USADA is it helping or hurt UFC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• USADA is it helping or hurt UFC

So, whatta think?

For sure helping. Getting rid of PED'd up guys or forcing PED'd up guys to be clean has become an example to all other sports on how they should operate in this PED era of athletics.

Comment

I think they're a bit harsh. IMO THC wouldnt be labeled a PED. other than that yeah, get rid of the cheats

Comment

Originally posted by zpzp420 View Post
        I think they're a bit harsh. IMO THC wouldnt be labeled a PED. other than that yeah, get rid of the cheats
        Oh yea I DEFINITELY got problems with the banned substances list. OTC allergy medicine I sometimes take is supposedly a PED/banned substance. THC is silly. There are a bunch of things on the banned substance list that should be considered less serious offenses or taken off the list completely.

Overall PED testing is good if you wanna have the cleanest sport possible doe & towards that end some sh^t isn't gonna work ideally cuz nothing ever works perfectly or doesn't have some holes in it or be improved upon in the future.

Comment

It hasn't been perfect (especially with the Brock situation) but overall a lot more good than bad and gotta believe a lot of guys who were able to cheat before wouldn't get away with it now.

Comment

Originally posted by Clegg View Post
            It hasn't been perfect (especially with the Brock situation) but overall a lot more good than bad and gotta believe a lot of guys who were able to cheat before wouldn't get away with it now.
            I still don't buy it, a lot of guys haven't changed physically or ability wise since this testing started(best example is juiced up Romero, Woodley, Ngannou who are passing their tests). All Usada seems to do is punish the guys who aren't cycling properly and/or can't use the newer more expensive drugs that cannot be detected yet in blood tests. Guarentee 99% are still using.

I think USADA is a farce and only in it for money, and has only hurt the sport in terms of cockblocking many fights that fans wanted to see. F them.

Hopefully once WME starts having serious financial problems with the debts they will get desperate and kick these parasites out.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
              I still don't buy it, a lot of guys haven't changed physically or ability wise since this testing started(best example is juiced up Romero, Woodley, Ngannou who are passing their tests). All Usada seems to do is punish the guys who aren't cycling properly and/or can't use the newer more expensive drugs that cannot be detected yet in blood tests. Guarentee 99% are still using.
              Can you cycle properly when there is 24/7/365 testing? All I'd assume you can do these days is microdose & hope no one knocks on your door too early in the morning & I'm not even entirely confident with that.

And surely a rule in anything is gonna equal some guys finding out ways around that rule. That's human nature, but I think its beyond silly to suggest 99% are still using.

I think USADA is a farce and only in it for money, and has only hurt the sport in terms of cockblocking many fights that fans wanted to see. F them.
              Nearly everyone is into nearly everything for the money. That's kinda how the whole world we live in works, but I don't see how catching people on PEDs is c#ckblocking fights when people are on PEDs & know the rules. Are they shorting the UFC somehow like a stock? Whats the upside in suspending draws? Shouldn't they be letting Silva & Jones slide on dick pills since they draw + it is just a dick pill ffs?

Hopefully once WME starts having serious financial problems with the debts they will get desperate and kick these parasites out.
              Idk that you can dial things back to no PED testing once you have it so I don't see that happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                Can you cycle properly when there is 24/7/365 testing? All I'd assume you can do these days is microdose & hope no one knocks on your door too early in the morning & I'm not even entirely confident with that.And surely a rule in anything is gonna equal some guys finding out ways around that rule. That's human nature, but I think its beyond silly to suggest 99% are still using.
                Drug dealers are everywhere, there is a huge supply and demand on the 'underground' of combat sports for newer drugs that can't be detected yet.

All it changed is that more guys are being popped even the big names, but it's not going to stop them from using. People are still failing drug tests, remember? Some are almost messing up too, like Cormier and Weidman who have had very strange T ratios(very obvious from PED masking agents etc.). Funny though, both guys are deemed "natty" good guys who hate "cheaters". I gotta laugh at that.

If the "24/7 testing all year round" was really gonna get rid of PED's it would have happened already. Those 3 names I mentioned are obviously able to bypass them even with their erect traps and capped delts. Lmao.

Guys are using lower dosages than before, and they are harming their long term health more by shooting up sketchy juice from sketchy dealers, but to think that all of a sudden we have many 'clean fighters' is fucking naive. I can tell you right now that your favorite guy that you think is clean is using. The training and damage that they have to deal with along with the weight cutting to step into the octagon on fight night in world class form, is simply impossible naturally. Especially this level.

Nearly everyone is into nearly everything for the money. That's kinda how the whole world we live in works, but I don't see how catching people on PEDs is c#ckblocking fights when people are on PEDs & know the rules. Are they shorting the UFC somehow like a stock? Whats the upside in suspending draws? Shouldn't they be letting Silva & Jones slide on dick pills since they draw + it is just a dick pill ffs?
                They're more into it for the money than some moral BS about wanting to "clean up sports". USADA is not some moral compass for MMA. It's a cancer, it has ruined so many epic fights & fighters that fans have missed out on.

Idk that you can dial things back to no PED testing once you have it so I don't see that happening.
                If they get rid of the parasites they just go back to the regular testing that they had for many years. Easy testing dates so that these guys can properly cycle and put on the most entertaining fights for us. **** USADA.

Ultimately that's what we want, great fights and fighters. Who gives a shit if they want to get a drug induced boost that will only enhance the experience for everyone?
                Last edited by BKM-; 04-22-2017, 10:45 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by BKM- View Post
                  Drug dealers are everywhere, there is a huge supply and demand on the 'underground' of combat sports for newer drugs that can't be detected yet.
                  I wasn't speaking on the newer drugs so much as you saying guys cycling the stuff people are more likely to be using. I don't believe cycling is a thing one can do in the same manner as they previously did & as I thought you were suggesting.

People are still failing drug tests, remember? If the "24/7 testing all year round" was really gonna get rid of PED's it would have happened already.
                  I don't think there was ever an expectation of ending PED usage let alone ending it within 2 years. Like I said with rules its human nature for some % of guys to look for ways around said rule. There won't be a period in competitive sports, MMA or any other sport, where guys are looking to bend or break rules.

but to think that all of a sudden we have many 'clean fighters' is fucking naive. I can tell you right now that your favorite guy that you think is clean is using.
                  Honestly I think your opinion is just on the opposite extreme end of the naïve guy who thinks the USADA will end PED usage. Neither opinion is the reality. I argue this all the time on NSB. So many cats are always like Jesus is coming or the world is going to hell in a handbasket about everything. The reality lives in the middle of those two nutty ass stances.

They're more into it for the money than some moral BS about wanting to "clean up sports". USADA is not some moral compass for MMA.
                  But who is? The guy making cancer drugs doesn't reallllllly give a f#ck if you die of cancer, or certainly most of them don't give a f#ck I'd imagine. He's just trying to pay his mortgage & send his kids to college.

I don't think it matters if the USADA were some altruistic entity or just out for the almighty dollar. They do a job. They were hired by the UFC to do that job. And they are doing it. Its that simple. It doesn't have to be some dramatic thing.

If they get rid of the parasites they just go back to the regular testing that they had for many years. Easy testing dates so that these guys can properly cycle and put on the most entertaining fights for us. **** USADA.

Ultimately that's what we want, great fights and fighters. Who gives a shit if they want to get a drug induced boost that will only enhance the experience for everyone?
                  Well you'll get no argument from me on this stuff. I'm ultimately pro-PEDs & think if you are willing to take the risk of being caught today & don't get caught fair play to you, but the rules & the rules as we speak.

So if you know the rules & then get suspended for 2 years you went in knowing that could happen & decided that it was worth the risk. Its not right or wrong necessarily to me for any side of the equation. Its the UFC doing what they feel is right for them. The USADA doing what they feel is right for them. And the fighter doing what they feel is right for them. The cards end up laying where they fall from there.

Comment

Originally posted by Eff Pandas View Post
                    I wasn't speaking on the newer drugs so much as you saying guys cycling the stuff people are more likely to be using. I don't believe cycling is a thing one can do in the same manner as they previously did & as I thought you were suggesting.
                    Guys are more likely to get popped for masking agents which have prohibited substances in them. Depending on the type, they stay in your system a much shorter time but you still gotta cycle them.

Unless you have the funds to only get olympic level stuff that cannot be detected. Somebody like Woodley can easily afford it even with the crazy high dosages he takes. That guy is a walking drug with a clean sheet.

I don't think there was ever an expectation of ending PED usage let alone ending it within 2 years. Like I said with rules its human nature for some % of guys to look for ways around said rule. There won't be a period in competitive sports, MMA or any other sport, where guys are looking to bend or break rules.
                    Then what is the point? If it's only making a small difference and most guys are still using, then it's useless BS. It does not make up for the damage to the sport in terms of big fights being cancelled and big fighters getting suspended for ******ed amounts of timeframes.

Honestly I think your opinion is just on the opposite extreme end of the naïve guy who thinks the USADA will end PED usage. Neither opinion is the reality. I argue this all the time on NSB. So many cats are always like Jesus is coming or the world is going to hell in a handbasket about everything. The reality lives in the middle of those two nutty ass stances.
                    Who do you think is natural and why? This oughta be good.

Just one reminder: the eye test doesn't work. Barnett, Rothwell, Anderson etc.

But who is? The guy making cancer drugs doesn't reallllllly give a f#ck if you die of cancer, or certainly most of them don't give a f#ck I'd imagine. He's just trying to pay his mortgage & send his kids to college.

I don't think it matters if the USADA were some altruistic entity or just out for the almighty dollar. They do a job. They were hired by the UFC to do that job. And they are doing it. Its that simple. It doesn't have to be some dramatic thing.
                    It's also the corruption. The recent Brock Lesnar situation made them lose credibility. They also have very idiotic rules and ways to go about it. It's a very flawed organization. It doesn't deserve a dime for what it claims to do(getting rid of PED's in sports).

So if you know the rules & then get suspended for 2 years you went in knowing that could happen & decided that it was worth the risk. Its not right or wrong necessarily to me for any side of the equation. Its the UFC doing what they feel is right for them. The USADA doing what they feel is right for them. And the fighter doing what they feel is right for them. The cards end up laying where they fall from there
                    And the only ones who are getting hurt? The ones who matter the most: the fighters and the fans. Not these rich suits who are simply wanting to make a money off of the blood of the underlings.

Fighters are being screwed out of fights and us the fans are losing out on a fight that we wanted to see badly, and now we have to spend our hard earned money on watered down garbage fight cards with last minute adjustments. Because cocksucking USADA parasites had to get in and wreck it. Meanwhile? Everybody is still shooting up. LoL.

Like I said WME is gonna be in a lot of trouble soon and I bet they're gonna kick these creeps out when they realise how much money USADA is costing them and they'll go back to the old superior ways.

Comment

Working...
                    X