Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Linares: Canelo is Best Pound-For-Pound Fighter in The World

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
    If he'd legitimately won against all of those fighters then he'd be p4p no.1 but he lost to Mayweather and (in my opinion) to Lara and GGG x2.
    Canelo lost to arguably the best ever

Loma lost to arguably a journeyman fighter

Usyk, not his fault, hasn't fought any A level fighters

Crawford hasn't fought any A level fighters either and he has plenty in his division

Canelo is younger than all of them and has fought and has beaten better opposition. Nobody in the sport has a resume better, he's earned the claim to #1

Comment

Originally posted by fvanesbeck View Post
      Anyone who has Canelo ahead of Loma, Usyk or Crawford needs their head inspected.
      Anyone who has Crawford in the conversation with those three need their heads checking.

He picked up titles in weak divisions or fighting the weakest champ in the current division.

His best win is the same as Josh Taylors best win an Taylor is a novice in comparison.

Crawford..p4p.. 34 fights and barely fought anyone with a pulse. Poor Wilder gets slated for it and Crawford gets his d1ck sucked.
      Last edited by EasternEuroFan; 11-12-2018, 11:34 AM.

Comment

Canelo not my #1

Comment

Originally posted by P4Pdunny View Post
          Canelo not my #1
          He 's probably not even in your top 50. So no one cares.

Comment

P4P list

1. Canelo*
            2. Lomachenko
            3. Usyk

Comment

Originally posted by EasternEuroFan View Post
              Anyone who has Crawford in the conversation with those three need their heads checking.

He picked up titles in weak divisions or fighting the weakest champ in the current division.

His best win is the same as Josh Taylors best win an Taylor is a novice in comparison.

Crawford..p4p.. 34 fights and barely fought anyone with a pulse. Poor Wilder gets slated for it and Crawford gets his d1ck sucked.
              You could pretty much say the same for Loma, only actually top champion Loma has beaten was Linares. The other were the weakest champion or a vacant belt against a Russell Jr who never beat anyone of note. Loma is great but lets not act like he's beating the top champs for their titles.

Comment

Originally posted by KingKrypton View Post
                Its true. No one has faced an opponent like GGG twice in a row. Whether you agree with it or not on paper he beat GGG.

1. Canelo
                2. Lomachenko
                3. Usyk
                4. Crawford
                5. Inoue
                I don't do P4P because the concept is stupid, but in what world would it revolve around the paper result rather than what you would consider the result should have been? For instance if you believe Lara beat Williams how could you possibly have Williams ranked higher than Lara if you're trying to estimate 'who is best if they're the same size'?

Like I say, P4P is daft enough anyway, but that just adds an extra dimension of weirdness.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxing Hero View Post
                  P4P list

1. Canelo*
                  2. Lomachenko
                  3. Usyk
                  If you go off resume I can repect that.

I used to have Loma #1 until Canelo beat GGG who was higher ranked then Rig. and Canelo moved up not Loma.

Usyk has to be fighter of the year.

Comment

Canelo wasnt even able to clearly beat an aging golovkin, i think he lost the first and drew the second, but why not give him p4p no1, why not

Comment

Originally posted by Koba-Grozny View Post
                      I don't do P4P because the concept is stupid, but in what world would it revolve around the paper result rather than what you would consider the result should have been? For instance if you believe Lara beat Williams how could you possibly have Williams ranked higher than Lara if you're trying to estimate 'who is best if they're the same size'?

Like I say, P4P is daft enough anyway, but that just adds an extra dimension of weirdness.
                      I agree with your sentiments. But some people see it this way. I see it as neutral. If a guy gets loses a majority of the fight like Pacquiao-Bradley and is given the decision I disagree with moving them P4P.

Comment

Working...
                      X