Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

If you are US fighter what's the point in signing with Hearn now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pillowfists98 View Post
    The GB stable as a whole is pretty weak. I think DAZN just wanted Canelo and agreed to throw Oscar some dates in order to seal the deal. DAZN is in the content game though I guess and this Golden Boy deal means more content for DAZN.
    Outside Canelo which is huge GB has tons of young studs Ryan Garcia (prospect of the year 2017 headlining drawing huge crowds already likely the next cash cow in boxing), Vergil Ortiz (leading candidate for prospect of the year for 2018), Romero Duno, Travell Mazion, Diego De La Hoya, Manuel Robles III, Rashidi Ellis, Alexis Roacha

Along with established current or former world champs caliber fighters like Jaime Munguia, Jorge Linares, David Lemieux, Francisco Vargas, Alberto Machado, Rey Vargas, Angel Acosta, Jojo Diaz, Sadam Ali, Jesus Rojas, Antonio Orozco.

There are also reports that they are in the process of signing the next mexican stud Eduardo Hernandez

I would take their roster over Hearns US roster plus they have actually proven they can build US stars and promote in the US market, fill US venues. Hearn is a total unknown with no US fighters and the one lure he had was DAZN and their check book. Well without that why not either sign with Golden Boy or try and make your own deal with DAZN going over his head like Canelo and Golden Boy did.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      Outside Canelo which is huge GB has tons of young studs Ryan Garcia (prospect of the year 2017 headlining drawing huge crowds already likely the next cash cow in boxing), Vergil Ortiz (leading candidate for prospect of the year for 2018), Romero Duno, Travell Mazion, Diego De La Hoya, Manuel Robles III, Rashidi Ellis, Alexis Roacha

Along with established current or former world champs caliber fighters like Jaime Munguia, Jorge Linares, David Lemieux, Francisco Vargas, Alberto Machado, Rey Vargas, Angel Acosta, Jojo Diaz, Sadam Ali, Jesus Rojas, Antonio Orozco.

There are also reports that they are in the process of signing the next mexican stud Eduardo Hernandez

I would take their roster over Hearns US roster plus they have actually proven they can build US stars and promote in the US market, fill US venues. Hearn is a total unknown with no US fighters and the one lure he had was DAZN and their check book. Well without that why not either sign with Golden Boy or try and make your own deal with DAZN going over his head like Canelo and Golden Boy did.
      Hearn has more dates on DAZN than Golden Boy.

Comment

Because Hearn has a deal which gives him control over vast sums of DAZN's money. There isn't another spare 300 mill just sitting around for the next guy to come cut a deal. Matchroom US will benefit greatly from this situation.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
          Yea idk if this situation is helping Eddie out personally THAT much. Although I do suspect Eddie has subscriber deal so Canelo coming to DAZN is gonna help Eddie personally pocket more money I'd imagine.

Its good for DAZN doe. Now they got 2 notable boxing promoters on their platform & I'm assuming Oscar has some sorta solid budget to sign up new guys cuz idk that he's got 10 non-Canelo "high caliber cards" without signing some fresh meat. Is DAZN gonna be cool with some Ryan Garcia or Vergil Ortiz headlined card like Oscar was out selling on these lesser platforms? Idk I'd hope not.
          You were correct about DAZN telling Hearn to ***** off with exclusivity if the opportunity arose to sign Canelo

Comment

It will make people less reluctant to fight on a streaming service at least. Nobody knows how this will all play out quite yet.

Comment

Hearn has more dates on DAZN than Golden Boy.
              I don't care about the dates he has if he doesn't have the fighters what does it matter? I'm saying GB has Canelo and additional 10 US dates and budget from DAZN. If you are a US free agent why sign with Hearn instead of Golden Boy or try and get your own direct deal like Golden Boy and Canelo just did with DAZN. In the US Golden Boy > Matchroom and now the 1 carrot stick Hearn had was that DAZN and their budget is exclusive to Hearn. Without that I is there really a point for any free agent that was reluctant to sign with Hearn to do so now.

Comment

I don't care about the dates he has if he doesn't have the fighters what does it matter? I'm saying GB has Canelo and additional 10 US dates and budget from DAZN. If you are a US free agent why sign with Hearn instead of Golden Boy or try and get your own direct deal like Golden Boy and Canelo just did with DAZN. In the US Golden Boy > Matchroom and now the 1 carrot stick Hearn had was that DAZN and their budget is exclusive to Hearn. Without that I is there really a point for any free agent that was reluctant to sign with Hearn to do so now.
                More dates means more activity. That's one benefit.

Comment

The GB stable as a whole is pretty weak. I think DAZN just wanted Canelo and agreed to throw Oscar some dates in order to seal the deal. DAZN is in the content game though I guess and this Golden Boy deal means more content for DAZN.
                  Obviously they just wanted Canelo, but I'm sure there not mad at GBP coming with them cuz they do need content like a mfer & that GBP library should be a good addition to their platform for hardcore boxing fans even if they don't quite got the names on their roster yet.

But I do think this helps out GBP greatly. They got like ~3 non-Canelo guys who can legit headline probably. They for sure need to acquire some talent to fill up those 10 dates + Canelo's ~2 dates a year. So I think GBP will be nabbing some new guys in the near future.

Comment

More dates means more activity. That's one benefit.
                    How long ago did Hearn tell the world about this deal? He's had the lure of more dates and activity for a long time now and still the top fighters all refused to sign with him. Now that Golden Boy has a huge portion of the DAZN budget and a lot of dates why sign with Hearn? Just sign with Golden Boy who are better US promoters and now you have dates and showcases on DAZN.

Comment

If you are a US free agent why sign with Hearn instead of Golden Boy or try and get your own direct deal like Golden Boy and Canelo just did with DAZN.
                      Well we know, allegedly (I still say allegedly cuz he's not making moves like I'd expect a guy with a prime HBO years budget would be making), Hearn has $125M a year. How much you wanna bet Oscar has less money per year for his 10 dates & its likely a lower amount per card too minus Canelo's situation? I'd bet a lot thats the case. So you'd likely sign with Hearn over Oscar cuz Hearn can pay you more.

But yea if you are a promoter with a solid enough draw or two I think this deal does prove without a doubt that Hearn's "exclusive" deal isn't all that f#cking exclusive like I & many other cats been saying. I mean f#ck the WBSS is already on DAZN so it shoulda been obvious, but mfers like to argue too much.

Comment

Working...
                      X