This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Mr Ehrmantraut View Post
    This isn't baseball. Other than goals and assists stats are completely irrelevant unless you can dig me out stats for passing forward and further than five yards?
    http://www.squawka.com/players/tiemo...s#1-30#average

I know I post some schit on here sometimes but I'm not trying to validate Bakayoko through his stats.

I'm just saying he's the same player now as he was with Monaco.

Which leads me to believe, he was either always schit (even at Monaco but overlooked because of their success and playing with Bernardo etc.) or his abilities simply don't make a difference to Chelsea's game.

The latter meaning, he's possibly not schit, just at the wrong club.

Comment

• Bakayoko started the season well his confidence was shot when Deschamps didn't call him even with Pogba, Matuidi and Kante were all not available for selection, I think that's when he realized he has zero chance of going to the world cup

Never been the same since.

Comment

This isn't baseball. Other than goals and assists stats are completely irrelevant unless you can dig me out stats for passing forward and further than five yards?
        I like number of intense sprints too. Shows you which players are glass-hearted ***lets.

That expected goals stat means nothing to me. There was literally nothing that was a certain goal for Torres at Chelsea.

Bodies is right about assists too. A proper assist where it is on a plate is treated the same as someone rolling it square to someone and them smashing it in from 30 yards

Comment

• Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          Bakayoko started the season well his confidence was shot when Deschamps didn't call him even with Pogba, Matuidi and Kante were all not available for selection, I think that's when he realized he has zero chance of going to the world cup

Never been the same since.
          His best game was when he was unfit against Spurs - his first game.

Right now his career at this level is in the balance. If Chelsea had a time machine now they wouldn't have touched the lad with a 400 foot barge pole.

Also it's happend at Chelsea before where players kind of get bullied. Lukaku was bullied at Chelsea apparently because of his touch and whatnot. Mourinho didn't help but he never really recovered.

Chelsea don't really have those kinds of players anymore but I doubt they trust Bakayoko.

I won't criticise him anymore because it's obvious to me that he is having a real crisis of confidence. A good manager will take him out of the first team squad and just tell him to keep fit over the summer break because he has to hit the ground running next season.

Give him til Christmas and then really he has to be written off

If Conte plays him anymore I can only think he's being vindictive.
          Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-21-2018, 03:32 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
            I like number of intense sprints too. Shows you which players are glass-hearted ***lets.

That expected goals stat means nothing to me. There was literally nothing that was a certain goal for Torres at Chelsea.

Bodies is right about assists too. A proper assist where it is on a plate is treated the same as someone rolling it square to someone and them smashing it in from 30 yards
            I like the xG stat tbh. Much more useful than shots/shots on target.

Would've still been suitable for Torres at Chelsea because it would've caused his xG to plummet.

If you see a game where the stat is for example 'Manchester City 4.8 - 0.4 Leicester you know that City have absolutely battered Leicester that game and should've won, irrespective of scoreline. The shots/shots on goal stats can be hugely misleading if a team is taking pot shots from from 40 yards which does nothing for xG.

Comment

• Originally posted by El Fenomeno View Post
              I like the xG stat tbh. Much more useful than shots/shots on target.

Would've still been suitable for Torres at Chelsea because it would've caused his xG to plummet.

If you see a game where the stat is for example 'Manchester City 4.8 - 0.4 Leicester you know that City have absolutely battered Leicester that game and should've won, irrespective of scoreline. The shots/shots on goal stats can be hugely misleading if a team is taking pot shots from from 40 yards which does nothing for xG.
              I didn't think it was tailored for each player though. More like X amount of shots have been taken from here and gone in.

I just don't think you can say for that's a sure goal. Sterling has missed some stinkers in his career but when you watch some of them back they were fizzed in and bobbled up.

I would love some sort of VR thing in the future that that would set up identical in game scenarios to see if gamers would do better. People ending up scissor kicking a vase in their living room.

Torres made the game look like rocket science but I do think sometimes putting the thing in the net is harder than it looks on tele or at the ground. Especially on tele. Morata has missed so many 1-on-1's but sometimes the angle was quite tight. He'd have to be an exceptional finisher to score which he isn't. If you put him plum centre running in on goal he'll probably score. If he is running in from the right with his right foot without the natural angle I know for a fact he's not going to score because he doesn't have the talent. He should just lace it though
              Last edited by Sparked_26; 03-22-2018, 04:31 AM.

Comment

• See what you've caused Flicker?.

Comment

See what you've caused Flicker?.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
                    I didn't think it was tailored for each player though. More like X amount of shots have been taken from here and gone in.

I just don't think you can say for that's a sure goal. Sterling has missed some stinkers in his career but when you watch some of them back they were fizzed in and bobbled up.
                    As a generally accurate measure it's been a good introduction to the stat sheet though, it's more useful than 95% of them.

Bet Torres would've had an xG of 3-4 in lots of games with Chelsea where he'd only score once (if that). You could look at that stat and immediately know that unless he was incredibly unfortunate he's had a shocking day in front of goal.

Can't do that with any other attacking stat. Feel like too many 'yer da' pundits are quick to write it off because they haven't taken the time to understand it imo.

Comment

• Only Argentina has the luxury of not needing to take Icardi or dybala to the world cup. Wonder how much Messi influences Sampaolis decision.

Comment

Working...
                      X