Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can any Danny Garcia fan please tell my why you're still a fan of his

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Danny beat Lucas THREE YEARS AGO! And he hasn't done anything relevant since. Could literally have 2 losses to Herrera and peterson. And the rest of his fights were gross mismatches against washed up fighters and the ultimate slap in the face salka. His best wins are literally half a decade ago. Ever since the Herrera debacle his camp has been spooked and that's why you getting trash fights. I didn't think you could pick a worse opponent then berto but Garcia proved me wrong by turning it down to fight molina. No excuse all the top welterweights are with haymon but rather then fight thurman, Spence, porter, etc he was steered to a vacant belt he didn't deserve and has no intentions of fighting a single top welterweight. He just milking easy safe fights like his daddy said.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
      I agree he did earn his the hard way and that's another thing. These fighters are old as hell and aint accomplished shit!The get a couple wins and think they're Money May but forget that before he was Money May he was Pretty Boy Floyd. I don't rate that Peterson win to high. It was outside his best weight and wasn't the Peterson that Khan and Matthysse fought and Peterson blew that fight by running the first half of the fight. After Matthysse, Danny was on the cusp of greatness. Maybe he saw what requires greatness and he didn't want any part of it. Since Floyd retired I watch these fighters who are supposed to take his spot and I don't know if they can handle that spot. Fury has already flamed out. Canelo can't take the pressure and has allowed his fights to be taken over with talk of GGG. Floyd never allowed his fights to be dominated with talk of Pacquiao. GGG just can't cross over and his team is amateur hour. Ward is to emotional about what's written about him. To take that spot you have to be mentally strong outside the ring. I don't know if these guys got it.
      He needed to fight Lamont though, it was the last remaining big name in his division true it happend a couple pounds over but that was his bow on the 140 division, he cleared out all the names.

Lamint chose the wrong strategy for that fight you can't pin that on Danny he did what he does and wins maybe not always convincingly and shows some flaws but he wins. I think that might be his biggest asset

Mayweather has proved that he's a once in a generation fighter and had the right amount of skill and business sense to dominate the game and take the crown Do you honestly feel Danny was ever going to be that. Like I said I'm a fan but I never thought of him like that, maybe he keeps winning and proves me wrong with wins over Thurman & Spence and others but that's a high mountain to climb to compare him to that.

The next Floyd might not come around for awhile, we might have to settle for good but not great champions until that special one comes Along and shakes up the game.

But it's tough to judge a fighters career when it's still in progress you almost always have to wait until it's nearly done or finished before you lay that claim.
      What had b-hop done at 35, Would Floyd be rated that high half way through his career before he jumped to 147. Would Manny be on the list halfway through his career.

You tend to rate the good from the great on what they do on the back half of their career, that's what usualky seperates them When they hopefully build up a name and some clout and are able to capitalize on their chances and big fights. So far Dannys done a great job the first half by putting himself in position the back half is still unwritten, I'm not going to say that he's next in line for the crown he still has a very long road before that happens and as we've seen in boxing it usually ends in failure not success

Comment

Danny's had a lot of close calls and gifts against very average fighters and way past it fighters that's why he will not mix it up with Thurman, Spence, or even Porter.

Not mad at him but not really gonna watch him cherry pick into a retirement fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          As a fan do you get frustrated you don't get to talk about your favorite fighter? You know how fans make threads and videos about their fav fighter's upcoming fight. Or breaking down their last fight. As a Garcia fan it's gotta kill you that the only time you get to talk about his is in threads like these. Even during his build up to fight Monlina nobody is going to make threads breaking down the fight. All the threads will be about how shitty of a fight it is because it is a shitty fight. This is a serious question. I'm not trying to be an a-hole
          I'm not sure what you mean? I could care less about what people say about a fighter i root for or a team I support. I wouldn't want to make a video about danny Garcia even if people loved him lol.

Comment

Originally posted by glenn mcrory View Post
            lol
            Khan and Matthyse fans were butthurt.
            Trust me, mexicans werent angry that he beat old shot Morales, most of them were laughing he got taken to the wire against him in the first fight.
            What they were probably mad at is that he robbed Herrera.

Mexicans would retire his ass if they gave a **** about him. Just put him against Gomez.
            Let's be honest Mexicans hate Puerto Ricans no matter what lol
            Mexicans are good at 3 things
            Swimming
            Making rice and beans
            Hating Puerto Ricans

Comment

lol
              Khan and Matthyse fans were butthurt.
              Trust me, mexicans werent angry that he beat old shot Morales, most of them were laughing he got taken to the wire against him in the first fight.
              What they were probably mad at is that he robbed Herrera.

Mexicans would retire his ass if they gave a **** about him. Just put him against Gomez.
              This logic is ******ed

Garcia had to beat a future first ballot HOF to get his first strap that showed he still had some gas in the tank with his fights against Maidana and Cano. I don't care what anyone says that's a tall task for any young inexperienced fighter to go through to get your first belt.

Look who Canelo got his first strap against, The 2nd tier blown up Hatton. Bud got his against Ricky Burns. Oscar Valdez just got his against a no name Argentinian. Rameriez got his against a old faded probably lost to Smith Abrham. Who the f.uck did Gennady get his against? The list goes on and on about young guys almost getting gifted their first strap.

Garcia was thrown to the wolves his whole career on the come up and all he did was win. He should be getting respect for that.

Comment

Originally posted by -DSG- View Post
                Let's be honest Mexicans hate Puerto Ricans no matter what lol
                Mexicans are good at 3 things
                Swimming
                Making rice and beans
                Hating Puerto Ricans
                You forgot number 4.
                4. Beating up Puerto Ricans

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                This logic is ******ed

Garcia had to beat a future first ballot HOF to get his first strap that showed he still had some gas in the tank with his fights against Maidana and Cano. I don't care what anyone says that's a tall task for any young inexperienced fighter to go through to get your first belt.

Look who Canelo got his first strap against, The 2nd tier blown up Hatton. Bud got his against Ricky Burns. Oscar Valdez just got his against a no name Argentinian. Rameriez got his against a old faded probably lost to Smith Abrham. Who the f.uck did Gennady get his against? The list goes on and on about young guys almost getting gifted their first strap.

Garcia was thrown to the wolves his whole career on the come up and all he did was win. He should be getting respect for that.
                Way to deflect, I never said any of those guys beat anyone good for their belts.
                A comparison attempt was never made.
                I respect Garcia's earlier career. He still has one of the best resumes for a younger fighter but that still doesnt change the fact mexicans were never "hating" on Danny, there was no reason to. Hell a mexican in Herrera is probably the reason Danny seems to have lost all confidence in himself.

Comment

You forgot number 4.
                  4. Beating up Puerto Ricans

Way to deflect, I never said any of those guys beat anyone good for their belts.
                  A comparison attempt was never made.
                  I respect Garcia's earlier career. He still has one of the best resumes for a younger fighter but that still doesnt change the fact mexicans were never "hating" on Danny, there was no reason to. Hell a mexican in Herrera is probably the reason Danny seems to have lost all confidence in himself.
                  Sorry My bad I misread your post , actually agree with most of what you wrote

With the exception of the Hererra part but you probably know that because we've gone back and forth about that in the past and talked plenty of sh.it about that

Have a good one man

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    Sorry My bad I misread your post , actually agree with most of what you wrote

With the exception of the Hererra part but you probably know that because we've gone back and forth about that in the past and talked plenty of sh.it about that

Have a good one man
                    Dont worry, just having good fun.
                    Talking **** is what I do best.

Comment

Garcia could pretty much always make 5+ better fights than the fights he ends up in.

He's just raking in cash against the less-dangerous option 9.5/10 fights. I don't begrudge him that but he shouldn't be considered a hall of famer and I don't consider him an elite fighter.

I thought for sure he would be Mayweather's come-out-of-retirement fight this fall. No danger for Floyd to lose and against a Haymon represented, undefeated champion... Maybe that's still in the cards. I'd watch that.

Berto and Garcia would have been a great scrap.

Comment

Working...
                      X