Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Knocks Matthysse Out in Seventh For WBA Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Pacquiao Knocks Matthysse Out in Seventh For WBA Belt

As the title asks,

Are you guys excited for this fight? This is a question that applies to everybody, not just fans of either boxer.

Speaking as a Mayweather fan, I was hella excited for MayxMac, despite not liking the matchup that was clearly a cash grab.

This is a legit fight between an aging legend, and an aging Matthysse. The preface of splitting with Roach after an age, busting (in) Buboy's mouth and generally the circumstances that arose in the buildup of this shiet has added some extra spice.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't keen to see if there is a discernible difference in Pac's performance, and whether that is due to age, or because Buboy was in charge of his training this time around.

I've never been all that excited by Lucas, but he tattooed go faster stripes on his arms to help him connect with Pac's face.

Anyway, how many of you are keen for this fight, and how many will be tuning in because it'll be on?
    Yeah, mad excited!
    37.71%
    Moderately keen.
    27.43%
    Meh. Not really. Will still watch.
    19.43%
    No. Might watch.
    5.14%
    Nah. Won't watch.
    7.43%
    Vivien Obenauf
    2.86%

Not I. It's a pedestrian type of fight, with ZERO importance, but I'll watch it, if I'm not doing anything worthwhile.

Comment

Originally posted by P.K Dionysus View Post
      As the title asks,

Are you guys excited for this fight? This is a question that applies to everybody, not just fans of either boxer.

Speaking as a Mayweather fan, I was hella excited for MayxMac, despite not liking the matchup that was clearly a cash grab.

This is a legit fight between an aging legend, and an aging Matthysse. The preface of splitting with Roach after an age, busting (in) Buboy's mouth and generally the circumstances that arose in the buildup of this shiet has added some extra spice.

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't keen to see if there is a discernible difference in Pac's performance, and whether that is due to age, or because Buboy was in charge of his training this time around.

I've never been all that excited by Lucas, but he tattooed go faster stripes on his arms to help him connect with Pac's face.

Anyway, how many of you are keen for this fight, and how many will be tuning in because it'll be on?
      Pumped! Will be all action

Comment

Yeah I'm excited. Not like it's a huge fight but every Manny fight is something special. The last run of a ATG so I'll be watching for sure.

Comment

Yeah, only because Manny is one of my top three favorites of all-time, along with Hagler and Duran.

I'd be more excited if this was his last fight.

I bought into the Matthysse hype after he ko'd Peterson, who's a very good boxer. But besides that, he never really impressed me too much and he let the fans down getting schooled by a guy everyone thought was afraid of him in Danny Garcia.

I'm just excited to see Manny fight a decent enough opponent at this stage of his career. Matthysse is a good enough opponent to test where Manny is right now and he's still dangerous enough to make things interesting.

Comment

No. Manny is 40 yrs old and matthysse looked like ***** vs that thailand guy. The fight to be excited about thats on the horizon is Usyk vs Gassiev, THATS THE FIGHT to circle on your calendar.

Comment

I'm super excited because it will be an action pack fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Willy Wanker View Post
                Yeah, only because Manny is one of my top three favorites of all-time, along with Hagler and Duran.

I'd be more excited if this was his last fight.

I bought into the Matthysse hype after he ko'd Peterson, who's a very good boxer. But besides that, he never really impressed me too much and he let the fans down getting schooled by a guy everyone thought was afraid of him in Danny Garcia.

I'm just excited to see Manny fight a decent enough opponent at this stage of his career. Matthysse is a good enough opponent to test where Manny is right now and he's still dangerous enough to make things interesting.
                I totally f^ck with the bold, because is what would make me watch Mayweather fight again. When its a dude who is one of your all time favourites, you're gonna watch.

I'm tuning in, tonight.

Comment

My ideal scenario is Matthysse wins so that Pacquiao hangs it up, before he he has to get knocked out the ring like Hopkins. My pick though is Manny mid to late round KO.

Comment

Not really but its Pac and I'll watch. Having said that, I think he should have retired but Matt is not a threat. I just don't want him going in against Crawford or someone and losing to a guy he'd beat in his prime.

Comment

Working...
                    X