Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is the king of metal in this decade?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't listen to metal... But I do listed to Down With the Sickness by Disturbed right before I go in the ring, gets me pumped.

Comment

Ive never been a huge metal head. My brother is a massive black metal fan and always has something new to listen to.

The only heavy stuff i listen to often is the Melvins, Eyehategod, Superjoint Ritual and Pantera. Thats all i used to listen to back in early 2000. Now its all other types of stuff. But all old.

Comment

Originally posted by ~AK49~ View Post
        Been meaning to check out avenged sevenfold for years now, but still haven't gotten to it lol. While they can do a respectable cover of pantera, they manage to still seem emo at the same time.

I saw em the first time they played in San Diego at soma. I was heading to work when the homies called me up and told me they had scored tickets. I had no clue who Avenged was/where but fck me that was one of the better small concert that I have attended. They played waking the fallen album mostly and they sounded legit. I kinda digged waking the fallen album but since then they went full emo phaggots. At first I didn't blame em because the lead singer couldn't scream anymore, but they went full **** and can't stand their new ****

Comment

I am not really much into the metal bands from this decade, but from what I have seen the "biggest" band as far as album/ticket sales is unfortunately Avenged Sevenfold, and they came out in the early 2000's. I remember seeing them in 2004 at a festival and they played one of the smaller stages, and now they changed their sound to radio friendly metal and headlined the Mayhem festival last year which is held in outdoor amphitheaters that hold 20,000-25,000 people. I think the most current metal bands that are the biggest draws are still bands from the 2000's like Lamb of God, Mastodon, Killswitch Engage.

As far as mainstream popularity, it looks like there will never be another band as big as Metallica. Here's a good article on that subject

http://www.metalsucks.net/2014/03/20...big-metallica/

Comment

Metal is underground again, and I have no problem with that.

I'll be picking up some heavy metal at record store day tomorrow, actually. Go buy some albums, you cheap ****s

Comment

Working...
            X