Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Come September, Mayweather has a hard choice to make. Here is why!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some of ye guys are ****ing comical
    The plan all along was Floyd to fight the winner
    Canelo was the one who caused problems by wanting the fight even if Trout beat him
    Floyd will beat Guerrero then beat Canelo

Comment

Originally posted by thuggery View Post
      Floyd needs to fight Canelo in September, otherwise gtfo out of the way because GBP/Showtime will put Canelo-Cotto on PPV on that date instead.
      Lol.

The contract that Showtime has with Floyd says otherwise...

Comment

Canelo-Trout if it would've sold well... would've been PPV.... they don't feel he's at that point yet, and selling out arenas doesn't translate into selling a lot of PPV. Canelo-Cotto would be a sham at this point, Cotto is well past it and looked bad in his last 2 fights. I see it being made only if they're trying to take the Pac route to Mayweather and add similar opponents to his record....Mosley, Baldomir... that sorta thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Grimgash View Post
          Canelo-Trout if it would've sold well... would've been PPV.... they don't feel he's at that point yet, and selling out arenas doesn't translate into selling a lot of PPV. Canelo-Cotto would be a sham at this point, Cotto is well past it and looked bad in his last 2 fights. I see it being made only if they're trying to take the Pac route to Mayweather and add similar opponents to his record....Mosley, Baldomir... that sorta thing.
          After what we saw last Saturday, I would not at all be surprised if GBP was looking to make Canelo/Cotto. That would fit right in with the model of what they've been feeding Alvarez prior to Trout...

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
            Lol.

The contract that Showtime has with Floyd says otherwise...
            i was thinking the same thing

Comment

Originally posted by Nay_Sayer View Post
              If the Canelo/Trout fight could have brought in a high amount of PPV buys then that fight would have been a PPV event. Cotto is coming off of TWO losses. Floyd could dig up the corpse of Alexis Arguello (RIP) and sell more PPVs than Canelo/Cotto..

The Fact is Canelo has not sold a single PPV in America. Not one. Floyd, OTOH, is the PPV king.

If Floyd doesn't choose to fight Canelo in September, no way in hell does Showtime bump Floyd on Mexican Independence Day weekend to feature a fight by a guy who hasn't sold a single PPV fight in America.

Not gonna happen.
              This is a solid and brilliant arguement, and I agree with it all.

P34c3

Comment

its gonna be alexander

Comment

People forget unless Mayweather Canelo actually has his own Promotional company if showtime backs Mayweather he can easily sell his fight to HBO since he not offically GBP,

Comment

Originally posted by josenoway View Post
                    Doesn't seem that hard at all. He can (and should) fight Canelo, Ginger is the biggest payday out there for him currently.

But even if he doesn't, there is no way Canelo forces him to move the date. Doesn't matter that each has his own promotional company, neither has the resources or logistics to put on a PPV on the scale that GBP does. And GBP is not going to ask Floyd, a guy who commonly does 1M PPVs, to move off a date. The only way that could possibly happen is if Mayweather-Ghost does some incredibly **** numbers like 400K.
                    ^^^This... Very well put.

P34c3

Comment

I respect Canelo for making his power move and taking himself off the Mayweather PPV and putting on a great event last night...

but I thought that May 4th was originally reserved with Canelo in mind like late last year. They tried to squeeze one last fight in on Dec. 8, but it never went through, so they said May 4th.

Then all of a sudden Floyd barges in and says he is going to fight May 4th and Canelo just kinda became the undercard...to not being on at all.

He has exerted some power so far but (if they don't fight each other) IDK if he has the pull to take a venue and date from Floyd if he feels like fighting that weekend.

Comment

Working...
                      X