Car questions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Shontae De'marc View Post
    Advice- take it to Greenwood gay bar
    Ya lucky I need to go pik my daughter up from school or is that gay in your opinion.
    So will deal with you later.

Comment

Helped a woman buy a car last weekend. It was in a garage yesterday, told it's got a head gasket oil leak and isn't worth fixing. She had it less than 2 days on the road. She relied on me to make sure it was mechanically sound for her. That car made me look like a hoe...

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
        My sister just bought a 2007 infinity g35 sedan
        And her code p0171 came on within 24 hours of buying from a private party.

The car is nice looking ,well kept on inside ,fully loaded all that. Im not a car guy

Bank 1 too Lean

Any body know about cars ?

Is this an easy fix?
        The P0171 code means that, on the first bank of the engine, the fuel system is running weak or a vacuum leak exists near this side of the engine. A lean condition occurs when the engine either receives too little fuel or too much air.

The estimated cost of repair is about $70.

Comment

Originally posted by W1LL View Post
          Helped a woman buy a car last weekend. It was in a garage yesterday, told it's got a head gasket oil leak and isn't worth fixing. She had it less than 2 days on the road. She relied on me to make sure it was mechanically sound for her. That car made me look like a hoe...
          Man that's gotta be tough.
          A chick asking a guy who's meant to know what hes talking about and then that happens.
          I really feel for ya brah.
          Especially if she's a hotty.

Comment

Originally posted by BLASTER1 View Post
            Ya lucky I need to go pik my daughter up from school or is that gay in your opinion.
            So will deal with you later.
            ooooh I can't wait tough guy

Comment

Am I going back in time or something cause i swear this thread already had like 10 responses.
              Time to go to sleep I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Jc8804 View Post
                My sister just bought a 2007 infinity g35 sedan
                And her code p0171 came on within 24 hours of buying from a private party.

The car is nice looking ,well kept on inside ,fully loaded all that. Im not a car guy

Bank 1 too Lean

Any body know about cars ?

Is this an easy fix?
                My newest ride is from 2007.. I’m from a family of mechanics.... can barely change a flat tire...

Look... I got f overed at sears and Roebuck... they changed apart... that mike coello my cousin changed

He laughed at me for getting bent over...

Comment

Originally posted by Kim Jong Un' View Post
                  The P0171 code means that, on the first bank of the engine, the fuel system is running weak or a vacuum leak exists near this side of the engine. A lean condition occurs when the engine either receives too little fuel or too much air.

The estimated cost of repair is about $70.
                  Thank you, its good to have an idea of what it could be.

Comment

Originally posted by stealthradon View Post
                    Basically this means that an oxygen sensor in bank 1 has detected a lean condition (too much oxygen in the exhaust). On V6/V8/V10 engines, Bank 1 is the side of the engine that has cylinder #1. The P0171 is one of the more common trouble codes.

https://www.obd-codes.com/p0171

So it can be an easy/cheap fix, or it could be really expensive. Take it to a mechanic, they'll tell what it'll cost.

Thanks, we are hoping the simple fix . Thank you for taking the time to help out

Comment

I'd get the car checked out quick. It may have had this error awhile.

I dont know about Infinity cars, but on my Mustangs you can clear the CEL (Check Engine Light) with a tuner or code reader. I know it's that way on other cars too.

It will stay off, at least on Mustangs, for about 50 miles then come back on again. Interesting it came on like a day after you bought it.

The folks you bought it from COULD have cleared the CEL in order to sell the car.

That, or it's an amazing coincidence.

Comment

Working...
                      X