Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

fightnight champion 2, why don't they look at a real boxing forum like this for ideas

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
    I hope EA doesn't do it, they are horrible. Maybe 2K should give it a whirl, but then I look at their basketball game and that sucks too
    I hope 2k makes a game too!

Comment

A feature I would love to see added is differentiating between "foot speed," and "hand speed."

You have some fighters with extremely fast feet, but not very fast hands, and vice versa.

Also, some fighters are very one-handed heavy - they have a lot of power in one certain punch, or with one hand, but not the other. (perfect example would be Cotto's left hook - extremely powerful; but his straight right is more of a punch to set up the left hook than to actually do real damage with).

And for FOOK SAKE - the clinching feature HAS to change! In real boxing, clinching, while often seen as a cheap tactic (cough Ward, cough), is an integral part of some boxers' style, and just in general, plays a huge part of boxing. The clinching feature for as long as I can remember is so weak, it really plays no part because it's so easy to just punch an opponent while they try to clinch.

Also, there should be a strength rating that doesn't effect punching power (as previously mentioned, punching power should be split ups between right and left hand, and even broken down punch by punch..).. But you have some fighters who are extremely physically strong, like Andre Ward, and this shows in their ability to clinch a boxer, and bully them around on the inside, yet they are feather-fisted. Tim Bradley also comes to mind.

Comment

THQ should make the next boxing game - they've shown time again, as far back as the 64 bit consoles, their ability to produce detail-heavy fighting games (WCW vs. NWO Revenge is the best wrestling game of all time for the 64).

Then they mad the first UFC game on last gen consoles - for venturing into new territory, they were very successful.

I think they could successfully implement the nuances of boxing into a great gameplay experience.

Comment

Originally posted by adrikitty View Post
          THQ should make the next boxing game - they've shown time again, as far back as the 64 bit consoles, their ability to produce detail-heavy fighting games (WCW vs. NWO Revenge is the best wrestling game of all time for the 64).

Then they mad the first UFC game on last gen consoles - for venturing into new territory, they were very successful.

I think they could successfully implement the nuances of boxing into a great gameplay experience.
          THQ no longer exist.

Check your personal messages.

Comment

Working...
          X