Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How does a unified champion with 4 belts in 22 fights get called a duck?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Hov View Post
    How is somebody with that credible of resume even allowed to be dissed? How can the public be so easily misled to eat up that narrative? And i'm not even dissing Wilder because I like Wilder too. The guy has fought 4 of the top 10 fighters in 22 fights. Like no one besides Loma and Usyk can say they've done that and those guys had more than 350 amateur fights compared to Joshua's 43. Wlad, Dillian Whyte, Povetkin, Joseph Parker, and he was scheduled to fight Pulev who pulled out of the fight. The only guy this dude has fought that wasn't in the top 20 was a replacement opponent in Takam.
    AJ is a good champion. He has fought and defeated more top contenders than Wilder, Fury and Ortiz combined.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
      Not to mention Wlad was 2years inactive and coming back a loss and still almost KOed Joshua.
      He wasn't inactive by choice. He didn't retire and come back. He had been in training camp and training for Fury but Fury pulled out multiple times. That is extremely different from being completely inactive or not even having a fight planned

Comment

By ducking is how.

How many times am I going to read Joshua's record being presented as proof Joshua has ever pursued any major fight?

How many of you are such attention whores rather than commenting in a thread covering the exact subject you have in mind you feel the need to start your own?

The **** is wrong with you clowns?

Comment

Originally posted by EnglishOxide View Post
          If you are going to present one side of the scenario as the true one then don't be surprised when people ask what's up, seeing as it contradicts Joshua's career path. He takes more risks than Wilder and gets tougher people in the ring, that's a fact

It's far easier to believe Wilder never wanted the fight rather than Joshua when you consider both their careers and actions.

-Wilder claimed legacy was important, not money, then demanded 50/50.

-Wilder turned down $12.5m (5x his highest purse) to fight for all the belts (he called this slave money and what happened to legacy?)

-Wilder/Finkel made a bogus $50m offer with a 24hr deadline, refused to send a contract, cancelled 2 scheduled meetings, refused to tell anybody the fight had to be on BT Sport in the UK which was legally impossible for Joshua to accept (how many roadblocks here alone?)

-Wilder 'accepted' $15m with no rematch clause and then lost his pen as he waited for the WBA to enforce a mandatory, first claiming he wanted a rematch clause, and then claiming he needed a date and venue.

-WBA enforce mandatory and Wilder claims 50/50 or no fight again.

-Wilder goes on to sign a fight with Fury with no date or venue. Frank Warren admits he conspired with Finkel to get the Fury fight instead via the $50m bogus contract he helped put together for his network BT Sport.

-Wilder recieves a signed contract for April fight of $15m and doesn't sign it because Finkel claims it has Hearns signature rather than Joshua's (which is standard practice).

-Wilder recieves a new contract rumoured to be $20m minimum guaranteed or a percentage (whichever is higher) and a rematch clause. We have heard nothing since.

Me personally, I think I know who put the roadblocks up here. It's obvious.

There's a smear campaign gone on against Joshua by Wilders people and for a while they were winning the PR war and generating tons of Wilder fanboys to start trying to discredit Joshua but now people are seeing the truth come out.

Wilders people have removed many videos and articles from the internet that put Wilder in a bad light in an effort to sell him more. They want their cash out fight and the only way to do that is to big up Wilders name and try to tear down Joshua's.
          Don't bother trying to discuss the wilder joshua situation with that guy...you're wasting your time and effort. He has a poorly disguised bitterness toward brits.

Comment

Americans getting all excited because they haven't had the #1 HW in almost 3 decades. That's how.

Comment

How is somebody with that credible of resume even allowed to be dissed? How can the public be so easily misled to eat up that narrative? And i'm not even dissing Wilder because I like Wilder too. The guy has fought 4 of the top 10 fighters in 22 fights. Like no one besides Loma and Usyk can say they've done that and those guys had more than 350 amateur fights compared to Joshua's 43. Wlad, Dillian Whyte, Povetkin, Joseph Parker, and he was scheduled to fight Pulev who pulled out of the fight. The only guy this dude has fought that wasn't in the top 20 was a replacement opponent in Takam.
              The second you try to pretend the IBO is a world title, nobody is going to take anything you say seriously.

Comment

Anthony Joshua beat Charles Martin (IBF #8 and maybe in the heavyweight top 30, when 'Czar' Glazkov, IBF#1 and a top 10 heavyweight, tripped on air and blew out his knee), an aging Wladimir Klitschko (two year removed from being made to look inept by Tyson Fury, and still fought 50/50) for two vacant belts, and vacant champ Joseph Parker (won't even start there).

Tyson Fury doesn't self destruct and Anthony Joshua likely still fights Charles Martin, Carlos Takam, Eric Molina and Joseph Parker for his WBC International heavyweight championship without anyone thinking of the fights as fringe contenders.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
                  The thing is, it doesn’t matter how many times these fanatics try to use that “50m” as their umbrella it still doesn’t make it true. We all know now that the offer was a fake offer.
                  Ray, AJ and Hearn both admitted the offer was real. Why are you claiming it was fake?

Comment

Originally posted by WBC WBA IBF View Post
                    Ray, AJ and Hearn both admitted the offer was real. Why are you claiming it was fake?
                    Sure the offer is real. Doesn't mean it was serious. I could offer 50 mil too. The offer would be real even though i don't have the cash to pay.

They were dealing with BT sports which would make a Joshua fight impossible. So the offer wasn't serious.

Comment

Only the idiots are calling Joshua or Wilder a duck.

I think the duck, if you wanna call anyone that, is Eddie. I don't think he wants to be responsible for pushing Joshua too fast into his biggest fights without more edge than he may have now.

I think he wants Wilder to get a lil older or even get beat.

I don't think he wants a f#cking thing to do with Joshua vs Fury, not that it won't sell cuz Joshua vs a 7-11 cashier is selling or that the fight would be boring, but because Fury can win.

I don't really think Eddie wants to make Usyk despite talking about that fight like it'll be Manny vs Floyd cuz if Usyk looks like he's been looking at CW while taking a HW punch he'll beat Joshua & eveeyone else at HW except maybe Fury.

Comment

Working...
                      X