Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This Sat. Toshiaki Nishioka vs Jhonny Gonzalez. giving odds!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• This Sat. Toshiaki Nishioka vs Jhonny Gonzalez. giving odds!!!

i take jhonny at 2:1 ! example:
    my 100k gonzalez over nishioka to your 50k.
    not going to bet the barn on this one. but a small out building.
    will cover 500k's worth.
    100k minimum.

a good take on this fight from my favorite scribe, Graham Houston:

"Former bantam champion Jhonny Gonzalez makes his second attempt to win a world title at 122 pounds when he challenges WBC belt-holder Toshiaki Nishioka on Saturday.
    In a previous title attempt three years ago he was knocked out by Israel Vazquez, who was too strong for him, but Gonzalez now seems to have grown nicely into the 122-pound division.
    Gonzalez has been winning steadily since his seventh-round loss to Gerry Penalosa in August 2007, when he was ahead on the scorecards only to get dropped for the full count by a left to the body from the Filipino southpaw.
    Gonzalez has lost only to Penalosa and fellow-Mexican Vazquez in the last seven years — and he had Vazquez down twice. The boxer-puncher from Mexico City is the favourite on Saturday.
    Nishioka is skilled and experienced, though, and he’s a southpaw. This is a difficult for Gonzalez.
    Nishioka became champion at the fifth attempt when he outpointed the durable Thai, Napapol, last September. The Japanese boxer then gave one of his best-ever performances in January when he stopped Genaro Garcia in the last round. Nishioka twice dropped the tough veteran and finally overwhelmed the Mexican fighter with a fusillade of punches in the 12th.
    Nishioka has only been stopped once, and that was in his second fight. He has lost only to the strong Thai, Veeraphol, in the last nine years, twice being outpointed in a gruelling four-fight series that included two draws.
    The Mexican site clearly favours Gonzalez, and he is the puncher in the fight. Nishioka has the smart, southpaw skills that can frustrate fighters such as Napapol and Genaro Garcia, but Gonzalez is a fine technician and not easily outboxed.
    The concern one has about Gonzalez is that he is not very durable. There are the two KO losses on his record, of course, but also he was dropped by Gabriel Elizondo and floored twice by the Nicaraguan William Gonzalez, although each time he came back to knock out the other man in brief but explosive fights.
    Nishioka does punch solidly with the left hand from his southpaw style. Gonzalez, though, can really hurt opponents, and he can do it from either side — left or right.
    Apart from the Penalosa loss — and that was a one-punch ending in a fight he was winning — Gonzalez has traditionally done well against southpaws. He stopped left-handers such as Irene Pacheco, William Gonzalez, Ratanachai Sor Vorapin and a faded Mark Johnson and, in his last fight Gonzalez blew away yet another southpaw, Reynaldo Lopez.
    In a set piece boxing match, cut and thrust, lead and counter, I think that Gonzalez and Nishioka are well matched.
    Nishioka is a talented and brave fighter who deserves respect.
    Last edited by STEELHEAD; 05-22-2009, 02:50 PM.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' ''''''''bump

Comment

SI !
      you lost!
      i give a chanche.
      glad no take!

Comment

Working...
      X