Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arum: Cotto, Mosley and Pacquiao All Would Beat Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

mosley has the best chance of beating floyd. but i think floyd out boxes cotto and pac

Comment

Originally posted by chicano79us View Post
      I think Cotto is the only one in my opinion that could probably beat Mayweather. Or at least have the highest chance to.
      cotto gets out boxed eaisly

Comment

Originally posted by Beater_of_ass View Post
        I think Manny has the best shot for the simple fact that no matter how good the shoulder roll works with orthodox, he is WIDE OPEN to a straight left. I think Cotto would be next because with the shoulder roll, Floyd is also open to a left hook to the body. He lifts his elbow if you get him with a left hook and for some reason NO ONE ever doubles up the left... I take it back they all go to his head for some reason and Floyd is totally open to a left hook to the body, got no clue why no one else uses it. Also, Floyd is fast but not superhuman fast and he's had problems with jabs, which is why I put Cotto behind Paq.

IDK why people think Mosley stands a better chance of Cotto/Paq... he doesn't do anything Floyd hasn't seen before and that he can't handle. Mosley's right is his best weapon and its apparent that Floyd can handle rights. Mosley can still beat him but I'd put my money on Paq/Cotto before Mosley.
        u make it sound so easy

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
          cotto gets out boxed eaisly
          No way man. That's Mosley. I think he outboxes him like Forrest.

Comment

Originally posted by Shadow boxer 3 View Post
            u make it sound so easy
            No, you just took it that way. Floyd has the best defense in boxing, but no matter how you construe your arms you can't cover your whole body. I'm also basing off what I see from these fighter, Cotto doubles up his hooks, I can't think of a fighter who has done so against Floyd. Cotto also has more power in his left than anyone Floyd has faced, and Cotto goes to the body better than anyone Floyd has faced. I never said it would be easy but its the way to beat Floyd, at least for Cotto.

Floyd has also only fought one southpaw that I have seen (Judah) and in the first half of the fight I saw that straight left land FLUSH. Now put in a faster fighter in Pacman, with FAR more movement, FAR more stamina and just overall a far better fighter... Its quite simple as to why Floyd has never faced these three guys, they pose the biggest threat to Floyd. Also, has it ever occured to you that the reason Floyd may look so good is because he's been in there with sub-par opposition for so long? I mean really, he's only been in two fights where he's had "problems." DLH and Castillo, that's it and in both fights he didn't look nearly as good as he claimed to be, ESPECIALLY in the Castillo fight and since then he's never been in a fight with any real "risk" of him losing.

Sure, Oscar was a threat but the guy never won one of his superfights. Lost to Mosley twice, Tito and Hopkins... granted, the second Mosley fight was close and he lost the Tito fight more than Trinidad winning it but it still stands. He always found a way to lose his big fights vs win them, and once he stopped the jab and started chasing Mayweather he did it again. Fact is, Mayweathers record is more hoopla than substance, I mean the guy hasn't even fought 1 top 10 guy in his division until then Cotto/Paq/Mosley all have a great shot at beating that ass.

Comment

maybe true ...

Comment

Working...
              X