Boxing Forum
Navigation
Go Back   Boxing Forum > Boxing Forums > Non Stop Boxing

Old 11-03-2018, 05:15 PM #61
Contender

Quoted: 105 Post(s)
Roadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond reputeRoadblock has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,020.15
Total Points: 7,334.57

Quote:
Originally Posted by aboutfkntime View Post
not wanting to make a deal about this, or anything.....

I agree with some of your points, and respect your opinion.....

but read today's bread-bag for a better example of what I am saying

https://www.boxingscene.com/daily-br...-lewis--133370

read about the MUCH better divisional depth in the first article about Hagler

read about the lack of understanding around clinching

and this.....

that is what I was talking about.....
He has an opinion as most writers do, Ive been been involved and followed boxing for 50 yrs I dont see it.

All good mate !
Roadblock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advertisements
>>>TO REMOVE THESE ADS, PLEASE REGISTER HERE FOR FREE<<<
Old 11-03-2018, 05:22 PM #62
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 14582 Post(s)
aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 49,366.14
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadblock View Post
He has an opinion as most writers do, Ive been been involved and followed boxing for 50 yrs I dont see it.

All good mate !

fair call, we can agree to disagree

I don't agree with everything bread says either, but he is on the money for the most part

but I see what he see's in terms of fighters as a total package

take care
aboutfkntime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:40 PM #63
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 5388 Post(s)
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,290.77
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell soul_survivor loves BBC - Shaolin Sword Top Rated Poster - ironmt BOOOOOOOOMB SQUUUAAAAAAAAAAD - Deontay Wilder 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
I agree that you cannot definitively say that Garcia is the best lightweight, now that Loma has moved up..... but before then, he almost certainly was.....

I do not see anyone else beating him, and Loma may not beat him either

but they would need to fight in order to determine that for sure

Mikey is a serious badass, that is who he is

I agree with you 100% that fight is not as relevant as say, Spence/Crawford..... or Lomachenko/Garcia..... divisional supremacy is more relevant, for sure

but if he actually managed to beat Spence, which I admit is a big call..... that win would be relevant alright, no question

I am like you, fights like Brook/Golovkin, Khan/Canelo..... were not top-level fights at all..... but I can see why most punters seem to like them

GOOD post !
Brook was/is a big strong guy who can crack, s that fight had some sense to it. Khan and Canelo are both stars, so it made sense.

This is just a nothing fight for me and it is just a quick buck for mikey and his way of saying "well I took a loss but hey, at least I dared to be great".

I'd much rather we got a definite answer on who the best welter or lightweight on the planet is, rather than fans like us, always discussing hypotheticals.
soul_survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:49 PM #64
Banned

Quoted: 1911 Post(s)
Shontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond reputeShontae De'marc has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 0.00
Total Points: 5,145.27
troll - !nternation you're a fool - !nternation fool - !nternation moron - !nternation idiot - !nternation 
silly boy - !nternation what a fool you are - !nternation just another reminder you are an idiot - !nternation stick it up your ass - !nternation what a moron - !nternation 
No Message - !nternation Count them Benjamin... - Tony Trick-Pony Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You're an idiot - %100 
Tony trick-pony alt - %100 Tony trick-pony alt - %100 You look like the fag that you are - %100 Our common enemy- %100 aka Lester.  LOL - Tony Trick-Pony Cheers, bruh!! - Tony Trick-Pony 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 Gay and Lesbian Pride - %100 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
The thing is the BIG difference is Mikey Garcia is a much smaller man and the older man here.

for 1 SRL really wasn't a small guy he was 5'10 and Hagler was also 5'10 and also SRL was 2 years younger than Hagler who was 32 years old while SRL was 30.

and from what I've read back then the consensus was that the fight between the 2 was 5 years too late much like Mayweather vs Pacquiao, as both were just about out of their respective prime years back then but Ray was closer to prime years than Hagler was.

There have been too many people who've been in the ring with Spence and said he hits almost like a HW for Mikey to have a real chance when he was clearly hurt by Broner to the body. Something Spence specializes in..
ROFL @ bolded. Yeah if the HW is Hughie Fury then sure.

Ridiculous statement that is said so many times to hype a fighter.

Anyway, this is a good fight. A really good fight. The size difference obviously can't be ignored but Mikey wanted this. Mikey is 'daring to be great' with this one - he may as well be p4p#1, 2,3,4 and 5 if he wins.
Shontae De'marc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2018, 05:56 PM #65
Undisputed Champion

aboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond reputeaboutfkntime has a reputation beyond repute
This id should have kick me and dildos every where. Sh1t poster. - mrdogtown1975 Very good post in the Man creates homunculus thread - punchr No Message - ИATAS No Message - ИATAS No Message - Scott.Weiland. 
Keeping it real - Nomadic It's about money - Nomadic Always great posts, one of the best people on here! - JK1700 Undisputed - travestyny 

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_survivor View Post
Brook was/is a big strong guy who can crack, s that fight had some sense to it. Khan and Canelo are both stars, so it made sense.

This is just a nothing fight for me and it is just a quick buck for mikey and his way of saying "well I took a loss but hey, at least I dared to be great".

I'd much rather we got a definite answer on who the best welter or lightweight on the planet is, rather than fans like us, always discussing hypotheticals.

I had little/no interest in either of those fights

I see Garcia/Spence in the exact same mold

not really interested

Spence/Crawford, and Loma/Garcia, are both MUCH better fights

but I see both of those fights not happening for the exact same reason

Garcia and Spence, will likely be waiting around for nothing..... wasting their time, while the bobfather does his thing..... which is lie and manipulate both fighters

Arum aint gonna do Mikey any favors, that is for sure

Loma would have to make that fight, by standing up to Arum, like Pac eventually did..... but standing up to Arum is threatening to sit on the bench and wait out his contract

same with Crawford

don't see it happening
Old 11-03-2018, 06:02 PM #66
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
ROFL @ bolded. Yeah if the HW is Hughie Fury then sure.

Ridiculous statement that is said so many times to hype a fighter.

Anyway, this is a good fight. A really good fight. The size difference obviously can't be ignored but Mikey wanted this. Mikey is 'daring to be great' with this one - he may as well be p4p#1, 2,3,4 and 5 if he wins.

you cannot look at this any other way

the dude could fight Commey if he wanted to avoid Lomachenko

fighting Spence..... is not " avoiding " anything

I would actually prefer that he fight Commey, and then look to clean out 140 if Lomachenko looks unlikely to happen

there is Prograis, Ramirez, the winner of the WBSS, etc
Old 11-04-2018, 08:10 AM #67
LOL @ Ali-Holmes

Quoted: 5388 Post(s)
soul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond reputesoul_survivor has a reputation beyond repute
Total Points: 25,290.77
Sandiest vagina on Boxing Scene - Pigeons Knows his boxing - jas one of boxingscene's worst posters - Freedom. kick this dbag - -Weltschmerz- your natural diet consists of this - Sergey Kovalev 
No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Sergey Kovalev No Message - Bronze Bomber man that red k cut deep...here's the tissue I wiped my tears with - Mike D 
lol - Mr McDowell soul_survivor loves BBC - Shaolin Sword Top Rated Poster - ironmt BOOOOOOOOMB SQUUUAAAAAAAAAAD - Deontay Wilder 
Gay and Lesbian Pride - -Weltschmerz- Hodgkin's Disease - Testicular Cancer - Sergey Kovalev 

Quote:
I had little/no interest in either of those fights

I see Garcia/Spence in the exact same mold

not really interested

Spence/Crawford, and Loma/Garcia, are both MUCH better fights

but I see both of those fights not happening for the exact same reason

Garcia and Spence, will likely be waiting around for nothing..... wasting their time, while the bobfather does his thing..... which is lie and manipulate both fighters

Arum aint gonna do Mikey any favors, that is for sure

Loma would have to make that fight, by standing up to Arum, like Pac eventually did..... but standing up to Arum is threatening to sit on the bench and wait out his contract

same with Crawford

don't see it happening
Hey, I wasn't so enamoured with either of those fights too but my point was that there was something to sell, with Mikey v Spence, apart from trying to target the hispanic market, who may or may not buy into Mikey.

As for Arum, he has nothing to do with Spence as far as I know. No idea why Spence, Thurman, Porter, D Garcia have not yet all fought each other. That is down to Haymon and no one else.
soul_survivor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2018, 12:57 PM #68
Undisputed Champion

Quote:
Originally Posted by soul_survivor View Post
Hey, I wasn't so enamoured with either of those fights too but my point was that there was something to sell, with Mikey v Spence, apart from trying to target the hispanic market, who may or may not buy into Mikey.

As for Arum, he has nothing to do with Spence as far as I know. No idea why Spence, Thurman, Porter, D Garcia have not yet all fought each other. That is down to Haymon and no one else.

Arum manages Crawford and Lomachenko

so yea, I hope nobody is in a hurry for those fights
Old 11-04-2018, 01:35 PM #69
Undisputed Champion

Quoted: 1411 Post(s)
nacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond reputenacho daddy has a reputation beyond repute
Bank: 1,015.08
Total Points: 10,276.19
Campana campana Chino Maidana - punchr ole ole ole ole chino chino - punchr Technico uno! technico uno! - punchr donut - punchr backup donut - punchr 
screw apples - punchr piping hot cup of joe - punchr refill - punchr fuck coffee - KOVALBOXER top poster - Freedom. 
EBT covfefe - Shontae De'marc #1 - mathed #2 - mathed #3 - mathed #4 - mathed 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
BS Ray just admitted to be almost KO'ed by sparring partners at 30 years old. Today's athletes are bigger and stronger than dudes were in the 80's. It's possible SRL may have been able to beat some of today's fighters but to say he does it "comfortably" is a major stretch..As a matter of fact SRL didn't fight many of the best fighters around his weight at the time by today's standard and terminology you can say that he ducked a few of them..
Ray aged as a fighter the way all fighters did BEFORE THE MASSIVE USAGE OF CHEMICALS. if he took the same s hit that Mayweather and all the others are taking he would have lasted until 40. so I say them older guys like hearns duran leonard all the real fighters then are WAY better then the people today being they were mostly clean and a billion times braver
nacho daddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2018, 04:17 PM #70
Interim Champion

Quoted: 344 Post(s)
OldTerry is a name known to allOldTerry is a name known to allOldTerry is a name known to allOldTerry is a name known to allOldTerry is a name known to allOldTerry is a name known to all
Total Points: 8,526.46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Mccowan View Post
Well im sure from your responce that your ego wont allow any new thoughts. But again ill go by what a guy who fought them both has said...and i grew up watching him to and no he wasnt past his ****ing prime lol. Too many excuses around here. He got beat by close decision against a smarter fighter. Its ok.
Instead of being childish and hurling insults at one another, lets just agree to disagree.
OldTerry is offline   Reply With Quote

Share This With Friends

User Tag List