Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder should be suspended for his comments

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah Wilder is a moron, he should be suspended.

Comment

He should not be punished in any way. He can say what ever he wants to say. What he says may be in bad taste but he still has the right to say it. You can't make somebody be nice. Tyson also said he wanted to kill guys in the ring. As long as he stays within the rules he can hit guys as hard as possible and try to kill them. That is boxing. He just can't hit a guy after the bell or when that boxer is down.It's the ref's job to protect boxers from serious injury or death. It's the boxer's job to try to hurt the other boxer. It's a dangerous sport and everyone knows the risks.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        He should not be punished in any way. He can say what ever he wants to say. What he says may be in bad taste but he still has the right to say it. You can't make somebody be nice. Tyson also said he wanted to kill guys in the ring. As long as he stays within the rules he can hit guys as hard as possible and try to kill them. That is boxing. He just can't hit a guy after the bell or when that boxer is down.It's the ref's job to protect boxers from serious injury or death. It's the boxer's job to try to hurt the other boxer. It's a dangerous sport and everyone knows the risks.
        That's fair I guess, but I think it hurts the integrity of the sport

Comment

I could care less...just fight and we are fine...too much care on a sport where people hurt each other to win.

Comment

Nonsense. Things get said in the heat of the beat or in the heat of battle, that aren't literal. Boxing is dangerous, yeah sure, people die doing it. But people die playing football, rugby, F1 racing, driving a car, jogging! Let's just ban everything and make all these snowflakes happy. Yeah, let's ban life. Let everyone just sit around doing nothing ever and be safe.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
              I'm sorry that I don't enjoy someone getting killed man and someone talking about killing another man in a sport. Wow
              Maybe I'm missing something but did Wilder kill somebody? No

But here you are attributing his idiotic comment to a guy he has nothing to do with who happened to pass away full well knowing what could happen when competing in this sport. Yeah it may not be for you bro. Try curling, it maybe more to your liking, less smack talk

Comment

Suspending Deontay Wilder won't bring this young fighter's life back. It was just an awful tragedy that couldn't have been averted. Every boxer knows the risk they are taking when stepping inside that squared circle.

Comment

Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                  Suspending Deontay Wilder won't bring this young fighter's life back. It was just an awful tragedy that couldn't have been averted. Every boxer knows the risk they are taking when stepping inside that squared circle.
                  But it might save one of Wilders future opponents

Comment

I think you should focus your energy on how to avoid these tragedies happening in the ring. Rather than words to promote a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by DuckAdonis View Post
                      This whole situation with Maxim Dadashev has opened my eyes man...

We shouldn't allow someone to participate in this sport who has openly expressed that he wants to end someone's life in this ring! That's it. Things should be done about this

Friday night I watched a young warrior in Dadashev take too much punishment and it ended up costing his life. I followed the kid for a while now and it really hit me.

The danger is very real and realistic!
                      How do you feel about someone who has twice tested positive for PED's? Are your eyes open to that? or just big scary words that can kill?

Comment

Working...
                      X