Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Thompson: I Took Care of Price, I Want Sissy Fury Next!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ravens Fan View Post
    The guy has 5 knockouts in 18 fights and less than a 28% KO ratio and he knocked down Fury. With that said, you may want to look for a better example.
    Doesn't matter. It was a helluva punch. Flush on the chin.

Fury has a fighting will that Price doesn't have.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post

He can have all the will in the world and than some. But that does not change the fact that Fury still hasn't been tested by anyone with elite skill or any real power. And I am not making the stuff up because I don't have to. And why? Because his opponents simply speak for themselves.

Comment

He can have all the will in the world and than some. But that does not change the fact that Fury still hasn't been tested by anyone with elite skill or any real power. And I am not making the stuff up because I don't have to. And why? Because his opponents simply speak for themselves.
        You are making stuff up.

Comment

Originally posted by Fury View Post
          You are making stuff up.
          If I am wrong why don't you prove me wrong instead giving short meaningless answers.

Comment

Hilarious. A guy that Wlad Ko'd twice just keeps coming back. You'd think Price and Fury, two 6'7 guys would last but former Wlad victims are taking care of them.

How good does a win over Thompson look now for Wlad? Or do we just go straight for ****ting on the 6'7 brit.

Comment

Originally posted by The Nephilim View Post

Actually it does matter.... Fury may have the goods but he is another hype job until proven otherwise...He has a solid against an out of shape Chisora, a few cab drivers and remains untested.

Comment

i said before the fight several times i thought fury was world level & price was still domestic level. we all have seen fury get dropped & get up, fight 12 rounds & he beat 2 fringe contenders. i also said price had so many questions to answer like can he go 12 rounds? how does he handle adversity? if he gets dropped can he get up? well the chin question just got answered & thompson never even made full contact. he grazed him on the temple & price was done. he can still be a factor but lets see how he responds. price\fury ain't happening now but i bet audley harrison will want his rematch after winning prizefighter & this could be a fight price might consider to get back in the right direction. seth mitchell & now david price, both big sluggers but neither has the best chin. too bad emanuel steward is gone because he could have tried to mold price into a tall fighter like he did with lewis & wladimir. you can bet gguys are going to be lining up for a fight with price now. fury 2-0 in his step up fights, price 0-1 in his...i'm not going to trash price & write him off. all i wanted to see was if thompson caught him how price would respond. we now know that he is vulnerable. this actually makes a fury\price fight that much more interesting because both don't have sturdy chins...price is 29 & has time on his hand but i'd get him back in the ring asap with a decent journeyman like nicolai firtha. don't give him time to dwell on this loss. i still think price can be a factor...

Comment

The guy has 5 knockouts in 18 fights and less than a 28% KO ratio and he knocked down Fury. With that said, you may want to look for a better example.
                  pajkic is a tough cookie & may not have lots of knockouts but he is 235lbs & caught fury with a good punch. anyone can get dropped in the HW division. the only HWs i can think of during my 24 years of watching boxing who have never been dropped in their entire careers is oliver mccall, vitali klitschko & dominick guinn. i'm not going to count fighting tomato cans or the older eras that i'm not as familiar with. i'm sure there are more but mccall, wlad & guinn are the only 3 i can think at the moment. these 3 have been in with world class fighters.

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                    pajkic is a tough cookie & may not have lots of knockouts but he is 235lbs & caught fury with a good punch. anyone can get dropped in the HW division. the only HWs i can think of during my 24 years of watching boxing who have never been dropped in their entire careers is oliver mccall, vitali klitschko & dominick guinn. i'm not going to count fighting tomato cans or the older eras that i'm not as familiar with. i'm sure there are more but mccall, wlad & guinn are the only 3 i can think at the moment. these 3 have been in with world class fighters.
                    I don't really care if Pajkic dropped Fury five times. My only point is that he is not an elite fighter and therefore, to this point in his career, Fury has not been tested by an elite fighter. And I believe that if Cunningham was younger and a natural heavyweight with the same skills he would beat Fury easily. But Steve is old and could not even hurt cruserweights or a heavier Adamek. So it makes for an interesting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by gandhalf View Post
                      Just imagine if he actually owns Fury in a similar fashion... lol he'll be known as the british hunter.

Seriously though , that would suck , i don't want to see Wlad fight Thompson for a third time. I hope wlad's next opponent is either Povetkin or Pulev , Glazkov , Solis , anyone but Thompson.
                      I think it's more likely that the british will be known by their old, original name..."Horizontal Heavyweights'....

One of their prominent heavyweights in around 1925 was "Phainting" Phil Scott.

Comment

Working...
                      X