Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Deontay Wilder vs. Andrzej Wawrzyk on September 26?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deontay Wilder vs. Andrzej Wawrzyk on September 26?

A well-known journalist in Poland Mateusz Borek says that Wawrzyk-Wilder is very possible for September 26.

Wawrzyk is coming back after a long layoff, due to a serious auto accident last year.

https://twitter.com/BorekMati

Mateusz Borek @ BorekMati
    Widze, ze walka Wilder VS Wawrzyk 26.09 nabiera ksztatow. Nieprzypadkowy jest jutrzejszy sparing na Legii traktowany jako oficjalna walka.

Translation:

"I see that fight Wilder VS. Wawrzyk 26.09 takes shape. It is no coincidence tomorrow sparring on the Legion will be treated as the official fight."

("on the Legion" - he refers to Wawrzyk's fight tomorrow, which was originally considered a sparring contest not recorded on Boxrec, but it will now be counted as an official fight)
    Last edited by The Hammer; 07-20-2015, 02:58 PM.

I'd think Haymon would want somebody with more name recognition for US audiences. IMO Haymon would want Arreola more.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
      I'd think Haymon would want somebody with more name recognition for US audiences. IMO Haymon would want Arreola more.
      You would think so.

But maybe Haymon thinks the fight will be popular with Polish Americans? It won't be, though - they know Wawrzyk is coming back after an auto accident and a long layoff, and they know he's not very good.
      Last edited by The Hammer; 07-20-2015, 03:01 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KO'er View Post
        Maybe Arreola killed it with his post fight comments.

Comment

Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
          Maybe Arreola killed it with his post fight comments.
          Possibly.

Anyway, the Polish source is very reliable, comparable to Dan Rafael in the USA.

Comment

That's a pretty random opponent. I see no logical reason why Wilder and his team would pick that guy.

I think this is a red herring. I still fully expect Arreola to be the opponent in September.

Comment

Someone wants to put their obscure clients name out there.

Comment

Now Wawrzyk's fight tomorrow is official, and has been added to BoxRec.

He's fighting Patryk Kowoll (3-14).

http://boxrec.com/boxer/573990

Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
                Someone wants to put their obscure clients name out there.
                He a respected boxing commentator/journalist, not a manager or promoter.

Comment

I just learned something: Wawrzyk is co-managed by Al Haymon. He signed with him before the auto accident last year.

Now it makes more sense.

Comment

fight povetkin chicken

Comment

Working...
                    X