Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Loeffler: GGG willing to Give Canelo "A" SIDE to Make Fight!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deathofaclown View Post
    I was talking about when they both held 160 belts, i didn't agree then that Canelo should have been pushing for a lower weight.

Different negotiations now, but then Canelo has now agreed to fight Chavez at 164, so he should have no issue with 160, despite apparently needing to grow into the weight.
    Canelo fought Miguel Cotto, who happened o hold a middleweight belt, at a weight significantly below the 160lb limit, with no intention, at the time, of fighting anyone beyond 155lbs. Cotto could've (and arguably should've) vacated the WBC belt and it would've have no impact on the marketability of the fight.

I do agree that, now we have different negotiations. Alvarez has made it clear that he can still make 154lbs and is willing to negotiate weights to make the fights that he wants, but he's also made it clear that business comes first.

With Alvarez literally having no interest in any of Golovkin's trinkets (and Golovkin being on public record with his open willingness to go down to 154lbs for a really big fight), what are Golovkin and his camp willing to give up to make the fight at 160lbs?

Need to sit and see the numbers that each guy brings (so this is likely a generous offer to Golovkin, tbh), but 80/20 Alvarez at Alvarez's prefered weight would seem to be a fair enough deal; for argument's sake, let's say that 157lbs would be the weight where Alvarez would just be peachy and comfortable for the fight.

To get that extra 3lbs for Golovkin, how much is K2 willing to give back to Alvarez? ChavezJr is likely going to be getting $6m-$8m as his package, but were he to **** up and come in at 168lbs, he'd be out something like $4m on his take.

The notion that Alvarez, a fighter who is literally 6 months removed from making 154lbs, is simply supposed to just give Golovkin 6lbs for nothing is silly.

Comment

Originally posted by SplitSecond View Post
      If you dont want the fight to happen, just say you dont want the fight to happen.
      The fight can or can't happen; no hair off of my chest, tbh. I'm simply pointing out that Alvarez is the fighter that calls the shot, Alvarez has made Golovkin an offer that's for more money than Golovkin will likely ever see in his life in a fight, and it's on Golovkin/K2 to sign or not sign.

If K2 doesn't like the offer, they can walk, Alvarez will go his own way, and he'll dial up the next fighter on his list for the opportunity.

Alvarez doesn't need to fight Golovkin

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
        if dj beats him, that 15 mil might be gone.
        If ChavezJr makes for a competitive fight, and Alvarez-ChavezJr (after selling out T-Mobile Arena two months in advance of their fight) ends up doing better PPV business than Cotto-Alvarez, that $15 million would be gone, without any question.

On the biggest fight day in Mexico, you'd see 100k people, pack into AT&T Stadium, coming from both sides of the border, to watch a heckuva fight.

Comment

Do people realize this acknowledgement proves who's been stalling the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
            If ChavezJr makes for a competitive fight, and Alvarez-ChavezJr (after selling out T-Mobile Arena two months in advance of their fight) ends up doing better PPV business than Cotto-Alvarez, that $15 million would be gone, without any question.

On the biggest fight day in Mexico, you'd see 100k people, pack into AT&T Stadium, coming from both sides of the border, to watch a heckuva fight.
            i dont see how it can be competitive. sure, jt can take a shot and give one. but when i watch him fight, i dont see any thinking going on. plant feet, throw punch. that may work vs a certain level of opponent but not at this level.

seriously, if he had a diff last name, i wonder what his career would look like.

Comment

Originally posted by SemiGreat View Post
              i dont see how it can be competitive. sure, jt can take a shot and give one. but when i watch him fight, i dont see any thinking going on. plant feet, throw punch. that may work vs a certain level of opponent but not at this level.

seriously, if he had a diff last name, i wonder what his career would look like.
              Were it not for his last name, Chavez Jr would've walked away from the sport years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
                ggg still claims the fight needs to be 50-50, lol...
                Sounds like Winky Wright pricing himself out of a DLH fight.

Comment

PSSS just words then he gonna say he wont sign the contract cause X Y Z, ggg been scared and it just been working out in his favor before and he was able to play it off now that its real and can happen his bitchness is really showing.

Comment

Working...
                  X