Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

thurman should be above crawford in the pound for pound list.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I really liked Thurman, it's a shame he retired so young.

Wait, what? He's not retired? Where the fk did he go? Off to Bangladesh banging his new wife or something? Keef, where you at my man????

Comment

On paper thurman has a good resume but in reality i thought he lost to porter / draw at the least. And Let's be honest Garica was never as good as he / or his record claimed, he already got schooled by journeyman herrera.

Crawford cleaned out his division, it's not his fault the divsions sucks d*ck. If crawford gets a belt at 147 (i think he would beat thurman) then he goes to p4p no.1 IMHO.

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
        im deadly serious. you reckon thurman would have struggled with any of them 140 fighters if they came up and fought him? Unifying a trash division doesnt mean a thing.
        Thurman started at 154..so thats not saying much man

Comment

Originally posted by DramaShow View Post
          im deadly serious. you reckon thurman would have struggled with any of them 140 fighters if they came up and fought him? Unifying a trash division doesnt mean a thing.
          You weren't saying that about Golovkin.

Comment

No doubt Thurman deserves to be in the p4p list. I bet you if he was white, hispanic, or was fighting on HBO they'd be hyping him up as the number 1 p4p guy.

However I do have to disagree when it comes to Crawford. Yes maybe Thurman has beaten stronger competition in Porter and Garcia, but Crawford is a two division champion and undisputed, unified champ at his second weight class. He also beat his opponents better than Thurman did.

Thurman had a close fight with Porter and he basically ran and did nothing for the second half of his fight with Garcia. Crawford imo should still rank higher.

Thurman definitely should be in the p4p list though if bum beaters like GGG and guys with like 8 wins and 1 loss like Lomachenko are there. Then there are guys like Kovalev who just had two losses in a row and his biggest win is a 49 year old man. Having said that Loma will finally deserve it if he beats Rigo convincingly. Yeah sure the guy is jumping two weight classes but it should be a decent enough victory still to legitimise Loma, especially if, like the Mayweather v Marquez fight, skill is the reason Loma wins as opposed to size.

Spence needs another top win and then should be the top 10, and Jermell Charlo deserves it if he schools and/or KOs Lubin.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
              No doubt Thurman deserves to be in the p4p list. I bet you if he was white, hispanic, or was fighting on HBO they'd be hyping him up as the number 1 p4p guy.

However I do have to disagree when it comes to Crawford. Yes maybe Thurman has beaten stronger competition in Porter and Garcia, but Crawford is a two division champion and undisputed, unified champ at his second weight class. He also beat his opponents better than Thurman did.

Thurman had a close fight with Porter and he basically ran and did nothing for the second half of his fight with Garcia. Crawford imo should still rank higher.

Thurman definitely should be in the p4p list though if bum beaters like GGG and guys with like 8 wins and 1 loss like Lomachenko are there. Then there are guys like Kovalev who just had two losses in a row and his biggest win is a 49 year old man. Having said that Loma will finally deserve it if he beats Rigo convincingly. Yeah sure the guy is jumping two weight classes but it should be a decent enough victory still to legitimise Loma, especially if, like the Mayweather v Marquez fight, skill is the reason Loma wins as opposed to size.

Spence needs another top win and then should be the top 10, and Jermell Charlo deserves it if he schools and/or KOs Lubin.
              When you fight stiffer competition, the fights are gonna be harder. Saying Crawford beat C-level fighters better than Thurman beat Garcia and Porter doesn't mean anything, because of the lack of competition. Now if Crawford beat A-level fighters easier than Thurman than he would undoubtedly be higher P4P but that's not the case.

Let's say Crawford continued to annihilate nobodies at 140, while Thurman and Spence fight a razor thin fight. Are you really gonna put Crawford ahead of that winner on the P4P because be beat bums easier?

Comment

I don't think he should be above Crawford, but he is underrated. He only made it to the top 10 of TBRB's list today. I think it has something to do with the fact that he stopped really knocking guys out at the championship level.

Comment

Originally posted by sunny31 View Post
                  Well Crawford has gone through 2 weight divisions and that can't be ignored.

Also Postol is a hell of a win for a few reasons, firstly he was extremely hot coming off a stoppage win over Matthysse, something which Danny Garcia didn't come close to doing. You can argue about who faced the better version, but Postol dispatched him in pretty one sided fashion. Second Crawford didn't just beat Postol, he completely humiliated him and dropped him, if you consider the mood before the fight, plenty of people picking Postol, so you have to factor in how dominant the performance was.
                  I swear people forget that Mathysse basically quit in that fight... also Postol looked terrible when he fought Crawford. Postol's is really overrated imo.

Comment

Yes Crawford is p4p#1 cherry picker and outweigh their opponents by a lot ww fighting smaller dude pretty much I agree Crawford is the p4p champ.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post

You should have just saved yourself the time of typing and just took a knee in your living room

Comment

Working...
                      X