Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ramses07 View Post
    marquez is the better fighter head to head

most people only know marquez from 130 lbs + where he looked mad slow

look at how he fast and explosive he was at 127, dude was a freak of nature at that weight

morales never really impressed me tbh, but ppl just like his style of fighting

barrera is better than morales
    Erik Morales never impressed you? FFS.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
      Erik Morales never impressed you? FFS.

Not as a technician. like i said he had a fan friendly style.

Comment

Not as a technician. like i said he had a fan friendly style.
        You just ain't studying hard enough, bruh. Know your Morales and understand what he's doing. The feints he uses, how he sets up his combos, how he sets traps, how he creates openings.

Morales is the definition of a master technician if you know what your watching.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          oooooooooo....**** just got real....these two for me are the top 10 mexican fighters of all time.

i have to think on this one
          Great fighters no doubt, but better than Chavez Sr or Ricardo Lopez?

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            These two were great, but The Baby-Faced Assassin bested them both. Jay Nady robbed Barrera against Marquez by not calling the KD. Only Pacquiao ever clearly owned Marco.

i like barrera two but these guys were able to beat fighters that MAB couldnt. MAB is right up there with them but IMO just behind them.

Comment

Originally posted by just the facts View Post
              Great fighters no doubt, but better than Chavez Sr or Ricardo Lopez?
              i was saying they were top ten

I have Lopez over Chavez and Chavez over and Barrera

I swip swap MORALES and Chavez all the time

JMM is behind Lopez but ahead of ahead of the other guys imo

LOPEZ had the consistency and was dominant vs some good little fighters

Chavez technically lost a few of his big ones...got a gift draw vs whitaker and arguably lost to juan laporte and rocky lockridge in close fights

Lopez was the great straw weight of all time and if you are considered the best in any weight class in history, you should be near the top in ATG lists

p4p lopez is the most complete mexican fighter of all time

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                You just ain't studying hard enough, bruh. Know your Morales and understand what he's doing. The feints he uses, how he sets up his combos, how he sets traps, how he creates openings.

Morales is the definition of a master technician if you know what your watching.
                i always admired the way he could alter his right hand in mid swing and his punch variety....he was very skilful and exciting to boot.

his feints were very good too

Comment

marquez is the better fighter head to head

most people only know marquez from 130 lbs + where he looked mad slow

look at how he fast and explosive he was at 127, dude was a freak of nature at that weight

morales never really impressed me tbh, but ppl just like his style of fighting

barrera is better than morales
                  JMM was so impressive at 126....some fighters throw a counter punch...he threw counter combos....some of the sweetest off a slip ive ever seen and he had every punch in the book at his disposal

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
                    i always admired the way he could alter his right hand in mid swing and his punch variety....he was very skilful and exciting to boot.

his feints were very good too
                    Yeah. You don't have to like him but I can't let these dudes get away with trying to downplay his skill level.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
                      Yeah. You don't have to like him but I can't let these dudes get away with trying to downplay his skill level.
                      all it takes is one great fight and an aggressive dispostition and you
                      ll be relegated to a cave man i guess.....Morales was one of the most skill fighters in a deep era...sometimes his warrior side got in the way....If he didnt war with Barrera so much he couldve won the series IMO....he had the advantage outside and Barrera had it inside with his hooks and short shots.....well he wouldnt be el terrible fighting like a mini ward i guess

Comment

Working...
                      X