Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you ever get the feeling people don't actually score fights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
    Good post. It's even worse because sometimes the bias comes form disliking other posters just as much as being a fan of a fighter. You can clearly see the patterns on nsb...even from some of the "non biased" people.
    Ive really enjoyed watching boxing the past few months because no fighter I like has actually been fighting. So, all these fights that been happening, I've been able to watch them with different perspective and objectivity. Very enjoyable.

Some of these guys get too caught up in the fanboyism and refuse to see or credit anything the other fighter does.

Comment

Before a fight, I make the decision to score the fight or to watch the fight, you can't do both and expect to know which fighter wins a close decision... Not until you watch it again and score it with discipline...

I'm a fan, I want to enjoy the fight so I'll watch it most of the time...
      Undercard fights you can judge and not feel like you're missing too much...

Scoring a fight is work, you aren't enjoying it that much... You can't just mostly watch one fighter, like when you watch a fight...

You have to watch both boxers and check or slash a piece of paper with Power Head/body or Jab... (Check for power or slash for jab, or whatever works for you.)
      A pen in each hand with separate pieces of paper for each boxer...

You can't look at the paper to see what you are writing because you need to keep your eye on the action, so a sloppy (But accurate) mess of ink on paper is the result after each round... Then you need to add ring generalship and defensive into the equation plus knock downs or stunning blows in the minute between rounds before the next one starts and have to do it again...

Scoring a fight is work and watching a fight is pleasure, don't confuse the two... Anyone can break film down after the fact, but you have to score a fight in real time to know who won a close fight before the film break down...
      Last edited by MindGame; 04-15-2017, 03:22 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        Ive really enjoyed watching boxing the past few months because no fighter I like has actually been fighting. So, all these fights that been happening, I've been able to watch them with different perspective and objectivity. Very enjoyable.

Some of these guys get too caught up in the fanboyism and refuse to see or credit anything the other fighter does.
        Agreed. I like a lot of fighters, but I'm not a huge "fan" of any fighter. Most fights i genuinely don't really care who wins...i don't know if it makes it more enjoyable or not, cuz sometimes i see the passion that other people have for a certain outcome and feel like I may be missing that. I just enjoy the sport as a whole...as many different styles, shapes, sizes going up against eachother at the highest level, the better as far as I'm concerned.

Comment

i say it after every close fight on here. for a bunch of supposed experts a lot of the clowns on here sure as **** dont know the first thing about scoring a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by considerthis View Post
            Agreed. I like a lot of fighters, but I'm not a huge "fan" of any fighter. Most fights i genuinely don't really care who wins...i don't know if it makes it more enjoyable or not, cuz sometimes i see the passion that other people have for a certain outcome and feel like I may be missing that. I just enjoy the sport as a whole...as many different styles, shapes, sizes going up against eachother at the highest level, the better as far as I'm concerned.
            My top favorite fighters are Pacquiao and Matthysse but those guys are as good as done so there's nothing to get really excited about. And while I do like some other current fighters, Im not really a "fan" of them if you know what I mean. First one that comes to mind is Crawford.

Comment

Originally posted by Porter's Dad View Post
              And that they actually go by what they feel or sense the way the fight went?
              I think nearly everyone scores fights that way to an extent. I can't be convinced that everyone watching the fight has a pen and notepad ready, or keeps a simultaneous score in their heads of how many shots (and significant shots) each guy is landing per round.

I used to attempt it, but it ended up lasting for only about the first three or four rounds because it started to feel more like work than fun. Now I just sit back and score each round largely on who it "felt" landed the more shots/did the more damage.

Comment

NSB is too full of bias to take many scorecards seriously. People here spend so much time taking sides that they judge every fight based on some side they took. And there are probably even more people who have no idea how to score a fight.

I honestly can't understand the scores some people come up with. GGG-Jacobs is a good example of that. I'm with you, there's no way Golovkin lost more than 6 rounds. No way at all.

Comment

Yeah like anyone who said ward won the kov fight, none of those idiots actually scored anything cause they don't know how.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                    NSB is too full of bias to take many scorecards seriously. People here spend so much time taking sides that they judge every fight based on some side they took. And there are probably even more people who have no idea how to score a fight.

I honestly can't understand the scores some people come up with. GGG-Jacobs is a good example of that. I'm with you, there's no way Golovkin lost more than 6 rounds. No way at all.
                    I personally had GGG by 1 point and had no issue with the decision BUT I could had seen it going the other way by 1 point too. It all just depends on the scorer.

Comment

Originally posted by NaijaD View Post
                      Most people don't score the fights, this was most evident during the DeGale vs Jack fight.... people just ran with the lopsided punch stats but if you broke it down on a round by round basis the draw verdict was on the money. Jack won "the fight" because his rounds were more dominant but as a round by round boxing match it was a draw in my opinion. Of course the robbery cries came flooding in.... some guys just cry robbery if the guy they thought won doesn't get the nod, same thing with the Chisora-Whyte fight...... I could not believe people were saying Chisora got robbed!! That fight was as close as anything I've ever seen.
                      You're right about DeGale-Jack. You know, that really does seem to the method most of NSB uses when they cry robbery. They totally disregard scoring a fight round by round and just go by which fighter overall looked like they did more damage.

Comment

Working...
                      X