Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thurman-Lopez, Garcia-Granados, Santa Cruz-Flores Are Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leo needs to get active, can’t be active against all the top guys every time, he’ll take this on fox get a fight and exposure and then showtime will pick up the Russell fight.

Comment

Smh at Haymon, would’ve made more sense to put the Santa Cruz vs Russell Jr. WBA/WBC unification fight as the co main for Wilder vs Fury at Staples Center but now we don’t even get the fight at all!

Sounds like Haymon may wait to make that fight for middle of next year or have Russell Jr move up to fight Tank Davis!

Thurman and Garcia is more understandable situations!

Porter is fighting Spence’s mandatory so I kinda understand but then again I don’t!

In a boxing world where promoters are just promoters and there is 1 organizational power we would’ve gotten...

Santa Cruz vs Gary Russell Jr WBA/WBC

Spence vs Porter IBF/WBC

Mikey Garcia vs Lomachenko WBC/IBF/WBO/WBA/Ring/Lineal

I would say Wilder vs Joshua but I think if one organization had the power to make unifications mandatory then I can definitely see AJ just dropping his belts to avoid unifying with Wilder!

Comment

next year is the oneTime#season

Comment

Why the hell is Santa Cruz fighting Flores? What happened to the Gary Russell jr fight?

Comment

BS fight central here. Thurman vs Lopez is forgivable with his time off doe. I can't begrudge a guy too much for a get the rust off fight.

LSC vs Flores is garbage doe. Flores has been KO'd in 2 of his last 3 fights in his 2 step up fights & LSC is better than both those L opponents by a mile. Completely bs fight here.

And the Garcia fight is typical Garcia sh^t. Easiest opponent you can get career goal bs. I honestly can't wait for Danny to get beat by one of these bs "easiest opponents he can find" guys cuz its gonna happen sooner or later. Can't keep lowering the bar & your game improves. One of these guys is gonna be a real one & come prepared while Danny is expecting a 90/10 type fight & preparing like its a 90/10 type fight.

Comment

I understand why Thurman is fighting Lopez but the Santa Cruz fight is weak. It's probably Russell's fault though. That guy only fights once a year and then disappears.

Comment

Where is Russell Jr vs Santa Cruz?

Comment

Originally posted by killakali View Post
                  I get that Garcia is coming off an L so he isn't going to be going against a killer but Leo Santa Cruz has no excuse for fighting a bum. Terrible mismatch. I would have rather seen Thurman fight Granados and Garcia face Berto. Those would have made more sense.

If Leo wasn't gonna fight Russell next he should have fought someone else with a bit more of a pulse.
                  Damn you nailed it!!I think this is why i have such a love hate relationship with PBC they have all the key players but dont seem to match them up right most of the time. I gave up on Santa Cruz a long time ago dude is way too inactive and has had 1 too many soft touches for no damn reason, he also blatantly ducked Rigo & then blamed it on Haymon.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    BS fight central here. Thurman vs Lopez is forgivable with his time off doe. I can't begrudge a guy too much for a get the rust off fight.

LSC vs Flores is garbage doe. Flores has been KO'd in 2 of his last 3 fights in his 2 step up fights & LSC is better than both those L opponents by a mile. Completely bs fight here.

And the Garcia fight is typical Garcia sh^t. Easiest opponent you can get career goal bs. I honestly can't wait for Danny to get beat by one of these bs "easiest opponents he can find" guys cuz its gonna happen sooner or later. Can't keep lowering the bar & your game improves. One of these guys is gonna be a real one & come prepared while Danny is expecting a 90/10 type fight & preparing like its a 90/10 type fight.
                    I'm curious who did you want danny to fight?

Comment

Looks like Russell Jr is really retired...

Comment

Working...
                      X