No announcement yet.

**Official WWE RAW is War 1000th Episode Thread**

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by *Stannis* View Post
    Seems most wrestlers now are bulked up steroid freaks with no personality whatsoever.
    It's the 80s all over again. Only without the few guys back then who had personality and ability.

Comment

I dont' know what some of you guys were expecting anyway? Old ass, shelf of former selves coming out and reliving old nostalgic times. Since I am one of the few who still keeps up with the current product (though not as much as in the late 90's to early 00's. I only watch Monday, not friday), I though this whole thing was a waste of time and got in the way of the ongoing storylines.

By the time it was WWE Championship match time between two current Main event-ers, they took all the "seriousness" out of me with the gimmicks and comedy, from DX to Lita, APA beating up on Ginger head.

I was personally into the whole Triple H vs Brock Lesnar thing, but after he walked out with the DX, parading around like a clown with his sarcasm, how can you except me to take him serious in the next segment when he is supposed to be all serious and upset at Lesnar for "breaking his arm".

But I guess they needed the "ratings boost" for the 1000th episode. Now all of you can go back to NOT watching Raw, and hopefully they get back to real storylines and no old wrestlers ruining the momentum with special appearances.
      Last edited by cupocity303; 07-24-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Cupocity303 View Post
        Now all of you can go back to NOT watching Raw, and hopefully they get back to real storylines and no old wrestlers ruining the momentum with special appearances.
        Wait, these new guys like Daniel Bryan and Heath Slater actually create momentum?

Comment

AUSTIN UPDATE

Stone Cold is LITERALLY on crutches as of this Moment, hes doin the Movie thing but he got alil injured sure he couldve done a promo or something, if he let us know earlier than the ratings maybe wouldve fell so...i forgive him despite being pissed he didnt rescue The Rock at the end..

i give him the pass here..

Comment

Originally posted by The_Bringer View Post
            Wait, these new guys like Daniel Bryan and Heath Slater actually create momentum?
            Heath Slater is a Jobber and has only seen regular TV time since this 1000th episode hype & buildup, jobbing to former Wrestlers aka "Legends" every week.

Daniel Bryan on the other hand is actually a pretty damn good wrestler, and has been a veteran for years before coming to the WWE, on the Independent circuit. Now I myself am not one of these hardcore internet wrestling fan snobs, but they got it right in asking for the WWE to push Bryan, as he was overlooked at first, in favor of the more taller, Steroid type wrestlers who can't even do a Drop kick.

Comment

But hey, you don't have to watch. I would argue that times have changed by force, with the rise of the Internet. They can't get away with some of the stuff they did in the 90's. Everything gets leaked, everyone with Internet access think he is an Armchair expert on backstage info and what needs to be done to improve WWE.

All their wrestlers are pandering to the Twitter-esque social media times, which hampers their characters. Just look at the new Spiderman. Even they couldn't resist the temptation of pandering to us with Spidey having a brand new cellphone, playing with it while masked, waiting for the Lizard in the tunnel. Then he "googles" stuff online, all to let us know that they're part of our world. When the best thing for all of these Superhero characters would be if the movie was set in the 1980's.

Comment

I would like to see any of these new ******* in a hardcore match with cactus jack or terry funk fck even sandman and shaneo mc would whoop that ass.

Comment

Working...
                X