Collapse
No announcement yet.

Keith Thurman returns in January...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thurman won't fight a top 5 welterweight after coming back from a long layoff which is understandable. I hope he fights 3 times next year though. January against Figueroa or Peterson, sometime in the early summer against Spence, than in November or December maybe in a rematch against Porter. He's only fought once a year the last 2 years which isn't enough. I just hope he gets in there with Spence sometime next year since that fight determines who the true #1 at Welterweight is.

Comment

Thurman is a boring fighter. I dont know what u guys see in him.

Comment

Originally posted by FinitoxDinamita View Post
        Thurman is a boring fighter. I dont know what u guys see in him.
        In what way is he boring to you? I've found all his fights that I've watched of his to be entertaining.

Comment

Originally posted by BIG GUNZ View Post
          In what way is he boring to you? I've found all his fights that I've watched of his to be entertaining.
          His so-so punch output, lack of technique and no footwork. When going gets tough, he just runs all over the place. Some people see that as footwork but its not. His movement doesnt have purpose.

Thurman is a weak title holder

Comment

His so-so punch output, lack of technique and no footwork. When going gets tough, he just runs all over the place. Some people see that as footwork but its not. His movement doesnt have purpose.

Thurman is a weak title holder
            He's been tested by Garcia & Porter though & they didn't beat him. The only Welterweights I see beating him at this point is Spence & when Crawford officially moves up. I don't see that as being a weak title holder when he's easily one of the top 3 welterweights.

Comment

Originally posted by THEFRESHBRAWLER View Post
              I like Omar Figueroa one of my favorite fighters. This is a good fight imo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mammoth View Post
                Hopefully Figueroa. Peterson should fight Spence then unification time...

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  If these are the only options I hope Spence gets the better one.

Comment

Thurman is facing that bum Figueroa? This is weak even for a tuneup.

Fig is a walking punching bag who blocks punches with his face. Not interested.

Thurman's time is limited. He isnt that good.
                    Thank you. Thought I was the only one who didn't like the match-up

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                      You don’t like Omar? Pressure fighter. This could turn into a slug fest. Look at it with an open mind

Comment

Working...
                      X