Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So let me get this right Mikey was asking for 2 mil to fight gamboa?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
    I knew that Mikey was asking for a ****load of money to fight gamboa, even though his loyal fans were here saying gamboa outpriced himself and then backpedaled at the end, bla, bla, bla. So I was watching the fight game last night and Dan Rafael said that Mikey Garcia was asking for nearly 2 million dollars to fight gamboa. Are you serious? Who the F R U? Has mikey made even more than 900k his whole career? Hbo kept feeding him b side opponents for good money to build him up and finally ask him to take a fight against a decent opponent who hasn't fought since the 90's but has some skill and the dude back out like a bytch? This reminds me of the Donaire situation, they kept feeding him decent opponents but guys who clearly didn't have a chance against him, then HBO finally says ok man fight this guy rigo. Donaire even though he hesitated, stepped up to the challenge made 1.4 mil and took the risk. Mikey was about to make his 1.4 mil also, while he was nowhere the star donaire was and back out. Like Yuri said this isn't the olympics where you train for a few months and know you will face the best in you division. Here if they know that you are a possible threat, they will keep their guy apart from you to make sure that no risks are involved.

Bring on Crawford vs Gamboa in June/July or whenever they said it will take place. Fak It
    Garcia is a dumb ****. No wonder why To[ Rank is getting sued, he is a dumb mofo.

Comment

I saw that last night too. . Someone is definitely in Mikey's ear..that or he's seeing his stablemates Rios and Maidana getting lotto paydays and is getting envious

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        I saw that last night too. . Someone is definitely in Mikey's ear..that or he's seeing his stablemates Rios and Maidana getting lotto paydays and is getting envious
        Well Rios was getting bank before Pac... got like a milli for Alvarado.
        1.5 is ridiculous though

Comment

If that's true then its a total ***** move for him to try and make it appear that it was Gamboa that was pricing himself out.

He's comparing his market value to Rios, Maidana and the other guys in his camp not realizing that he's in a weight division that doesn't command those types of purses.

Comment

Mikey said Gamboa was outpricing himself so his fans believed it and ran with it. Sort of like fl0mos. They run with everything and anything Mayweather says.

And yes, the Salido fight proved Mikey is a hoe.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Yea... Rios still brings in more views than Mikey.

First fight brought in 850k on an undercard

Second fight brought in 1.2M

http://www.boxingscene.com/rios-alva...-on-hbo--63980

Comment

let him go to Al Haymon ,Showtime will give too him

Comment

Originally posted by Cubanborn87 View Post
                  I knew that Mikey was asking for a ****load of money to fight gamboa, even though his loyal fans were here saying gamboa outpriced himself and then backpedaled at the end, bla, bla, bla. So I was watching the fight game last night and Dan Rafael said that Mikey Garcia was asking for nearly 2 million dollars to fight gamboa. Are you serious? Who the F R U? Has mikey made even more than 900k his whole career? Hbo kept feeding him b side opponents for good money to build him up and finally ask him to take a fight against a decent opponent who hasn't fought since the 90's but has some skill and the dude back out like a bytch? This reminds me of the Donaire situation, they kept feeding him decent opponents but guys who clearly didn't have a chance against him, then HBO finally says ok man fight this guy rigo. Donaire even though he hesitated, stepped up to the challenge made 1.4 mil and took the risk. Mikey was about to make his 1.4 mil also, while he was nowhere the star donaire was and back out. Like Yuri said this isn't the olympics where you train for a few months and know you will face the best in you division. Here if they know that you are a possible threat, they will keep their guy apart from you to make sure that no risks are involved.

Bring on Crawford vs Gamboa in June/July or whenever they said it will take place. Fak It
                  Yeah fact is Garcia priced him self out of the fight. As much as Gamboa was talking you think Garcia would be dying to get in the ring with him. Guess not. A lot of fans disappointed in mikey cause he's the one to blame for that fight not going down, he needs to call the og Fernando Vargas and find out what being a fighter is all about
                  Last edited by Chiboxing123; 04-20-2014, 11:00 AM.

Comment

It seems like the fight was never going to happen imo. Sounds like the standard Top Rank, "if you want the fight, sign a 5 year extension." His contract ended in February, Mikey is looking forward to better opportunity (promotion wise).

I wouldn't consider this a duck, until more info is known regarding the particular's behind the negotiations. He should demand 2M if he's going to commit 5 more years to Top Rank.

Comment

The guy ducked Gamboa.

Comment

Working...
                      X