No announcement yet.

Ron Lyle Vs Cleveland Williams

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
    Never seen to many sonny fights but from watching that I didn't know he was able to impose his will so well and get to where he need to be.

But from that I don't see this all time great jab I see a jab that was excellent for getting him in to range and platoon but not so much for scoring or damage
    Like a Holmes or Ali jab but I've not seen all of sonny and there are different ways to to label a all time great jab so idk
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYA4q...ailpage#t=112s

Ignore the commentator, that's a jab.

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
      that tale of the tape is wrong. Williams is 6'4 minimum 6'3. I mean look at him vs Ali. Foreman also said Williams was one of the hardest hitters he ever faced, as did Ali. That and just about everyone knows Ali's reach was 80.

take it up with whoever did the measurements

i was not alive

Comment

Originally posted by them_apples View Post
        Jerry Quarry vs Henry Cooper

What do you think? both fights who's the winners
        Cooper vs Quarry : battle of the bleeders

Cooper was a very good fighter

I give it to Quarry because Cooper was a more notorious bleeder, TKO 6 or 7

Williams wins the first few rounds, Lyle survives, than Lyle starts to do damage

Lyle by stoppage in 8

Comment

Originally posted by MRBOOMER View Post
          Never seen to many sonny fights but from watching that I didn't know he was able to impose his will so well and get to where he need to be.

But from that I don't see this all time great jab I see a jab that was excellent for getting him in to range and platoon but not so much for scoring or damage
          Like a Holmes or Ali jab but I've not seen all of sonny and there are different ways to to label a all time great jab so idk
          Sonny Liston was a beast most people only have seen him vs Ali.

There was a reason Ali was so scared of Liston. Liston smashed everyone.

Comment

Working...
          X