No announcement yet.

M. Garcia vs Gamboa.... who wins??

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ralph22 View Post
    mikey quits in the corner because of a cut or broken nose LOL....NO HEART=NO FUTURE amir kahn & victor ortiz are very talented & skilled but they have no heart mikey"quitter"garcia is on that unfortunate list talented fighters with no HUEVOS
    I'm not even a big fan of Khan the person, but I don't think he has an issue with heart, really. I don't see how you could put him in with Ortiz in that category, but that's just me.

And in my opinion, I don't think Mikey lacks heart... he (and his team) were thinking with their heads. It was his first title fight after all, and fighting with that broken nose (which I think WAS accidental and so did Mikey) would have only given Salido a chance to injure his nose further. I don't think it would have caused Salido the chance to win, but Mikey was gonna have to breathe completely with his mouth open and could have risked damage (but not lossage). Mikey has plenty of time to prove heart when he fights someone who is even more of a challenge the Salido was. I get if it was a close fight, but it wasn't. Quitting after accidental injury while your winning doesn't equal no heart IMO. He's the one who has to keep fighting on, not us.

Comment

Easiest fight of Garcia's career.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
        I agree about Gamboa's tendencies. Mikey is a manufactured fighter, an excellent construction. Yuri is a force of nature, a fighter of uncommon athletic attributes, who happens to also be well-trained. Salido was the best (I thought) featherweight in the division, after Gamboa left. If these two ever clash, Garcia would be coming up against a fighter a couple of notches above Orlando.
        Perfectly said. Mikey is the epitome of a text-book fighter, and Gamboa isn't called "Ciclon" for nothing. My only worry is how badly weight-drained Yuri will be @130. When you have to rehydrate 18lbs, that's definitely a red flag. I don't see Gamboa/Garcia happening.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
          Perfectly said. Mikey is the epitome of a text-book fighter, and Gamboa isn't called "Ciclon" for nothing. My only worry is how badly weight-drained Yuri will be @130. When you have to rehydrate 18lbs, that's definitely a red flag. I don't see Gamboa/Garcia happening.
          Didn't Mikey say they could work out the weight issue? I honestly don't remember TBH.

Comment

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
            Didn't Mikey say they could work out the weight issue? I honestly don't remember TBH.
            If Mikey is making 126 with no problems, then he shouldn't chase Gamboa. If he's having problems, then fight Gamboa at 130-135.

I think Mikey should rematch Salido and try to KO him.

Comment

What makes you say this? Gamboa fought for some time at 126 with no issues. His last fight at 130 didn't indicate any weight problems either. I know he re-hydrates quite a bit, but Yuri seems to handle his weight-loss pretty well.

If Mikey is making 126 with no problems, then he shouldn't chase Gamboa. If he's having problems, then fight Gamboa at 130-135.

I think Mikey should rematch Salido and try to KO him.
              I could see Gamboa-Garcia at 130, but not at 126. Yuri is done with featherweight; Mikey would have to come up.

I would love for Garcia to rematch Salido. Mikey was on his way to victory, but we'll never really know if Orlando would've pulled out the upset in the home stretch. Four rounds is a hell of a lot of time, and Salido is the type that grows as the fight progresses.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                What makes you say this? Gamboa fought for some time at 126 with no issues. His last fight at 130 didn't indicate any weight problems either. I know he re-hydrates quite a bit, but Yuri seems to handle his weight-loss pretty well.
                Rehydrating 18lbs seems a bit excessive imho. Was he rehydrating that much at 126lb? He's a small guy (5'5 with a 65'' reach), so it's not like he's gaining some tremendous size advantage by rehydrating so much (i.e. Chavez Jr). I guess we'll see in his next fight. If he comes in 148 again and his punch resistance/stamina seems to be out of the ordinary, then he should probably move up.

Comment

jugding by thier last fights , i have to favor mikey maybe even by stoppage

Comment

garcia ko ........

Comment

Garcia called him out.

Comment

Working...
                      X