Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How can I continue to practice while injured ?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How can I continue to practice while injured ?

All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain behind my leg just under my ass while sparring yesterday, I stopped training straight away.

Must be a mild sprain as I can still walk on my two legs without feeling too much pain. I only feel the pain when I go up a stair or when I'm in a boxing stance.

I tried to shadow box this morning but as I said before, I feel too much pain on a boxing stance.

So, what can I do to continue practicing while being on one leg basically ?

sounds like a hamstring. resting it properly will be the difference between being sidelined for days or weeks, and being out for months. go see a doctor.

Comment

Rest it. Looks like you'll have to limit yourself to upper body only exercises. Training on it will only delay it's repair or make it worse.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
        sounds like a hamstring. resting it properly will be the difference between being sidelined for days or weeks, and being out for months. go see a doctor.
        I'm not planning to do anything that could worsen my injury...
        I just would like to know if there is anything that I could do on one leg.

Comment

Rest up, watch some old fights

Comment

Originally posted by French-Punch View Post
            All of a sudden I felt a sharp pain behind my leg just under my ass while sparring yesterday, I stopped training straight away.

Must be a mild sprain as I can still walk on my two legs without feeling too much pain. I only feel the pain when I go up a stair or when I'm in a boxing stance.

I tried to shadow box this morning but as I said before, I feel too much pain on a boxing stance.

So, what can I do to continue practicing while being on one leg basically ?
            Dude rest. I did something to my knuckle years ago hitting a heavy bag. Decided I'd just tap the bag with my left hand after a few days of rest and actually throw my right but it just never healed right. Still to this day if I hit the heavy bag for a bit my knuckle swells and starts to hurt.

Comment

Sounds like you strained a flexor muscle in your leg. I used to get those moving furniture. Like you say, it'll only really hurt if you're on stairs or have weight on that leg and push. Alternate between hot and cold, baths and ice packs it was for me, and take it light for at least a couple days

Comment

Stay off your feet and see an orthpedic surgeon asap. He'll know exactly what it is.

Wrong section too.

Comment

Originally posted by French-Punch View Post
                  I'm not planning to do anything that could worsen my injury...
                  I just would like to know if there is anything that I could do on one leg.
                  neck, wrist, hand strength exercises.

Comment

I just recently hurt my shoulder (ac joint) and my advice is rest, took me 6-8 weeks of rest and physio checks, which could have been avoided if I rested instead of pushing my luck at the start, so I know exactly how you feel - in a good rythm of training, dont want to lose some overall fitness etc but just rest it until you're 100% again
                    Last edited by Marcodian; 09-21-2017, 05:46 PM. Reason: Typos - on mobile

Comment

Working...
                    X