No announcement yet.

HW Ranking According To How Many Top 10 Fighters Have They Beat! AJ # 1

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Curtis Harper View Post
    Not all top 10 guys are created equal. Even in weak era's/div's, there will be a top 10 list
    Surely anyone can understand that the best you can do is to fight the best available.

Number of top 10 opponents is a clear indicator of that.

Wilder has 43 fights, 10 as a champion yet only has 3 top 10 fights.

that's absolutely terrible.

Comment

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...eights#slide10
      https://www.standard.co.uk/sport/box...-a4256871.html

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Surely anyone can understand that the best you can do is to fight the best available.

Are we to assume these so called top 10 guys could beat DW ?!?!?
        That DW is avoiding them ?!?!?

The gap between quality and serviceable is too damn wide.

Comment

I actually really enjoy watching Wilder fight (ortiz 2 less so..I hope this low to 0 volume approach is only temporary) but these kinds of facts are indefensible. Nobody seems to talk about the fact he went for so long without fighting Klitschko, but the moment AJ did - Klitschko was worthless, ancient and over the hill. Of course he was only 1 year older than Ortiz, but again, that's not spoken about.

I really don't care who the better fighter is but i really can't abide blind bias. I really wish people could just look at the sport objectively, they will have a much more enjoyable experience

Comment

Are we to assume these so called top 10 guys could beat DW ?!?!?
            That DW is avoiding them ?!?!?

The gap between quality and serviceable is too damn wide.
            Honestly, I shake my head at this sort of nonsense.

In your head, because the other top 10 guys can't beat Wilder (based on what exactly, his KOs of useless journeymen?), and therefore he just doesn't need to fight anyone? Absolute bollocks.

This mindset right here is what kills boxing. Imagine how much stick AJ would get if he ever even thought of defending his title against bums like Washington, Arreola or Szpilka. Just imagine he said "well the other top 10 guys won't beat me anyway so I'll just fight bums".

Kudos to Wilder though, he's fought Ortiz twice now. That was a decent opponent and a humungous step up from his usual opponents.

Comment

Honestly, I shake my head at this sort of nonsense.

In your head, because the other top 10 guys can't beat Wilder (based on what exactly, his KOs of useless journeymen?), and therefore he just doesn't need to fight anyone? Absolute bollocks.

This mindset right here is what kills boxing. Imagine how much stick AJ would get if he ever even thought of defending his title against bums like Washington, Arreola or Szpilka. Just imagine he said "well the other top 10 guys won't beat me anyway so I'll just fight bums".

Kudos to Wilder though, he's fought Ortiz twice now. That was a decent opponent and a humungous step up from his usual opponents.
              Ok, using your plethora of insight, which ''top 10'' guy(s) do you see having a credible, long lasting (winning) future ?

To assume DW would lose to them is the same thing, btw

Comment

Originally posted by Articulateboxin View Post
                I actually really enjoy watching Wilder fight (ortiz 2 less so..I hope this low to 0 volume approach is only temporary) but these kinds of facts are indefensible. Nobody seems to talk about the fact he went for so long without fighting Klitschko, but the moment AJ did - Klitschko was worthless, ancient and over the hill. Of course he was only 1 year older than Ortiz, but again, that's not spoken about.

I really don't care who the better fighter is but i really can't abide blind bias. I really wish people could just look at the sport objectively, they will have a much more enjoyable experience
                I like to watch Wilder fight too. He's one of the few fighters I'll stay up to watch.

I mean, some people said Ortiz was a better win than Klitschko. Straight up lol. These people are just fanboys.

True boxing fans will hope Wilder fights the likes of Kownacki, Ruiz, Fury, AJ etc.

Let's hope he does because time is running out. he's 34 already and has yet to make a dent in the division really. His career highlight is knocking out Ortiz in the first fight.

Good moment, but nothing spectacular.

Comment

Ok, using your plethora of insight, which ''top 10'' guy do you see having a credible, long lasting (winning) future ?
                  Usyk, Ruiz, Kownacki, Whyte, Fury, Parker and AJ.

I'd like to see Wilder fight these guys. He's fighting Fury next, so that's great.

Let's hope he stays fighting solid opponents and won't go back to fighting the useless bums he's been fighting for 95% of his career.

Comment

Originally posted by .!WAR RUIZ!.. View Post
                    lol when I read that I was like wtf...... i didnt even bother to respond lmfao. MARTIN WAS THE IBF CHAMP!
                    You might not want to respond, but facts are facts.

https://www.tbrb.org/2016/03/15/8-march-2016/

Comment

Usyk, Ruiz, Kownacki, Whyte, Fury, Parker and AJ.

I'd like to see Wilder fight these guys. He's fighting Fury next, so that's great.

Let's hope he stays fighting solid opponents and won't go back to fighting the useless bums he's been fighting for 95% of his career.
                      Usyk - Could be our era Holy or RJJ. Time will tell
                      Ruiz - Meh. He's a victim of that silk moo moo life. The fire is out.
                      Kownacki - Beating The Nipple carries clout.
                      Whyte - Because............
                      Parker - (see Whyte)

DW, AJ and Fury don't count. C'mon

Face it, these are sad times in the HW div.

Comment

Working...
                      X