Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who is your greatest. From Welterweight to Heavyweight. All Time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who is your greatest. From Welterweight to Heavyweight. All Time.

Heavyweight: Ali
    LHW: Charles
    MW: Hagler
    WW: Robinson

In my opinion;

WW- Robinson

MW - Monzon

LHW - Charles

HW - Louis

Comment

HW- ALI
      LHW-Charles/Spinks/Moore
      MW- Hagler
      WW- Ray Rob/SRL
      LW- Duran/Pernell
      Last edited by Scarcaztic; 03-17-2013, 04:09 PM.

Comment

WW= Sugar Ray
        MW=Sugar Ray (if not for heat exhaustion was winning the LtHvy title too)
        LtHvy=Charles & Tunney
        HvyWt= Joe Louis

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
          WW= Sugar Ray
          MW=Sugar Ray (if not for heat exhaustion was winning the LtHvy title too)
          LtHvy=Charles & Tunney
          HvyWt= Joe Louis
          Hey man, Maxim fought in the heat too, right? Or did his corner have air conditioning?

Comment

I agree with your picks at heavyweight, middleweight and welterweight. At heavyweight I am talking about the young Ali before he was forced into almost 4 years of not fighting in the middle of his prime, not the older Ali that fought Joe Frazier. At light heavyweight just to stir things up I pick Rocky Marciano. I know he always fought in the heavyweight devision but he could easily have fought at 175. Charles never won a title at 175. He was only champion at heavyweight. He did very well at light heavyweight but he also lost at that weight and was KOed at that weight. Marciano was only 2 pounds heavier than Charles in their first fight. Rocky weighed 187 and Charles weighed 185. Rocky won by ud. In the rematch Rocky weighed 187 and Charles was heavier at 192. Rocky won that one by KO in the 8th round. Rocky usually weighed in the low 180s. He weighed in wearing street clothes and eating lunch since their is no weigh limit on heavyweights. All he needed to do to make 175 was to skip lunch and strip down for the weigh in. He was in the 170s for some of his fights. Archie Moore also outweighed Rocky when they fought. So Rocky is my pick at 175. He could have fought there and I can't think of a light heavyweight he could not beat.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
              In my opinion;

WW- Robinson

MW - Monzon

LHW - Charles

HW - Louis
              Robinson-Monzon-Charles/Langford(cant pick against langford)-Ali

Comment

im surprised so many ppl pick hagler over monzon. ppl that have an argument over monzon imo is greb and leonard. i cant see hagler over him

Comment

Working...
                X