Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Honest Question. Would Floyd sell out The Forum against a Wade-esque opponent?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
    At GGG priced tickets?

He would sell it out 10 times over against you
    The MGM only holds around 14,000 maximum for boxing events and he couldn't even do that.

The venues in L.A. hold much more. I mean, sure there are a lot of self-hating liberals who reside here but aside from them and the TMT swag crew, I don't see people having much interesting in him. The Mexicans would rather head to Dodgers Stadium to catch a ball game.

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore_ View Post
      The MGM only holds around 14,000 maximum for boxing events and he couldn't even do that.

The venues in L.A. hold much more. I mean, sure there are a lot of self-hating liberals who reside here but aside from them and the TMT swag crew, I don't see people having much interesting in him. The Mexicans would rather head to Dodgers Stadium to catch a ball game.
      Couldn't "even" do that?

Mate, let's see GGG go to the MGM and try to get $10million out of the gate alone.

If Mayweather took GGG's pricing, he would 1000000% sell out any arena.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
        Couldn't "even" do that?

Mate, let's see GGG go to the MGM and try to get $10million out of the gate alone.

If Mayweather took GGG's pricing, he would 1000000% sell out any arena.
        Ummm, he could easily do so against Cotto or Canelo, or even Pacquiao for that matter but neither are man enough to fight him.

Comment

Floyd needs a popular opponent at the right time to sell. He could never sell on his own that's y he was such a great business minded fighter. U can ask yourself then was he really the ppv draw that everybody thought he was? U been hoodwinked, bamboozled lol

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore_ View Post
            Ummm, he could easily do so against Cotto or Canelo, or even Pacquiao for that matter but neither are man enough to fight him.
            That still wouldn't prove your point

Berto was a 50-1 underdog (a fight no one cared about) and the live gate was still 10 million, The live gate of May Pac was upwards of 70 million.

GGG can't do that against a no-hoper and probably never will. If he ever does then 10 million against a no hoper then let me know. The reality is GGG is not in Floyds bracket of stardom, he's doing well for a foreigner with very little English but in terms of ticket selling and live gate numbers he doesn't have a seat at the same table as Floyd. Won't stop you from arguing though lol.

Originally posted by Fidel456 View Post
            Floyd needs a popular opponent at the right time to sell. He could never sell on his own that's y he was such a great business minded fighter. U can ask yourself then was he really the ppv draw that everybody thought he was? U been hoodwinked, bamboozled lol
            By your logic no one (except maybe Tyson) could sell on their own or do you have an explanation as to why every Floyd PPV opponent has their highest PPV numbers against him?

Comment

Working...
            X