn't just for one reason. There are so many. But the biggest proof IMO, is the fight itself. Not someone screaming from the stands..but the fight itself. We'll probably never know.

Comment

Bhop Roy 2 was once Manny Floyd, bhop was calling for Roy thereafter

Comment

Working...
                      X